Do you have a dream home/location?

Flux

I'm somewhat curious if anyone else has a similar "dream location." I'm sure a lot of us probably do. For me, it's a log cabin on a cliffside, situated above the treeline and overlooking a vast forest, with a winding river visible in the distance. The cliffside has a rocky path that leads down to the base of the forest, taking you to ground level. It's my 100% ideal place to live, and I've thought about it enough to pretty much picture the whole area. I'm curious if anyone else has gone into such depth with a dream home or location. It's not particularly impossible, so a part of me likes to think that this place actually exists out there somewhere, or at least something similar. What are your dream homes or locations like?

i was about to write about my dream home location without reading your post.  then i read it, and figured i don't need to write anything cuz i have the same dream home locaiton as you.  only difference is that i can see the sea in the vast distance instead of a river

For me it's in the city area. I have too much of an obsession with lit cities during night time. Being able to have a walk home to my apartment and be overwhelmed by the colorful beauty.
For location, anywhere else but Scandinavia. Preferably Britain, New york or maybe even someplace in Asia

I would love to live in a place with moderate weather but windy and not cloudy. The terrain should be flat. I would love to have everything in walking distance. The only thing I want to have really close is a park/playground that is abandonned at night. 

Edited by FairFamily

My family's ancestral house is pretty much the ideal kind of home in my eyes. It's now over 300 years old, an architectural specimen  owned by a trust of the state government, and is partially in ruins. Someday, I'd like to buy it back and restore it to modern completion while still preserving that old charm.

To try and describe it: it's a large, rambling old house built almost like a fortress, of stone and mortar, sitting towards one end of its own large grounds, which once had  a a stream and several gardens and orchards. The house is two-storied and long, rectangular in shape with an inner courtyard containing a pond or tank, with  broad, shallow steps leading down to the water. The style of building architecture is known as a manduva logi, and is characterised by a lot of corridors, tiled awnings, open terraces and a wraparound inner and outer balcony on two floors with several windows and pillared halls. Large, simplistic, very well ventilated and as much outdoors as in.

In general, I like a home to be airy and open, simply but solidly furnished in the traditional style with heavy wood and stone, with a lot of sun and rain and large grounds with many plants and trees and preferably a water body somewhere nearby. I prefer keeping to my own peace, without too many other people around.

• Support Squad

a badass kitted out cave in the mountains. Outside there's a hut n training gear as tho im a sage training in the mountains but inside it's got every fkn luxury you could imagine for whenever i dont have guests n just wanna chill. I'd tell them the inside is a sanctuary dedicated to fighting my inner demons and is truly sacred.

My dream home is my inner sanctum of space, meaning I'd like to live in a alternate galaxy from from this one where the people are nicer than mankind and don't rely on cowardice and war. Also, my home is a place where all is naturally good, like ice cream, dragons, and floating kitties everywhere.

I live in Boston :P Just for studies.

My dream home would be somewhere with mild winters (haha).

Somewhere silent, but which is close to the city - I need to live somewhere with limited nature because I get anxiety when I see insects :/

One thing I would need to be is rich af.

My dream place to live is a castle. With a little park/forest around it.

But still close to a proper town or city (or even in the town).

The fun fact is, it is actually possible here in Belgium.

But those places cost waaaaaay to much for a guy like me.

Maybe if I win the lottery one day. A man can dream.