What Titania Did To Florinia - Hypothesis [EDIT: DEBUNKED]

• Global Mods

I started keeping up with Ame's Tumblr in December after it was recommended to me when I put together the relationship variable guide, and today Ame mentioned that Fern got rejected by Titania. 

Although the dialogue seems to have been removed from E16, from up to E15 after the factory Julia mentions that Florinia "hasn't been the same since-" and then Fern cut her off and said "Titania? Yeah, she traumatizes people like that. What else is new?" (in E16, Julia says "She hasn't been the same since...well, never mind!" and Fern has already left, so Titania isn't mentioned)

Apparently after the rejection, Florinia's living room was trashed. 

Source: http://amethystblack.tumblr.com/post/158223409572/wait-fern-got-rejected-by-titania-what-made-him

Not all details of the online league carry over to the game. For example, in game Bennett is obsessed with Luna, but on the online league it was Laura (I'm not sure if he was obsessed with Laura though; I only know he liked her and not the details of it), so it could definitely be something else. But maybe in-game Titania trashed the living room (or dorm room, since the OTS leaders shared a room) because of Fern, and this incident is what caused Florinia to try to stop emotioning. 

• Global Mods
36 minutes ago, seki108 said:

While it might be related, it seems a little extreme for that to be the sole cause.  However, if it was, we have something else to blame Fern for.

I realized some time after posting this, but a strong counter-argument to the hypothesis is Ame freely mentioning it in the first place. If it were the cause in-game, I doubt Ame would say it, since that would spoil it before it's told. It may still have happened in-game since Ame said Fern was speaking from experience, but it's probably a different incident that caused the falling out. 

I also just remembered that under the story split where Julia battles Solaris with you, Julia mentions Titania betraying Florinia. So the incident is almost definitely not my hypothesis. 

Well, just to make a joke answer too:  Florina walked in on Amy and Titinia doing very perverted things on her bed, so Florina.exe stopped working.  Something obviously went wrong during the reboot, since the new AI is much duller and robotic.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I also just remembered that under the story split where Julia battles Solaris with you, Julia mentions Titania betraying Florinia. So the incident is almost definitely not my hypothesis. 

I've never watched/seen this route split, so I didn't know that.  Now I have to look it up.  Thank you, noble confectionery.

Edited by seki108

18 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Well, just to make a joke answer too:  Florina walked in on Amy and Titinia doing very perverted things on her bed, so Florina.exe stopped working.  Something obviously went wrong during the reboot, since the new AI is much duller and robotic.

Sounds like a good theory...

P/S: NTR is strong in this one

4 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

(I'm not sure if he was obsessed with Laura though; I only know he liked her and not the details of it)

There was more than that, from what I can remember of the days when league was running Bennett and Laura were in a relationship. I always assumed he got over his thing for Luna. Maybe we'll see a similar thing in the game through the drama surrounding the Elite 4.

Maybe Titania broke up with Florinia some months after their relationship? Maybe the reason why Florinia decided to become emotionless was the fact that she was traumatized heavily by this breakup. She decided that she wouldn't want to be hurt again and so she sealed her former self and became Flobot.

Does this mean that most of the Onyx Sisters aren't straight? Amy's surely a lesbian while Titania's possibly bisexual. Florinia's asexual, I guess, although she was possibly a lesbian before. And for the record, I'm pretty sure Julia's straight.

• Global Mods
33 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Maybe Titania broke up with Florinia some months after their relationship? Maybe the reason why Florinia decided to become emotionless was the fact that she was traumatized heavily by this breakup. She decided that she wouldn't want to be hurt again and so she sealed her former self and became Flobot.

Does this mean that most of the Onyx Sisters aren't straight? Amy's surely a lesbian while Titania's possibly bisexual. Florinia's asexual, I guess, although she was possibly a lesbian before. And for the record, I'm pretty sure Julia's straight.

Ame said Titania is likely asexual. The real Julia from the online league had an ex-boyfriend who challenged the league, who she tried to make mad by having someone claim to be her boyfriend (I'm not sure if I'm remembering exactly, I just remember reading that once or twice). Although there are a fair amount of people who ship Julia x Florinia, and Ame responded with a detailed scenario of them being together once (not canon, but it was pretty cute).