Where did you get your profile picture from?

I've been here in the forums and most of the profile pictures I see are quite unfamiliar as to their identity or origin. I'm curious to know where you got your profile pictures from and also, I'd like to know why you chose that specific character, place, scene, or any other category.

As for my own profile picture, it's a portrait of Apollo Justice from the Ace Attorney series. I chose him because I find him as a cool and unique character. I normally use characters as profile pictures because well, they're profiles after all. As for my previous profile, it's Natsuki from Niijiro Days.

How about you? Where did you get your profile from? Why did you choose that as your profile picture?

Edited by Mr. Divergent

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start with the one I used up until two weeks ago (now in my signature).  The old walking gif was from the opening of 'Aim for the Top 2: Diebuster'.  Iwanted my profile to be mecha related; I chose Diebuster, since I used an 'Aim for the Top: Gunbuster' gif on another site.

My current pic is a shiny Mega Gardevoir forming a black hole (the bit of Pokedex lore that initially drew me to Gardevoir).  It is wearing armor similar to one of my favorite mecha, Granzon--a mecha that can form/launch micro black holes.  My favorite Pokemon and a top mecha both had a similar ability, so I requested/commissioned Arkiel to draw this when she started the service.

Edited by seki108

35 minutes ago, Lugruf said:

Hide contents

The_Slow_Regard_of_Silent_Things_(UK)_co

Sorry that I go off topic. Is that book good (I heard that autor is really good)

Anyway my profile picture is the morning sky, it was taken in October (? i think) when I was going to my internship. I just saw the sky and was like, its beautifull and had to take a picture

Spoiler

17467808_1300964676656404_1915302685_n.jpg

mine shows Snake (also known as Naked Snake and later Big Boss) and EVA from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (for PS2 back in the days).
from the whole series, which is my favourite of all time, it's the game I like most.
Konami remade the game in the modern Fox engine - no, not to sell it, that would be exactly what fans would like. instead they used it for pachislot machines in Japan.
they released some of the HD art as wallpapers and there were some trailers as advertisement - one of which luckily featured this scene, which was shown in my previous avatar as well, but in PS2 graphics.

without going into any depth, EVA is trying to tempt the snake this time (reversing the scene from the bible) - however, love can bloom even on the battlefield (a main character asked about that in MGS1).
I like the romance between the two on many levels ~

@Anti_Hero It's a great book however it's only a very short story about a beloved minor side character from the main book series " The Kingkiller Chronicle" What is probably my favorite book series of all time (or at least in the top 3)

Blurb from the first book

Spoiler

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings.
I burned down the town of Trebon.
I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life.
I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in.
I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day.
I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.
My name is Kvothe.
You may have heard of me.

Should probably mention I believe my profile picture is a portrayal of Gambit from the X-men when he was younger.

Edited by lifesapity

@lifesapity This is getting a bit off topic but I actually prefer a lot The slow regard of silent things over the rest of the kingkiller's chronicles. The name of the wind and the wise man's fear were okay, but I absolutely loved Auri's book.

3 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

My profile pic is Noel and his doll Nomos from the Reborn game

i thought that his personality is good i liked it and he is one of favourite Reborn characters

Wait..... that's Noel? I really thought it was another character from an anime or something. How did you find that picture?

This image is a fusion of sans(the short skeleton from undertale) and a duskull, while I found this image looking for a different one, and I figured, this image looks nice, why not use it as my profile pic.

I then found the image I was looking for about 10 seconds later 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Wait..... that's Noel? I really thought it was another character from an anime or something. How did you find that picture?

I found it on devianart, well i wasn't looking for him excactly as i was trying to find fan art of Reborn's characters i'll try to find the link cuz i think there are other pics of the other characters

3 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

I found it on devianart, well i wasn't looking for him excactly as i was trying to find fan art of Reborn's characters i'll try to find the link cuz i think there are other pics of the other characters

I see. I really like the fan art. :)

5 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I've been here in the forums and most of the profile pictures I see are quite unfamiliar as to their identity or origin. I'm curious to know where you got your profile pictures from and also, I'd like to know why you chose that specific character, place, scene, or any other category.

As for my own profile picture, it's a portrait of Apollo Justice from the Ace Attorney series. I chose him because I find him as a cool and unique character. I normally use characters as profile pictures because well, they're profiles after all. As for my previous profile, it's Natsuki from Niijiro Days.

How about you? Where did you get your profile from? Why did you choose that as your profile picture?

i got mine from google and i chose this one ( after downloading so many and pondering to choose which one for about 2 hours my memory is not ok ) because i relate to raven so much  and have a serious obsession over her 

It's a picture of Kayaba Akihiko from the ending of Sword Art Online. I edited out the background and changed some colors around so he'd fit better in the new background I'm using, which is from the intro to SAO. I've been using this one for a looong time now, mostly because I really like the character, and can kind of identify with him in some ways. Strangely enough, I like his bland appearance, and the pose in this picture especially is one that I think is a good fit for my image around here.