Letters For Hope

Cool Girl

So, my friend had the idea of doing letters for hope for her civics project. I love her idea and I just really wanted to spread the word as it meant a lot to me. 350 million worldwide suffer from depression. Wouldn't it be nice to just write a letter to someone who suffers from that? Letters For Hope is basically you write an anonymous letter and the organization will send it randomly to that person. I am so happy to be able to help my friend as this is something that is close to my heart. Just someone receiving a letter of kindness saying that they're beautiful or just words of kindness is the greatest gift ever. 

I just wanted to spread the word, that's all. If you guys are interested in doing this, then here are the rules.

1) You cannot include any personal information in your letter

2) No strong language

That's about it really. Just wanted to inspire people to do something! :) 

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :D If you guys got any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks guys,

Cool Girl

This is an amazing idea. Who wouldn't want to receive such a letter in a dark time like that ^_^ 

Good luck on the project!

Edit: Misspells and more appropriate words

Edited by Isa.phoria

10 minutes ago, Amine elhedhili said:

i like the idea, good luck cool girl :)

8 minutes ago, Isa.phoria said:

This is an amazing idea. Who wouldn't want to receive such a letter in a dark time like that ^_^ 

Good luck on the project!

Edit: Misspells and more appropriate words

Thank you for the words of support guys! :D By all means, if you want to do this, please do. It would mean a lot to me and to other people as well! :D 

• Support Squad

I'm not saying this with any particular disdain, hopefully this preface eases any anger, but this sounds like a vapid idea to me that is emblematic of the way that people give to charity to ease their moral pains.

Reaching out to people can really help out, talking to them and trying to help is definitely a good thing but that's when you are interacting with them one to one. Sending a letter is like an acknowledgement of their situation and a subtler nod to the fact that you can't or won't do more. It won't have productive change. Of course that doesn't matter, right? Sometimes knowing someone out there cares is enough, right? Well, not in the case of a letter. It's entirely one way, it's not tailored to the individual, it may as well be a poster with a motivational catch phrase. Maybe if it was a pen pal-esque system then I could see the merit. Otherwise it just seems like the bare minimum one person can do for another.

It's still a nice sentiment, just a shallow one.