Unexpected

BlackEclipse

Wow it's been a while since I last been on these forums. The new look is great!

Anywho, I want to make this post after I decided to make a new reborn run with pokemon I never dreamed to use. Such as Swoobat! I''d have always looked over swoobat and their pre evolution in my many game plays and only now decided 'Why not?' after I did a little research.

My little Yahoo (great name huh?) is doing great in battles! I was pleasantly surprised with the speed stat and it's doing all right holding it's own, in fact I think because I have been using her so much she became my strongest pokemon! And now that I slapped attract on her, she's been swoonbatting all the guys and leaving them open for attack! hehe... eeeh, that pun was lame... But beside terrible puns, Yahoo has earned her place on my permanent team~.

So my fellow trainers in Reborn, got any pokemon you want to share with me that surprised you like Yahoo surprised me? 

Mawile was absolutely clutch against Shade early on in my steel mono run, and was my only early steel type that didn't get absolutely destroyed by fire and fighting pokemon. It helped me a lot early on since it could do good damage to pokemon that would otherwise sweep my team.

Pachirisu for me. It has decent sp def/speed and can wall most physical mons with charm. Its also imune to electric types with volt absorb and its very useful to catch weaker mons with nuzzle+super fang.

Also how broken is moody bibarel? :D  

This being my first Pokemon game of all time, I'm not sure what I expected out of any of the Pokemon honestly. Numel was probably the most unexpected one so far, with Floatzel and Swoobat being close contenders, with them just being actually really good against what I was fighting when I found them, Floatzel especially, I expected to just toss that one in the PC and never touch it. It didn't turn out that way.

Arbok and Seaking helped me quite a lot on early-mid game (Arbok) and Seaking came with me on every gym battle (from Julia to Adrienn) due lightingrod. It saved me multiple times (most notably Noel and Dr. Sigmund)

Pidgeot , dewgong and linoone suprisingly enough were very helpful.

Infact dewgong is still on my team and the only current member that hasn't rotated off the team ever ( from right after the second gym till adrienn)

Two more used ones  I think..don't kill me if im wrong :  durant and clefable were the only reason i even got past some leaders in the later game. 

Oh this one I gotta comment on I was very surprised by a couple pokemon such as whiscash floatzel victreebell jynx and skuntank all of which I have never used before plus there is one above all others for me and that is my Sawk Zane who I caught because he was shiny I immediately loved the shiny and decided to try him out and little did I know he was my key to beating solaris the first time he had sturdy and counter which destroyed solaris' Garchomp now he has mold breaker (which I didn't know he had access to) and he just knocks everything out with close combat and is a permanent fixure for this save party.

Edited by ChaosReaperPein
Typo

Koffing saved my team from Solaris's Garchomp with destiny bond. I decided to keep him despite having abysmal IVs just to counter anyone else who wants to "make a point" by foolishly using one over-leveled pokemon, and what do you know, El decided to do it too. But it actually became more than just the equivalent of a FEARattata, it kinda helped me with screwing over Addrien's field with poison gas so my poison team does quick work.

Other pokemons includes the Bibarel that rollout Julia's team. (So this is what Whitney felt when she murdered my Silver team).

The MVP Graveller that blew up Corey's entire field.

And the honorable mention of Metagross for being a great guy (And using gravity to ensure my poison team's field doesn't get screwed, last I heard, seed flare belongs to Shaymin.)

• 2 months later...