People of Wal-mart

This happened a while ago, but I was working a register at Wal-Mart at about 9 in the morning. Moving through customers like I normally do when one customer said that someone behind her in line seemed to be falling over.

The next woman in line had an issue with a bottle of mouthwash (had a bottle from a two-pack, and we can't sell it like that). She asked if someone could go get a pack which normally I'd ask my supervisor to do since I can't leave, but then the old guy the other woman started yelling The current customer just paid and left without the mouthwash.

So now this guy who was yelling came up with just an ice tea bottle. He spilled part of it on my register belt after I rang it up, then threw his phone at me. I could smell alcohol and a lot of it. Guy was clearly drunk, but gave me a twenty and left before I could give him his change.

All my customers still in line after him looked just as confused as I did.

So yeah. Wal-Mart does attract weirdos.

2 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

was this after midnight? i have a friend who work security at that time and his stories are to die for. this kind of thing is very common around that time apparently.

No, it was at about 9-10 in the morning.

I also had to check out a couple of recovering crack or meth heads. They were clean at the time, but you could tell from their teeth, faces, and outfits (there was a woman in her 50's in a halter top with a zebra jacket and enough makeup to make a stripper jealous).

On 3/21/2017 at 11:03 PM, Felix the Cat said:

No, it was at about 9-10 in the morning.

I also had to check out a couple of recovering crack or meth heads. They were clean at the time, but you could tell from their teeth, faces, and outfits (there was a woman in her 50's in a halter top with a zebra jacket and enough makeup to make a stripper jealous).

everywhere, every store has it's weirdos. i work at wendy's and this one older lady (70's at least) always makes her order so difficult that it is ridiculous. but i have memorized her order so it is right and she does not come back 6 different times saying something is wrong. but today i was was taking orders solo when she came in, but today was different, she just looked at me several times, came in line several time, and never ordered anything.in fact, after about 30 min she just left. i was flabbergasted(which is hard to do to me. i am a professional bard)