Pokemon Cobalt and Amethyst (Pokemon in Minecraft)

seki108

I came across this game sometime during it's development, since the creator was somewhat known in the Minecraft community for his skill with command blocks.  Somewhere along the line, I stopped following development of the game, but I've found out it was recently completed.  Since the creator mentioned it has lost traction since he first posted it, I thought I would help him out a little by creating a thread here.  From what I've seen, it plays much like an average Pokemon game, featuring 136 fake-mon and the normal allotment of 8 gyms, villainous team, and E4.  All of this is done within Minecraft's game engine.  

While I can't personally say whether the map offers any great innovations or the like, it seems at least a unique experience.  I figured it was worth a mention, since it took at least a year and a half to create.  There is also a more streamlined "Youtuber" addition, which apparently cut down the need to grind.

If I have broken a rule that I didn't notice or posted this in the incorrect section, I apologize.

Creators Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/phnixhamstasc/videos

Minecraft forums thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/2791466-pokemon-cobalt-amethyst-pokemon-in-vanilla

Download/Instruction/Info Video: 

while i believe story wise the game will be worse than my Pokemon Prism experience,   i will download it just cuz it will be something unique that i will prolly regret not having downloaded before it got taken down by Nintendo

EDIT:  errr.. do i need to actually BUY minecraft in order to play this map?

EDIT2: Aaaand my PC simply cannot play it ..  it lags so much it is practically unplayable

Edited by DemICE

• 3 months later...

That's... one hella strange of a fangame. The minecraft graphics make it looks like a watered down version of a pokemon game of some sorts.

Oh well, at least they actually tried and actually gave it a lot of effort than this hot garbage of Roblox...