Hardcore Punk Rock Rebooted: Going Alternative (A Pokemon Reborn Hardcore Monotype Run)

Lord Chespin

Well, gather round, males, females, and none of the above, as I subject myself to Monotype Hell. Today, with the full Episode 16 release of Pokemon Reborn Hardcore looming, I revisit my ill-fated attempts to complete the game using only Poison-type Pokemon. However, to make things more interesting, if there is an alternate version of the fight available in Hardcore, then I have to complete it. Will I make it, or will I get bored and start twenty new projects? Wait and see!

So, first things first, here's the team:

bulbasaur.gifGreenday (Male) - Lv. 14

gulpin.gifSublime (Male) - Lv 15

stunky.gif9-Inch Nails (Male) - Lv. 14

grimer.gifJuan Mutant (Male) - Lv. 14

ekans.gifCoil (Female) - Lv. 13

trubbish.gifSmash Mouth (Male) - Lv. 14

Here's the Pokemon in the PC:

Spoiler

budew.gifGuns N Roses (Female) - Lv. 5

Here's the major bosses we have to beat:

Spoiler

Spr 3r 000.png Julia (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Florina (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Corey (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Shelly (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Shade (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Kiki (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Aya (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Serra (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Noel (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Randomus (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Luna (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Sampson (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Charlotte (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png T3rr4 (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.pngSeel Ciel (Undefeated)

Spr 3r 000.png Adrienn (Undefeated)

And here's this run's theme song, I guess.

Wish me luck!

Edited by Lord Chespin

12 hours ago, luis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Are you going to catch them as they appear? If not I can trade you some shinies for that monorun :D 

Thanks, but I'm not sure if Pokemon Reborn Hardcore is compatible with vanilla Reborn. I appreciate the offer, though!

Also...

Update #1: Opening Act

Well, the intro battles for our protagonist, Hemlock, were pretty easy. Cain's Nidoran kept missing due to Hustle, allowing Greenday the Bulbasaur (our starter) to keep chiseling away at it with tackle until it fainted. Victoria, meanwhile, was a little more lucky, as she kept spamming tackle. This forced Hemlock to use a potion on Greenday, but he was able to take out the Tepig with his own swarm of tackles! Time to head onward to the Peridot Ward to get a full team!

The team so far:

Spoiler

bulbasaur.gifGreenday (Male) - Lv. 8

Update #2: Bad Blood

Well, I beat Fern on my first try, but by Arceus, he made me work for that win. On TEH URN, Hemlock led with Sublime the Gulpin, and Fern led with his Lombre. Sublime began spamming Sludge, tanking an Astonish and knocking off about half of the Lombre's health in one turn. Fern quickly used his first potion on it, but Sublime just knocked its HP back down to half with a second Sludge; he even poisoned the Lombre! Lombre finally went back on the offensive with a Bubble, but Sublime survived with over half of his health, and took it down with one final Sludge!

Up next came Fern's Servine, so Hemlock decided to have a snake-off and sent out Coil the Ekans. Coil paralyzed it with a Glare, and tanked a Vine Whip; both snakes then hit each other with a Wrap, getting all tangled up with each other like a game of Twister gone wrong. Coil began spamming Bite on the Servine, but she wasn't able to do much damage before the Servine took her out with a Vine Whip and a Wrap. 9-Inch Nails the Stunky came out next, and while Fern used up his second and last potion on the Servine, he lowered its defenses to nearly nothing with two Screeches. Servine began Wrapping him up, but he set up a Focus Energy, tanked a Vine Whip and a Tackle, and took out the Servine with two Scratches (one of which was a critical hit)!

All that remained was Fern's most problematic Pokemon: his ace, Roselia. Hemlock sent out Smash Mouth the Trubbish, and despite not being the sharpest tool in the shed he was able to hit the Roselia four times with an Acid Spray, tanking a Poison Sting and Three Mega drains before finally falling to a fourth Mega Drain. Hemlock sent out Juan Mutant the Grimer next, and he tanked a Mega Drain to lower the Roselia's accuracy with a Mud-Slap. Roselia then set up a Growth, but Juan Mutant was able to get a critical-hit Pound off on it, doing massive damage! Sadly, he wasn't able to fully KO it because it restored some health with a Mega Drain after landing a poison sting, but thanks to the earlier Mud-Slap, he was able to dodge a Mega Drain and KO it with a mighty Pound! With Fern down, it's time to challenge the Gym- or, y'know, get roped into fighting Team Meteor for the first time...

The team so far:

Spoiler

bulbasaur.gifGreenday (Male) - Lv. 14

gulpin.gifSublime (Male) - Lv 15

stunky.gif9-Inch Nails (Male) - Lv. 14

grimer.gifJuan Mutant (Male) - Lv. 14

ekans.gifCoil (Female) - Lv. 13

trubbish.gifSmash Mouth (Male) - Lv. 14