i need help with pulse swalot

Kevin BlackHeart

i am very annoyed, i have a pretty ok team.

typhlosion, meowstic, arcanine, furret, floatzel, pachirisu.

and i thought i was doing ok.............until i met PULSE swalot.

now, i have already beaten every trainer i could till PULSE swalot, so training up ground/rock/steel types to cope with it is rather impossible.

i always start with pachirisu and use discharge for the hope of the 30% para chance (swalot 2 shots this guys though) and i have been here for 2 hours and NOT A SINGLE PARA.

i am slowly losing my mind to frustration.

and its kinda annoying how sludge wave basically is a 180 (or so) with the murkwater field effect, add that to swalots natural bulk and its just god dam ridiculous.after having gone through a extra hours + the 2 hours from before i have collected pokemon on route 3 (bisharp, piloswine any hel

and graveller) in order to better prepare myself for the sludge wave but i have lost all confidence in myself.

if there is anyone who reads this who has a good mon that can take it out then i will forever be in your favor.

and as much as i love this game there are 2 things i detest in it.

puzzles and now swalot.

*edit: will give out my online play username once someone decides to help me.

any help is appreciated.

Edited by Kevin BlackHeart

no offense but your team is kind of trash: 

- both typh and arcanine fill similar roles of fire-type; both are pretty good though, but having two fire-types on one team means you'll definitely lose to water-types

- meowstic is pretty nice support if its male, and an okay attacker if female

- does furret even do anything

- Floatzel is decent but against a water/poison-type it's not doing much

- pachirisu can take some hits and paralyse and thats... it

Throughout the entire game you've been expected to change your team up to accomodate for threats :v For example, in my monobug, I spammed struggle bug against it until the special attacks did nothing, then whittled it down with Escavalier.

You just need to find ways to debuff Swalot - also the lack of para from discharge is just luck, but doesn't pachirisu get nuzzle...?

If you really want help, you can catch an Electrode in one of the rooms in the Sewer, which can learn Eerie Impulse. Very useful for this since it lowers special attack by 2 stages.

3 minutes ago, Combat said:

You can always use a Perish Song or Destiny Bond User to take out boss Pokemon.

i am aware, but as i said, i dont have pokemon with such moves, and i would have to grind up a lv 4 krickitot to lv 50, unless theres a exp code im unaware of that grind is gonna take forever with only wild encounters to grind of at

I caught a Piloswine from somewhere and boy did she help. Blizzard changes the feel regardless if it hits the target or not in this case, and then earthquake that Swalot till it's down. You may need several ultra potions though. And please be aware that earthquake will crack the ice, resetting the field back to toxic water. Also, it would be better to evolve Piloswine into Mamoswine because now that I think of it, I should've done so. XD Mamoswine does have a higher attack power after all.

Btw, I would know about struggling with Pulse Swalot. My best chance was with my Delphoxy using psychic before I had Piloswine, but even one hit from sludge wave took out him out.

For training, you can always go to Clown Indra at Agate circus, you can challenge him repeatedly, plus you earn good money and shards. Put Exp share for the low level pokemon you want to train and face him with your best team.

At this point of time, it is to be expected for you to rotate some of your earlier pokemon to a new, better ones. Bisharp is definitely one of the stronger ones you can train.

Again, there is always the cheese strat Perish Song/Destiny Bond for any boss if you are out of option. Check the PC. The Carvanha I got from Archer and Shuppet/Pumpkaboo caught in the wild have Destiny Bonds. If don't have, I can trade a pokemon with Destiny Bond for you. Put Focus Sash on them and bam! One Hit KO.

Edited by Phandaria

5 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

If you have time you can go to Shade's Gym and catch a Magnemite > Magneton/zone, since I believe all Pulse Swalot can hit you with is Infestation since I know my steelix had no problem against it, and you'll be immune to the poison.

At the moment he does not have the ability to go to Shade's gym, as he is still in the Agate Circus arc, so unless he caught one beforehand, that is not an option.

While people are saying that that's not a great team, if it's been working out for you, I don't see why you shouldn't continue use it. However, for this battle at least, you definitely might want to bring something else. I recommend getting a Walrein or something else that naturally learns Blizzard so you can turn the field around. The Swalot is reliant almost exclusively on the Murkwater field being up, so changing it greatly weakens it.

Alternatively, Destiny Bond/Perish Song work as well, if you're willing to take that route.

Also, shouldn't this thread be better suited to the Team Showcase subforum? I mean you're asking for a Pokemon to help with defeating it, but it's still better suited there as you're asking for help.

Edited by Anstane

17 hours ago, Kevin BlackHeart said:

now, i have already beaten every trainer i could till PULSE swalot

Except for the rebattleable clown that you can fight over and over again.

As for the main problem: How the hell did you get this far with only 6 pokemon? I had like 20 at that point.
You need to be more flexible.

Edited by Sirrobert