Breeding for E16, Rate My Team

Charon

So, since I’m in E15, breeding in preparation for finally updating to E16, I figured I’d actually have my team rated for once!

Any advice would be appreciated, and I’ll note current and future movesets/IVs/EV spreads.

-----------------–

Gardevoir (F)(Mind Plate)
Lvl 75/Ability: Trace/Modest Nature
IVs: 31 HP/24 Atk/31 Def/31 SpAtk/31 SpDef/31 Spd
EVs: 58 HP/29 Atk/43 Def/252 SpAtk/18 SpDef/110 Spd (Need to get EV-reducing berries to fix this mess, planning for 252 Spd)
-Magical Leaf (Will replace when needed, but the Grass coverage has served me well so far)
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Psychic

Arcanine (M)(Blackglasses)
Lvl 73/Ability: Flash Fire/Bashful Nature (Gonna be switching to Intimidate/Adamant for a Sweeper)
IVs: 2 HP/28 Atk/15 Def/3 SpAtk/9 SpDef/20 Spd (Currently breeding for perfect)
EVs: 40 HP/79 Atk/189 Def/101 SpAtk/28 SpDef/73 Spd (Will be 252 Atk/Spd when I’m done breeding)
-Extreme Speed
-Flamethrower (To be replaced with Flare Blitz once breeding’s complete, would consider mixed if I could get Overheat)
-Crunch
-Close Combat

Clawitzer (F)(Fist Plate)
Lvl 70/Ability: Mega Launcher/Modest Nature
IVs: 31 HP/0 Atk/31 Def/31 SpAtk/31 SpDef/31 Spd
EVs: 252 HP/0 Atk/0 Def/252 SpAtk/0 SpDef/6 Spd
-Dark Pulse
-Sludge Wave (Will regularly switch out with Ice Beam once we have that TM)
-Surf
-Aura Sphere

Aggron (M)(Metal Coat)
Lvl 73/Ability: Sturdy/Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP/25 Atk/30 Def/6 SpAtk/30 SpDef/18 Spd (Currently breeding for perfect)
EVs: 55 HP/228 Atk/39 Def/33 SpAtk/0 SpDef/155 Spd (Will be 252 Atk/HP when I’m done breeding)
-Rock Polish
-Cut (Variable TM slot, I switch it out as needed)
-Iron Head (To be replaced by Heavy Slam after breeding)
-Rock Slide
(I’m considering a Rock Head/Head Smash/Double Edge set, but Sturdy has saved my ass on several occasions)

Ampharos (M)(Draco Plate)
Lvl 74/Ability: Static/Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP/28 Atk/1 Def/31 SpAtk/31 SpDef/31 Spd
EVs: 252 HP/0 Atk/0 Def/252 SpAtk/0 SpDef/6 Spd (Debating 252 Spd, but Ampharos is slow)
-Discharge (To be replaced by Thunderbolt when we get the TM)
-Dragon Pulse (Mostly-Neutral coverage/ might replace with something else if something better comes along)
-Power Gem (Coverage)
-Cotton Guard

Chesnaught (M)(Meadow Plate)
Lvl 74/Ability: Bulletproof/Hardy Nature (Will be Adamant after breeding)
IVs: HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spd (Currently breeding for perfect)
EVs: HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spd (Will be 252 Atk/HP when I’m done breeding)
-Hammer Arm
-Nature Power (Variable TM slot, but Nature Power has been surprisingly useful so far so it’s semi-permanent at the moment)
-Seed Bomb (Considering Wood Hammer, but dislike recoil when I have other options)
-Spiky Shield (Might replace if needs be)

-----------------–

I have a fair number of Pokemon in my boxes (4.5 filled), but nothing specifically bred for switch-ins when a member has a glaring weakness to who I’m fighting.

If I had to replace any of them, it’d probably be Arcanine, Chesnaught, and/or Aggron. I do need something that can use Fly, and I’m considering an Unburden Hawlucha for that purpose as a switch-in, but for now, this is my core team.

The team will be quite good when you finish breeding and switching around some moves, but I have a few improvements that you could use which you have not mentioned:

Gardevoir: It's better to use a Life Orb or Leftovers once you can obtain it and I'm suggesting that you replace Magical Leaf with Focus Blast for Steel Types, or Energy Ball or Thunderbolt for Coverage.
Arcanine: Life Orb or Flame Plate for the Item 
Clawitzer: Life Orb again, I guess; Dragon Pulse and Water Pulse to replace non pulse moves so as to benefit with Mega Launcher
Aggron: You've already stated the Rock Head set and if you'd want to pursue that, you can use something like Protect.
Ampharos: You may want to use Thunder Wave and replace it with Power Gem
Chesnaught: Wood Hamner is quite good although recoil is not that beneficial

EV-reducing berries are available in the department store on the 8th floor.

Since you're already breeding, it's easier to grind up the EVs from scratch by giving your mons the correct power item (available in the department store 4th floor) and then grinding up an easy repeatable encounter. I and a number of people use the Woobats on the first screen of the railnet, since you can simply exit and reenter in a few steps and get 2 encounters. You'll need a number of speed reducing berries that way, but on a lot mons you'll want that anyways. Also get yourself some pokerus to half the needed time. You will need to get back to Reborn city for that, but you can do that just fine since you're supposed to fly back to Reborn anyways and it won't immediately trigger any major battles. You can explore the new city at your place and stock up.

@Vanitas it's nice to hear you know of a cheaper and faster method, but I believe it would be a little more helpful if you actually explained the method or could give a link to the description.

1 hour ago, BlackRum said:

EV-reducing berries are available in the department store on the 8th floor.

Since you're already breeding, it's easier to grind up the EVs from scratch by giving your mons the correct power item (available in the department store 4th floor) and then grinding up an easy repeatable encounter. I and a number of people use the Woobats on the first screen of the railnet, since you can simply exit and reenter in a few steps and get 2 encounters. You'll need a number of speed reducing berries that way, but on a lot mons you'll want that anyways. Also get yourself some pokerus to half the needed time. You will need to get back to Reborn city for that, but you can do that just fine since you're supposed to fly back to Reborn anyways and it won't immediately trigger any major battles. You can explore the new city at your place and stock up.

@Vanitas it's nice to hear you know of a cheaper and faster method, but I believe it would be a little more helpful if you actually explained the method or could give a link to the description.

Well, I've got all the Power Items for EV grinding (and  Destiny Knot), and 4 different pokemon boxed with Pokerus, so I'm good there. Gardevoir's really the only one I need to fix the EVs on, I put too much effort in to it and had it for too long to go through a breeding process again. I'll have to check the Dept. Store again, didn't see the berries last time I was there. Good thing I have a crapton of money.

I usually grind for EVs in Chrysolia Forest. I have to run a fair amount, but it means I get the HP, Atk, and SpAtk (and possibly Spd, need to doublecheck) EVs I need all in one spot. Are my planned movesets okay? I don't want anything that's too suboptimal, though there's a lot of leeway there.

1 hour ago, BlackRum said:

there is a a dude at the peridot market (during daytime) who sells  ev resetting disk for 10k so if your pkmn has more then 80ev of sth u its cheaper.

it just didnt want to take away anything from his exploring work. :-)

Edited by Vanitas

1 hour ago, Vanitas said:

there is a a dude at the peridot market (during daytime) who sells  ev resetting disk for 10k so if your pkmn has more then 80ev of sth u its cheaper.

it just didnt want to take away anything from his exploring work. :-)

Huh, that'll certainly be useful.