Weird Old Dude At Wendy's

So, Spring Break is pretty much over and I'm back at school. I've been sitting in my room for the weekend and ain't much to do. My friend messages me asking me to help her on her photographic narrative homework, and I oblige her. We go out and do our thing and everything goes smoothly. We get back on campus and we're pretty hungry by then and since the cafe is closed for all of spring break we have to go someplace else to get food. We decide to go over to Wendy's and get something to eat. We order our food and eventually start eating. All the while we're conversing and having a good time and minding our own business. Fast forward to when we finish eating, we're just sitting and talking and laughing now about whatever happens to come up. While we're sitting there, some old white dude who had arrived earlier while we were eating comes over now and starts talking specifically to me. Now, being in Santa Fe, I wasn't really taken too aback because people here do that sometimes either from being really friendly or just really weird. We all stop our conversation and listen to him. You could barely understand what he was saying but I made out enough of it. The event pretty much went like

*Old man walks over to our table and starts talking to me*

"Excuse me, Mr. Giggles. (At this point, I figured he mistook me for someone else) You know my black neighbor assaulted me over by Lifelink (Now I thought this was probably some race related shit) *incomprehensible*...you think he's going to get off without paying me $7,000 in damages? (sarcastic laugh) *old man walks toward the door* Spread that around." *old man leaves* 

My friends and I and the people sitting at the table near us were all looking around like "What the fuck?". I couldn't help but just sit there and think

white%20nonsense_zps9iqxs3om.gif

I didn't really understand what the fuck had just happened and my friends were just as confused as they could barely understand what he said. When I sat there and told them what I was able to make out we were like that was just weird and the people next to us were like "He was crazy. Some people, huh?" I guess so. We didn't think it was anything other than just him being weird at first but when he comes up to the only black person in the restaurant, seemingly calls me a mocking name, and starts talking about how his black neighbor attacked him and he's apparently suing him for it like it's a claim to fame, we couldn't help but think he was just some racist old white dude. I don't think he was lying about being attacked because he had unmistakable scars on his lip, but if he really did get attacked by a black man, considering some very apparent racial bias, all I can think is: You probably got what was coming to you.
Beyonce_sipping_tea-310x128.gif

I've had my share of weird/uncomfortable conversations with strangers (oddly enough, it's almost always some old white guy) like this guy down the street from me occasionally initiates a conversation with me which always ends with him calling me a dumbass or this other guy who stops me to tell me about his family issues.

Well... that's certainly an odd experience. 

Probably just someone who is on drugs or mentally disturbed. Or maybe just a useless old racist person...

Either way hopefully he'll never enter your life again.