Reborn's Top 5 Least Favorite Pokemon

Filthy Casual

Before we begin, this topic is directly influenced by The Caveman's poll found here. He inspired this idea.

The rules are mainly the same as that article. I will be running a survey of the community's five least favorite Pokemon. I will be updating this list regularly. The one thing I ask is that we are civil about our picks, as what we may see as favorites may end up on someone else's list. With that being said, here are my five least favorites:

Spoiler

5) Chatot

Chatot's a prick, plain and simple. Chatter is an annoying move to deal with, as it causes confusion. In addition, the Chatot in Explorers of Sky is a giant moron who doesn't deserve his position.

4) Darkrai

This one will offend some of you, but frankly, I don't care! I hate this thing's edgelord design, and I hate it's signature move: Dark Void. It's great if you use it, but if you're up against one, prepare to be annoyed.

3) Jynx

Even most genwunners will admit that Jynx's design is borderline insulting. This one is a Pokemon for me that could be written off and almost no one would care.

2) Bronzong

If you ever fought one in generation four before, you know where I am going with this. He is infuriating to fight, as he takes forever to take out, and has an incredible ability in Levitate. He is great, but you had better hope he is on your side of the field.

1) Cradily

THIS ASSHOLE. Where do I begin with this thing? It's entire purpose is to troll with its obnoxious moveset, learning moves such as Confuse Ray, Giga Drain, Ingrain, Recover, Ancientpower to boost its stats (and you KNOW the computer will pull something like that off), and even different poison moves to inflict poison damage. In every main game I play, he serves as my own final challenge. I never had a problem with Steven's Metagross, but Cradily (at least if you use Swampert like me) tends to act like the true final boss. It also doesn't help that the SECOND gym leader in Reborn has a Cradily of her own.

Edited by Filthy Casual
Edited to reflect different tastes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, this was harder than actually picking out my favorites.

Edited to include Dishonorable mentions: Unknown, Patrat line, Buzzwole, Incineroar, and Girafarig.

Spoiler

5) Snivy---While not a bad Pokemon, anything with enough smugness that even their line's naming convention mentions it rubs me the wrong way.

4) Alolan Persian--While I get that they were going for a realistic Persian cat, it was extremely disappointing to those wanting a cooler dark type.

3) Wormadam- They are just too gimicky to like for me, especially since they are worse Fortress.  I'm just going to put Wormadam thoug, since I put a whole line later and I like Mothim somewhat

2)  Plusle/Minin-  I'm counting these together, considering that's their whole gimmick.  I might have included the Gen III glowbugs if Shelly had not proved they can at least effectively cause damage if you aren't prepared (Prankster Rain Dance).  Worst Pikachu clones

1)  Simisear/ Elemental monkeys group--While I would like to put all the elemental monkeys here, this one just goes down as my least favorite.  The entire line are just gimmicky worse versions of the starters, but this evolution just looks derpy, and not even the good kind of derpy.  If I can actually put the whole line here, just count them all here.

Edited by seki108

Spoiler

1. Mr. Mime

2. Clefairy

3. Gothitelle

4. Conkeldurr

5. Blaziken

Dishonorable mentions for Machamp and Jynx.

Most of them give me the creeps, especially Mr. Mime. But Blaziken's on the list more for how much it disappointed me when R/S came out. Maybe I'd like it more if it evolved from anything else. I love Torchic and think it's the cutest starter ever, and I was just... well, disappointed when I saw what it evolves into.

And Clefairy's just one of those designs that are a miss for me on all layers. At least it has a slightly cute pre-evo?

5.) Purugly---It hurts me that a Pokemon as cute as Glameow can only evolve if it's been bludgeoned to death with an ugly stick.

4.) Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie---The only thing worse than a legendary Pokemon with a sucky signature move is a legendary Pokemon with NO signature move and these three suffer equally in that regard. Not only that, but they're pretty weak too.

3.) Stunfisk---I just don't like looking at this thing. It looks like it came out of a Disney coloring book.

2.) Delibird---This thing...THIS THING!!! It learns one move and it has a very good chance of backfiring on you. Not only that, but it's heavily dependent on TM's. The fact that it can learn other moves through TM's is the only reason it's better than Unown.

