Rate the post before yours

lifesapity

Simple game, Rate the post above you and post something you like for the next person to Rate.
(Please put pictures/videos in a spoiler tab to cut down on the load time)

To start off I will rate Pokemon Reborn

9.5/10
I love this game, and the difficulty that comes with it, the few things I dislike include TERRA and the way she breaks me out of the immersion and the excess of money I accumulate (Mainly due to the repeatable trainer battles needed to train my spare Pokemon)

For the next person Rate this:

Spoiler

While Disturbed may be known for a different kind of music, this song gives me chills

Edited by lifesapity

10/10 - I love this song, but I think I knew it from a cover, because it was a girl singing, not this guy :P

I like the video portion of the MV too. It's spooky but not scary, and goes well with the lyrics.

I can't think of anything to have rated, so I'll go on with the music theme haha

Spoiler

Do you find this relaxing? Of course you don't have to listen to the whole thing, but you get the idea.

I listen to it while studying sometimes :3

9/10  I skipped through some of it and heard a few tunes I remember along with a few that I don't know.  Overall, Gamefreak can make some very relaxing music, if a bit repetitive over time.

I didn't really decide on which music piece to force ask the next person to judge, since I have a few. 

Spoiler

The track repeats after 1:30

Edited by seki108

(Well, I was hoping for someone else to comment again, but I'll do it to keep the thread going a little.)

9/10 again  While I'm not the biggest Hellsing fan, it definitely fits the mood and is good quality fanart.  

(I really only have song adaptations from SRW to go with for now, starting with the a few from the newest game.  Maybe I'll have something different tomorrow)

Spoiler

Original version, if you're interested:

Spoiler

Song starts at 1:15

@lifesapity  Well, I was hoping this would take off, but that didn't work out.  It seemed like a more all inclusive version of the 'Rate the avatar above you' thread with much more possibilities.  Such is the way of forum threads I suppose.

Edited by seki108

9.5/10  Probably (one of) the best Trainer Red remix I've heard so far

How about Pokemon fan stuff (somewhat chosen at random)

Spoiler

Honestly, the first music I posted was (one of) the best lyrical to instrumental that Banpresto has done in the 25 years it's been making Super Robot Wars.  Probably because they put a heavier emphasis on real instruments instead of synth in SRW V (although they've done very good work with synth in the past--one of my favorite synth versions is the second below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-qicbYXbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTnYe83T-k

(Trying again to get this thread noticed.  @HongaarseBeer97 Would this thread interest you at all?  Trying to get another person or two to join in.)

8.5/10  I really like the aura effect, since Lucario is an aura user, but the colors are a little too dulled for my taste.

From me, another Poke-picture with a side of meme:

@seki108 I'll happily participate :) 

I think I get the joke (I'm not sure, though). Does it have to do with that one girl that had something to do with 'get in the bag'? Nebbie or something similar? 

Even though I probably don't get it, I think it's cute: 7.5/10

Thoughts on this song (and his voice?)

I saw him live and the amount of energy he puts into making music is really impressive!

(Yep, that's the meme/joke)

9/10  Definitely a great singer with a great voice.  Might have to listen to a few more of his songs later.

I didn't really think about what to post next, so defaulting to Super Robot Wars OST (this time one of original tracks).

Spoiler

I like it a lot, it would be perfect for Pokémon battles because of the pace of it: 8.5/10

Also, his latest album, Caustic love, has some very good songs on there, just in case you want to check it out

Thoughts on HIMYM? (if you've ever watched it, that is)

b26d942ba6b87909aaad539239be3322.jpg

Edited by HongaarseBeer97

I just can't give this anything else than 10/10! I mean, look at all the effort this man has had to put into building this musical machine, fine tuning everything to the max. It's just so impressive, really well done!

By the way, he reminds me of that actor that plays Mark Zuckerberg in the movie about Facebook (and he plays in Batman V Superman I believe).

