Google Chrome is doing weird stuff

• Global Mods

Typing this from mobile. It started a few minutes ago. Whenever I clicked on one of the eight sites Chrome shows for most visited instead of taking me there it would remove the site, and I'd have to keep clicking undo. I closed out of Chrome intending to see if closing it and opening it again would work, but this time I got a popup saying the Google Chrome shortcut/icon was no longer on my desktop. I found it in the recycle bin and restored it. Then I tried opening it but once again it moved itself to the recycle bin. Rinse and repeat.

What is this and how do I fix it?

Edit: 

nvm it seems to be working now after not doing anything for a few minutes and trying again 

but if anyone has a scientific explanation for exactly what was happening there, I'd be interested in knowing because O . O

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Captain Breakfast said:

Were you leaning on the keyboard? 'cause you might've been pressing the delete key by mistake or something if that was the case? Only explanation I can think of.

I couldn't have been. My laptop is on a desk and due to the keyboard's position on my laptop combined with my height in comparison to the desk, I can't lean on the keyboard.