1.) Unown---Two words...Hidden Power. That's it. That's all it does.

Edited by Animefan666

Alright so this was a nightmarish experience, comparing absolutely awful pokemon against each other to see which induces more rage in me. This is largely based off of competitive pokemon, and they're the 5 pokemon I hate seeing on an opponent's team more than any others.

5. Darmanitan. This thing looks stupid. Not only does it look stupid but it also has like no switch ins in the entire game. None. I've counted them.

4. Landorus-T. Please, everyone just stop using this pokemon. It's way too centralizing in OU (or at least it was in gen 6, which was the last time I really went there), and it looks like it's wearing a marshmallow hat. That's dumb. So's how good it is. You can just slap it on any team with 0 creativity.

3. Rotom. I hate Rotom for much the same reasons as I hate Landorus. It's everywhere in OU and between the two I just stopped playing OU. Unfortunately unlike Landorus, Rotom was in literally every tier last gen so you couldn't even get away from it.

2. Alomomola. First reason? It's name is too complicated. Second reason? It's a big fat fish who's just like "hey guess what guys? Toxic lol. Wish lol. Regenerator lol." Get the hell out of here with your Alomomolas.

1. Amoongus. The only thing I hate more than Alomomola is Amoongus 'cause it too has a stupid name and stalls you until you die of boredom but it's also a freakin' mushroom pokeball thing. This thing's pre-evo even finds a damn way to annoy you in the overworld.

just noticed that most of the pokemons i like less are from gen 5 xd

Spoiler

5- chespin and quilladin:  i don't know why i just don't like them, i'm fine with the last stage tho xd

4- patrat and watchog 

3- Panpour and the other two monkeys i don't like any of them but put the water one cuz is the only name i remember of them xd  

2- sawk and troh

1- conkeldur and the other stages, can't remember their names

Spoiler

5 - Elemental monkeys
4- Slurpuff
3 - Barbaracle
2 - Conkeldurr
1 - Vaniluxe

I dislike/hate the design of all these Pokemon
and I hate the vaniluxe line especially because of how many are on the reborn wondertrade (due to the vending machine)

Edited by lifesapity

oh.

oh man.

lets go.

first off, dishonorable mentions. garbodor, comfey, celesteela, samurott and happiny. from most tolerable to least tolerable. but those are only places ten until six. the true horror starts now.

5. Pidove

GxqPhaX.gif

God dammit. It's already starting. This thing's dumb face makes me so angry, I swear to god, Pidove you truly are the worst regional bird ever, why do you even exist. You can't do ANYTHING right, not even getting a good movepool.

4. Eevee

nEtHr8G.gif

So I'm likely going to get a lot of shit over me for this, but it appears that I do not give a fuck. Why Eevee? Because god dammit, am I sick of seeing this thing around. Seriously. The Pokémon community praises this thing and its evolutions more into heaven than they do to fucking Pikachu. I can't even click fanfiction or something of the sort WITHOUT seeing Eevee around like half of the time. Jesus Christ, I used to actually like this, but I've gotten so fed up with this thing.

3. Combee

pRlvXCl.gif

NO. GO AWAY. GO FAR AWAY. AND DON'T COME BACK. PLEASE.

2. Octillery

Dcz0kOm.gif

And now we're getting to the good stuff. You see, there are only two Pokémon I legitimately hate with every fiber of my being, and Octillery is one of those. It has something to do with nuzlockes that I could explain right now but I'm in a lazy mood so no storytime. Just know that this thing fills me with anger. A lot of it.

1. Alomomola

z09vlLI.gif

oh. dear. arceus.

breathes in

reasons alomomola should not be liked by anyone

1. its a dumb piece of shit
2. look at its fucking face
3. why doesnt it evolve out of luvdisc
4. why is it so bulky
5. soak toxic I swear to god
6. its too stupid to ever feel pain, thus it never dies
7. regenerator
8. its a dumb piece of shit
9. its design is based off the mola mola fish
10. http://pastebin.com/yr81nbPV this is the mola mola fish
11. alomomola is even dumber than the mola mola fish
12. it still doesnt evolve from luvdisc
13. it still doesnt die
14. it pollutes the unovan waters
15. its responsible for global warming
16. its a dumb piece of shit
17. it invented racism because nobody had any reason to hate anything other than alomomola
18. everyone still hates alomomola
19. just look at the favorite pokemon thread
20. more people have put alomomola in here than in there
21. luvdisc is still waiting
22. day 3 and im still trying to kill this fucking fish
23. how is it still alive
24. please just die
25. recent studies show every time a new alomomola is born, a person develops anxiety
26. anxiety fucking sucks
27. alomomola also fucking sucks