What do you think of this cutie pie?

bc4fNiBTRXN0CJ5R8VbX0tB2AYBtQFsI4TDGHkKnw6s?size=800x600&size_mode=3

e-XOQB08LC2uC4Y-oatCbzkbDXV-rduvVuBB6yFaJ24?size=800x600&size_mode=3 

I have more if you want!

0/10, no real content

One day in Sunday School, the teacher was quizzing the students on the Bible. In the back row, one little boy was poking the girl in front of him with a pencil. 

Teacher: Who created the universe?

*boy pokes girl with pencil*

Girl: My God!

Teacher: Very good! Now who was the son of God?

*poke*

Girl: Jesus Christ!

Teacher: Excellent! Now what did Eve say to Adam after they had their 16th child?

*poke*

Girl: If you poke me with that thing one more time I'll rip it in half!

Arcanine is my fav Pokemon and he looks majestic 10/10
The rest are pretty great as well 9/10

Spoiler

Your rating of the RWBY series, or if you haven't watched it just this video

@HongaarseBeer97

Spoiler

It still just says this, and when I open it up it says I'm not logged in to dropbox and cant view it? (I'm guessing the pic is set to private shrug)
bc4fNiBTRXN0CJ5R8VbX0tB2AYBtQFsI4TDGHkKnw6s?size=800x600&size_mode=3

Edited by lifesapity

(Well, @lifesapity ninja'd me.  @HongaarseBeer97 The bottom one is still not showing up for me.)

Ok, RWBY definitely gets a 9/10.  What started off as an attempt to create Monty's vision has become much more than what I originally thought it would be.  This last season raised my expectations quite a bit more, with the extra worldbuilding 

Thoughts on this animation:

Spoiler

Edited by seki108

Fucking hell @seki108, you actually made me cry. 10/10. This was beautiful!

Forget about my previous pictures (that failed to show), they were close-up pictures I made of giraffes when I went to a zoo, quite cute.

Now, this thing could be received as controversial but I really wanted to share it:

It's mostly about the lyrics, you don't necessarily have to like the music itself. Explanation to the lyrics: https://genius.com/Macklemore-and-ryan-lewis-white-privilege-ii-lyrics

I think it's an accurate depiction of how the world is divided when it comes to racism, but you can disagree with me of course. (So please judge the lyrics, not the beat/song blah blah)

8.5/10. The music was pretty awesome, and the video itself got significantly better once it stopped being made entirely of close ups of people's faces. -1.5 for the fact that it paired the better 1 minute 10 seconds of music (imo) with just faces.

Spoiler

Sabaton is a power metal band with the majority of their music being based off of historical events or figures. Thoughts on this song written about Audie Murphy, the most decorated US soldier of WW2, as well as his struggle with PTSD.

9/10
I'm a big power metal fan, though I haven't heard a whole lot of Sabaton I'll take a look through their music when I get the chance.

Another AMV, the two characters portrayed are not even from the same show

Spoiler

Edited by lifesapity

(@HongaarseBeer97  I'm glad I'm not the only one who got hit hard by that the first time I watched it)

9.5/10  While not the biggest fan of the song, I have to give them high praise for the editing work.  Until I re-read your comment, I didn't even know they were from different anime.

I'm not sure if I'm going to ask you to rate the song ('Gong' by Jam Project), the AMV, or both....so just do whatever

Spoiler

The main song (after the buildup) starts at 1:10 if you want to skip ahead.

This song is cool, I like it: 8/10

The build up was interesting and I liked that part a lot. The beginning (starting from 1:10) was not really my thing but the rest was nice to listen to. If you don't mind my ask, what is this from? Some anime I imagine.

For the next one: http://lovingvincent.com/

What do you think of this? They made an entire movie about the life of Vincent van Gogh. That's not special on its own of course, but first, they acted out the movie after which they painted all the scenes!! Just think about the amount of work that is put into this movie! Anyway, this link links to the website, on which you'll find information about it and some 'the making of' videos