What is your favorite Fire Emblem class?

Wolfox

No matter if you're a long time fan or just started playing with Fates, all FE players can agree on one thing: The classes in Fire Emblem can be AWSOME!

So I though: Why not ask people what their favorite is or their favorites are? It will be fun!

So please tell us what your favorite class is or your favorite classes are, and why they are ofcourse ;)

Limited classes like the Conquerer or extremely common classes like the Mercenary or the Mage. Classes renamed in fates or just the original names. It does not matter what it is, just respect the oppinions :)

For me it's a close battle between Myrmidon and the Hero classes, but the Hero class tends to be the class I like above the Myrmidon.

The reason I like the Hero so much is because it's a balanced class overall and can most of the time do what you need it for. You need a tank? It can work. You need a fast killer? Got it. Another their Character model looks really nice and the weapon combination of Axe and Sword is always useful.

And as last reason: Priam

chibi_priam_by_roseannepage-d75ulw2.png

Need I even say more?

Edited by Wolfox Glace

I'm loving Grandmaster right now, seeing that it's both offensively and defensively good. My Robin is Magic Oriented and he's basically been a good help to the team.

My favorites are quite a few though. I love Sage because of Pent in FE7; he basically wrecked an entire map before you recruit him while he stays as a good character till the end. I also love the Great Lord class as it is a staple in most FE Games and the main character represents this class, thus, it is always guaranteed to be awesome. I especially loved the FE GBA games which featured this class. Lastly, I like the animal or beast based classes namely Taguel from Awakening and Kitsune from Fates Birthright. Both Panne and Kaden are quite good fighters and their personalities are also quite unique, considering that they don't have much experience interacting with humans. In particular, I really enjoy the supports of Panne with some of the men, especially Virion.

I really love Fire Emblem, and sometimes, it's hard when you get too attached to characters because you'd soft reset for the sake of those characters.

Well, I'll divide this into my favorite female classes and male classes. I'm that kind of person, alright? Good.

"Female" Classes:

9BDDmX1.gif

Snipers: Need a class that can hit hard from a distance? Look no further. Female snipers usually are focused on speed, male snipers mainly focus on attack and defense. I prefer the female variant. They just look cool, especially in the GBA games.

WfoP1GI.gif

Sages: A class with capes, strong magic and the ability to heal allies. They usually are intelligent characters. 'Nuff said.

"Male" Classes:

2uvVuMR.gif

Swordmasters: Focus on having high speed and skill, so that they can dodge enemy attacks and hit hard in return. They also get a crit bonus in some Fire Emblem games, making them even more dangerous.

Kchf7A4.gif

Halberdier: Soldiers that are overall balanced, having an even stat distribution with a slight focus on defense and skill. Essentially a more mobile version of a knight.

Edited by Inactivity

General: Spear

Fire_52ab60_5866352.gif

The overall design of the General class just looks awesome. Seeing one of these marching towards you is like a truck coming at you with no intent to stop. Plus, the spear is the only feasible weapon with the way this class uses weapons.

Dark Druid

nergal_darkdruid_magic.gif

What can I say? I like the whole "Dark Magic" thing.

Manakete

myrrh_manakete_dragonstone.gif

Part human, part dragon, all awesome.

10. Sorcerer

#nostankingfordays

9. Wolfssegner

Probably misspelled it, but it's my favorite beast unit in the franchise outside of Dragons.

8. Great Lord (Awakening)

Broken characters with swords and lances.

7. Tactician/Grandmaster

Needs no explanation.

6. Berserker

#Charlottebestwaifu #IcansharewithXander

#CritCity

5. Cavalier

In terms of 1st tier classes, cavs are always nice to have. Whisky for my men, beer for my horses.

4. Mercenary

Gregor, Severa, Inigo... the later games gave us fantastic units in this class. And unlike Hero, the 1st tier looks clean in both Awakening -and- Fates.

3. General

ye old "bait". At least armored units looked good in Fates -and- were amazing.

2. Malig Knight

I like Camilla. Sue me.

1. Dancer/Songtress

Things that both shouldn't be on a battlefield. And yet totally should be. #Iloveyouazura

this game has made me a weeb. Send help.

Welp... I mostly judge classes by how cool their animations look, always have, always will. And I base those on a character to character basis. Sure a character/class may be strong, but if their animations and designs look janky I'm not gonna use you. Some standout animations are Ephraim:

Sprite of Ephraim

Lyn (with the Sol Kati specifically)

Sprite of LynSprite of Lyn

Myrrh from Sacred Stones

Sprite of Myrrh

And Pegasus Knights always look cool... 

Sprite of ThanySprite of FioraSprite of FlorinaSprite of TanaSprite of Vanessa

Oh and a final shout-out to Zephiel and Guinevere for being awesome. 

Sprite of ZephielSprite of Guinevere

Myrmidon -> Swordmaster -> Blade Lord aka Lyn

Lyn is my favorite Character over all (as I've stated often enough in FE themed threads) - since she was my very first unit and I always like speedy character types - and with that comes the Myrmidon

after that propably Tactician/Grandmaster - Swords and Magic, what more to ask for?^^

and just because it's goofy, and gimicky and totally kinda bad... Ballistician! :D

For me, it comes down to three classes.

Sword Master: Really, saying you don't like dual wielding is like saying you don't like ice cream or kitten, if you don't like it, you're probably allergic. And by allergic, I mean allergic to getting hit with a one hundred plus critical. Sword Masters have always been a staple in my arsenal, mainly thanks to Joshua, and I've always been keen on their critical animations.

Taguel: I wish I had a recording of my reaction of seeing Panne transform for the first time, but sadly I do not. All I can say, is I probably sounded like the Joker. I'm actually a big fan of shapeshifters in general, but the Manaketes have never been quite by forte since they always end up coming off as a little... Creepy? The shape shiftiers in fates were ok, but my heart will always belong to the bunny people.

Conqueror: This is less about the class and more about the person who wields in, but conqueror has always been the ultimate unstoppable force for me. Plus it's Wallart. That's like worth fifty points.

Dark Knights, cool in other games but their art in Fates was siiiiick (will upload something soon, gotta go home first)

My other favorite is Manaketes, Favorite is again the Fates manakete Corrin, mostly because they finally ditched the "really 7000 years old" cliche

There are a few that I like, but my all time favourite class is probably the Nomad>Nomadic Trooper from the Elibe games. The way they dress is cool, their animations are smooth as butter, and it's an archer on a horse that can use a sword. That's like 3 times as good as a foot locked, bow locked, Sniper. And to top it off, the sword crit animation shows off the bond that the Nomadic Trooper has with his/her steed, unlike the Ranger from Sacred Stones or Arch/Bow Knight from games before and after.

Image result for fire emblem rath critical hit