28. that fucking name
29. NOBODY LIKES YOU, ALOMOMOLA
30. PLEASE GO AWAY

Spoiler

So it begins

Panpour - I DON'T KNOW WHY, I JUST HATE IT. LOOK AT ITS FACE. And that thing on its head? Ugh. Idk.

Lickilicky - why does this even exist?

Swirlix - I just hate it. Maybe it is the fact that i always get this in wondertrades in Reborn. 

Hypno - um. It. looks. like. a. paedophile. 

Stunfisk - it looks like i run over a gastrodon, going back to check if its alive, and just run over it again. And i don't even have a car. 

We have list updates! Future updates will be found in this comment, but for now, here are the rankings:

Spoiler

1) The Elemental Monkeys

2) Stunfisk

3) Unown

4) Conkeldurr, Jynx

5) Wormadam, Alomamola, Patrat, Combee, Pidove

Dishonorable Mentions: Cradily, Bronzong,Warlord, Beheeyem, Remoraid, Snivy, Alolan Persian, Plusle/Minun, Mr. Mime, Clefairy, Gothitelle, Blaziken, Purugly, Lake Trio, Delibird, Darmanitan, Landorus T, Rotom, Amoongus, Chespin, Quilladin, Throh & Sawk, Barbaracle, Slurpuff, Vanilluxe, Eevee, Octillery, Lickilicky, Swirlix, Hypno, Poliwrath, Aromatise, Guzzlord, Shiinotic, Drowzee, Swalot

Edited by FactoryofSadness
UPDATE!

WELL:

5. Jynx

It can go stab itself with a rusty pole for all I care. Extremely annoying and disturbing.

4. Shiinotic

It's a blatant ripoff of Toad, one of my least favourite characters, and like Toad, it's extremely annoying and offers little to no help.

3. Guzzlord

Simply put, it's utterly hedious, moronic, just consistently crappy.

2. Aromatisse

why. does. it. resemble. a. hooker.

just. why.

1. Unown

Now it's personal. You see, it's extremely annoying to do those GODDAMN SIDEQUESTS where you have to catch 26 of those asshats and all you get is some mediocre reward (or no reward!). Its design is also incredibly lazy and nonsensical, and do I even need to mention how much it sucks in battle? It's a complete disgrace.

Spoiler

Stunfisk - I wish you could be better :( 

Pidove - Worst normal/flying with the worst movepool 

male combee - You  tricked me, you bastard!

Poliwrath - Very slow, no priority moves, forces you to have rain dance+swift swim and then cant do any real damage. You could use belly drum but then it doesnt have any good moves to go     with it. Wheres the drain punch?

Unown - Only one move and a not so good one. It doens't even have a good ability! Why dont you have analytic to take advantage of your shitty speed?

Spoiler

5. Drowzee: Just looks creepy, and Idk who would put him on a team.

4. Unown: I used to think they were cool when I was 5, but then I realized they're useless.

3. Swalot: It's ugly af, sorry Swalot. Like just seeing it, I can imagine it smelling like it looks.

2. Skuntank: How do you even kill this thing. It's ugly and annoying.

1. Patrat: Pretty much every Gen 5 Plasma grunt had one, and it's just not cool. It's evolution looks like a rat that was stretched by force.

Dishonorable mentions: muk, liepard, purugly, pangoro, torcoal, criketot, sigilyph

Edited by Candy

• 5 weeks later...

5: barboach. Boring. Boring.Boring. BORING. You can suck, you can be weak, you can be ugly, but being BORING is a greater crime than all of these. It's visually boring and boring to use and a type that's already used by much cooler pokemon, one within the same gen even. Ugh.

