Rebornian Mentions: Bazaro (Presented by Cat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

Cat Chat Blogs Presents:

Rebornian Mentions: Bazaro

This week, all eyes turn onto Bazaro, who was nominated by Viri and won the lottery! Bazaro actually lives in the state I grew up in, Ohio! (but Northern Ohio). I’m so sorry, Baz. Baz is currently in college doing something. For the moment, he’s just getting his general classes out of the way before he establishes his major. He’s considering psychology or digital arts. In his spare time, Baz enjoys playing video games, chatting with the community, browsing the memes, and spriting. Extra curricular activities include swimming, and playing the Bassoon and Saxophone.

81cdb450f732469e9c64ac2d979b3467.png

Who is Baz?

So we all saw that, right? That’s right, Baz serves for the U.S. army under Ohio’s Army National Guard. While many of us give our thanks for his service, he does encourage people to get under the NG. “They have a program that pays for any school tuition of any public college in the state… For any state NG.” And the work isn’t half bad either; one simply serves one weekend a month, with an occasional two week stay during the summer. Since the NG is home defense, they rarely get called out to duty. They don’t get called out unless “riots or large natural disasters strike, like Hurricane Katrina.” For the benefits, the occasional workout doesn’t seem so shabby.

Army-Training-Didnt-Prepare-Them-For-Thi

"THIS IS NOTHING LIKE CALL OF DUTY"

Baz joined the community back in 2011 after the Battle Tower and Mysidia crashed back on Pokemon Online. “I didn’t really know anyone online except people from Mysidia and a few from TBT… I found Reborn-- where most of the people there I already knew. Baz has been around for quite a while and has seen many a thing. “It’s a great community,” Baz continues, “it’s amazing to see what a group of friends have created after such a long time.”

Life in Reborn

At the moment, Baz is single (So you know what that means). While Baz is looking for that one and only, he converses with his favorite people-- Ame, Tempest, and Viri. However, he couldn’t truly pick favorites because his favorite person is himself. All jokes aside, “I’ve worked along side a lot of people here so I’ve got to know them pretty well.” Such love for Reborn.

The Bageling

“As chaotic as it was, ‘The Bageling’ of Pokemon Zero Alliance was really funny actually.” Baz looks back to his favorite moment, “Well in PZA, there were meetings every few weeks to decide which six Alliances wanted to claim for types for the next set of challenges… One of the Alliances didn’t have an active representative, so Lord Bagel took up the spot. His alliance finally showed up (to help him), but he ignored them and stayed silent the whole time, ending with his nation getting disqualified for not choosing any types.”

bagel-1.gif

Bow before the Bageling!

Many tables were flipped that evening, and riots ensued. Despite Baz’s efforts (except we don’t know where Baz was in all of this), the battle of the Bageling was lost. Two or three other Alliances succumbed to the Bageling. As the weeks dragged on, the remaining two tried to fight off the Bageling, but alas, Pokemon Zero Alliance was K.I.A. Rest in peace.

Silver_and_Bronze_Service_Stars.PNG

Baz gets a service star tho. Yay?

Reborn the Game

Since Baz got Ace before Episode 16’s release, he got to play it beta! Woo! So yes, he’s played the game up to current, and loves the game. It’s “one of the best story-intensive pokemon games out there.” He really enjoys that all Pokemon and field effects are available because it makes the game hectic in a unique way. Baz thinks it started some trends. His favorite moment in the game is the storming of Devon, and also reading up on PULSE’s and their histories.

One of Baz’s biggest successes in Reborn comes with the game-- He made quite a few Mega shiny sprites and released them to the community. “I made (them) for fun, and got an overwhelming community response.” So Ame picked a handful of them and incorporated them into the game. “I was surprised Ame was interested in my sprites. It was really the first time I’d ever done large scale spriting like that on my own.” Baz had been spriting since he was about 7-8 years old, so he’s had some practice.

And with that practice comes his own fangame work shenanigans. “I’m currently a big part of two games that have yet to be announced.” Ooooh snap. You heard right Reborn, we’re getting an inside scoop! “One is Redemption (which was already announced), and the other one is (T.B.A.).”

-What-meme-12129.jpg

That's not an inside scoop :c

“The Redemption League is planning on making a game sometime after Season 2 ends. It’s a group effort.” Some of the others involved in the game are Dash, Azery, Jiniri, Jeri, Pyrrhon, and Sapphire, to name a few. Well, Baz and Redemption peoples, we wish you luck! We look forward to what you have to bring to Reborn!

The Big Picture

Baz is a pretty awesome person, and we’re quite happy to have someone like Baz in our community, community-ing it up. As Baz moves along in his journey in Reborn, his current aspiration is to just hang back, chill with Reborn, and see his games come through. If you see Baz around, be sure to say hi!

P.S. Baz wanted to share this:

A big thank you to Bazaro for doing the interview!

If you have someone in mind that you’d like to nominate, comment below or send a shout-out in chat!

All images do not belong to me. Picture of Bazaro provided by Bazaro. All other images provided by Google Images.

P.S.S.

So I’m gonna be pretty busy this week. Such busy that I won’t be able to do RM for next week D;

But fear not! Cat Chat Blogs is getting a new associate! But it’s a secret! All I can tell you is that he’s good for it and good with the people! Tune in next Monday to see who the new associate is! Also, CCB is looking to expand into other Rebornian life aspects, so be on the lookout for those! More info coming soon-ish!

I take back everything I said about Mondays, they're awesome. Thank you Kitty \o

I hadn't known Baz was a bazass in the NG, so thank you for your services. Hope Redemption S2 and the future games proceed without a hitch!

Please interview @Felix-, he's a very neat dude probably with many secrets worth sharing.

Kinda awkward how I worked with Baz on redemption for quite a while and still didn't know most off this stuff... I guess we didn't talk all that much. Oops...

Anyway, this week I'm gonna nominate Xiri because I can and he's an interesting guy.