4: mothim - Much like barboach, it's incredibly boring. Another flying/bug type, one that's COMPLETELY unremarkable and not even visually appealing, The fact it's even less interesting than its prevo by getting rid of whatever gimmick made it stand out(somewhat) is the icing on the cake.

3: Golbat - not only is it THE most annoying pokemon to encounter in the wild, it is also incredibly stupid looking and has one of the ugliest sprites in the franchise. It's insane how GF actually made a bat-based pokemon this unlikable and lame. What's with its goofy legs? GAH it's so bad.

2: Meganetric - look, I don't care how strong this thing is, it's visually HORRIBLE. It looks clumsy and deformed, as if it has a glitch with its model rendering or something. For  something that's supposed to look fast it's too imbalanced and awkward, and furthermore the design doesn't really seem like much of a logical progression in Manetric's evolution. It's like they had no clue how to build off it thematically so they just went, "make it look like lightning!" as if we couldn't tell it was an electric type. Easily among the worst designed pokemon yet. 

1: Diggersby - Gross. This...monstrosity is just gross. Easily the ugliest, least appealing pokemon ever conceived. I detest this pokemon more than any other. It's actually decent battle wise, but that's not enough to even slightly redeem it. Its beard of dirt. Its stupid buck teeth and smug expression. Its unsightly girth and sickening cry. I. Hate. Diggersby. Without a doubt, my most hated pokemon.

dishonorable mentions: goomy, Chestnaught, quilladin, combusken, A-persian.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

WELP! HERE WE GO.

5. Purugly 

purugly_xy_animated

Glameow was one of my favorite Pokemon to use in generation 4. And when I was looking forward to it to evolve and it did...holy...why? I didn't feed you that much did I? P.S. you may find out that design is one of the things that I will focus on for the most part.

4. Elemental Monkeys

panpour_xy_animatedpansear_xy_animatedpansage_xy_animated

Design. As well as everything everyone else who hates them said.

3. Aromatisse

aromatisse_xy_animated

Sigh...why? What is up with its design? Why does it resemble a hooker? Why does it look like a bird, but it isn't a flying type? I have more questions than answers.

2. Burmy & Wormadam

burmy_xy_animatedwormadam_xy_animated

These two. Probably one of the worst designs for a Pokemon in my opinion. Plus I had an annoying faceoff against it in once. Plus, the fact that I was expecting to get a Mothim, but forgot that the evolutions were gender specific. Mothim, however, is one of my favorite bug types and stays off this list btw.

1. Unown

unown_xy_animated

For obvious reasons and some internally hateful reasons as well. Obvious reason: it has only hidden power. Internal reason: has your pokemon ever been fainted by an Unown in a Heart Gold/Soul Silver nuzlocke because you couldn't run away despite being multiple levels above it? If I recorded it, you would have seen one of the biggest rages I have ever done. And this is coming from someone who faced Charlotte 15 times before (Episode 14 version before nerfs) and Angie on Intense Mode even more times on Pokemon Rejuvenation.

Edited by ProjectIceman
Insert designs because it looks cooler that way :]

• 4 months later...

1)Ampharos (and its evolution family): I don't like slow Pokemon in general, and the thought of a slow Electric-type Pokemon always disgusted me. Plus it's bulk and has Static, so it's frustrating to deal with.

2)Gyarados (especially before IV gen): Water-type Pokemon are intended to be Hm slaves, so they should at least be able to make some of use of them; then this thing shows up with it's garbage Special Attack, and it doesn't learn Flying-type moves, and gets Dark instead of Dragon upon Mega Evolution.

3)Simisear: a fat monkey with an irritating face.

4)Dartix: it looks effeminate to me.

5)Serperior: you choose Snivy as your starter because it will look cool when it evolves, but you get a Contrary-less presumptuous snake.

Dishonorable mentions: Feraligatr (same as Gyarados), Bibarel and Palpitoad (dumb faces), Steelix (Pokemon Ranger...), Ludicolo (dumb AND gave me troubles in Pokemon Ranger), Bouffalant (it's Tauros X Afro Rufy), Kyurem (it's asymmetric!)

Special dishonorable mention: Ash's Pikachu: he defeated a Onix, a Dragonite, travelled through many regions only to lose to a Panpour because he slipped on the mud; he also lost to Trip's Snivy. I hate him (I also hate Ash)

5. Milotic: I actually really like Milotic...except I hate it. On the off chance I don't carry an Electric or Grass mon it's just such a pain...and there's so many of them, like Wallace's, Juan's, Cynthia's, Lucy's (ESPECIALLY Lucy's)

4. Cinccino: I'd really like this one if I didn't hate it so much...it's good, but in the most annoying way possible

3. Jynx: I won't say I'm personally offended by her, but she's questionable in every way and should not exist

2. Electivire: It's not better than Electabuzz. Just uglier

1. Unown: You've literally always been useless. You will never make me catch 28 of you, nothing is worth that 

4. Trubbish: Literally everywhere in Reborn

3. Cincinno: That King's Rock Skiill Link thing kills most of my team by flinch

2. Lileep/Cradily: Why this thing is so bulky? Just why? It got Storm Drain, immune to sandstorm (increase it's spDef even) and it has confuse ray.

1. Chatot: Why. Just why. Why thing thing has 100% confuse chance? Why this thing has 90 base speed? Why it confused my team till death? Just why.

0. Fern's Roserade: You see, this thing never die. It never did. It ate a Sheer Force Ice Beam from Nidoking, it lives. It ate a Sheer Force Charcoal Flamethrower, it still lives. The worst part is? It's Giga Drain absorbs ton of HP while it's not really effective.

@nagisa_Hideyoshi: Nidoking doesn't resist giga drain, it's neutral towards it. Combined with roserade's high special attack and nidoking's rather average special defense, it's pretty apparent why Roserade would give it trouble. Not to mention nidoking's special attack is only 85 while roserade has well above average special defense of 105. Even with sheer force Nioking isn't oneshotting it easily. 

Also guys aromatisse isn't a hooker, not sure how you even get that from her design. She's like a flashy line dancer, think something from a Vegas show(which funnily enough has a famous  hotel called the Flamingo, the animal her line draws from physically). 

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

My own opinion:

5.Froslass:

froslass.gif

I really dislike pokemon with evasion.I already know Serra hates me because of all the time I broke the mirror field to KO it.

4.Noibat:

noibat.gif

My biggest mistake in my life was catching a noibat from the railnet at lv 4.So you can definitely understand how fun it was finding that it evolves at level 48.Honestly what pokemon even evolves at level 48.All of my pokemons at the time was fully evolved and I was stuck with this.Even as a noivern it did average.

3.Unown:

unown-interrogation.gif

It's annoying.Even fakemons have better design than this.I once caught 1 because it was shiny.

2.Chatot:

chatot.gif

Why do you out speed me?Why do you confuse all of my pokemon?Why does Taka's huntail baton pass you after using a shell smash?

1.Pulse Swalot:

swalot.gif

Why won't you just faint and we can all go home.Even after 3 runs,I have yet to find a way to KO this pokemon.I always had to keep a pokemon with perish song to take it out in all runs.

Guys I don't understand Cradily is awesome

I wouldn't really know which 5 pokémon I hate the most generally speaking, but if we're going specifically with Reborn, then the ranking would probably be as folllows:

5. Noibat

I don't really hate it, but that thing is annoying. It's everywhere, it's weak, it's useless, it doesn't yield any XP, and if you happen to keep one on your team, it's just plain dead weight until waaay too late in the game. Noivern might be good, but Noibat only has its relative cuteness going for it.

4. Trubbish

This one is a notch above Noibat. It's also everywhere, it's also weak (though clearly not as useless), but its Aftermath makes it more of a pain if you're trying to train low-level mons. And most importantly... it's criminally ugly.

3. Geodude line

STOP. USING. SELF-DESTRUCT. especially if you're shiny and I'm trying to catch you

2. Chatot

No explanation needed, I think :P 

1. Spiritomb

Tbh it's not really the pokémon itself. It's simply because RNGesus hates me. Most of the time I spend entire runs never finding an Odd Keystone. If I have to spend hours farming the same glowing rock (I once spent 3 days on it) or require online help to get a pokémon that is supposed to be freely available for all players, then I honestly think there's a problem.