Favorite Teams Ever

This is just a fun topic, but what were some of your favorite teams you may have used throughout the series? Whether it be for nostalgic purposes, competitive prowess, or any special memories, which Pokemon team stands out to you the most? It can be a from the main series or from a fan game (I hear there's this decent game called "Reborn" or something), but here is my favorite team from Pokemon Emerald:

Achilles (Swampert)

Grumpy (Breloom)

Grayson (Crobat)

Franklin (Torkoal)

Mochyn (Grumpig)

Rick (Electrode)

I don't exactly remember the movesets, but this team was about setting up on you, and then having Swampert pick up any slack.

IMG_0793.JPG

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Well, I remember back in the day when I was a little kid and Platinum wasn't even out yet, I always picked the grass starter and would play through the games randomly, stopping anywhere from the 1st to 7th gym usually. Then one day, I had an interesting idea and picked Mudkip in Sapphire. I never looked back. And Infernape became my new fav 4th gen starter.

My first diamond team was Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, Glaceon, Gliscor, and Dialga. (I was like 8 or so and still used legends and named myself all caps like a noob). One member I eventually replaced was Pachirisu, which I gave the exp share to in the beginning of the game and never took it off, so by the third gym it was level 40 and op. Don't know why I ever replaced it.

Also I once solo runned fire red up until the 3 islands with just Blastoise. To this day, I still have no idea how I did it. I NEVER grinded in any game as a kid. If I couldn't beat someone, I'd move my team around or equip different armor in an rpg, etc. Good times.

the first real team I ever had was blaziken, machoke, swellow, tentacruel, graveler and rayquaza (in pokemon ruby) so naturally this is one of my favorite teams ive ever had.

stoutland, excadrill, gothitelle, zebstrika, seismitoad and tornadus as my first real team I completed a nuzlocke with (pokemon black)

serperior, weezing, krookodile, sigilyph, swanna and chandelure (black 2), venusaur, pidgeot, raticate, vaporeon and electrode (fire red) and swampert, hariyama, altaria, girafarig, walrein and electrode (emerald, with mightyena, swalot, shiftry, golem and banette also in rotation) and scizor, xatu, granbull, arcanine, feraligatr and whiscash (alternate evolutions) as other nuzlocke teams that I have a soft spot for

and lastly, the only team I ever completed reborn with (wonder trade run, less than a week ago)- musharna, klefki, drapion, gigalith, swampert and beartic (bibarel, swoobat, aerodactyl, bisharp, camerupt, kricketune, grimer, pineco and swirlix as members in rotation)

I've been playing since Red, so I have forgotten most of my early teams, aside from key members: Charizard (my very first pokemon--from Red), Gengar (Red), Pigeot (Red), Farfetched (second red playthrough) Typlosion (Gold), Vileplume (Gold), Feraligator (Crystal), and Suicune (Crystal).

The first team I remember well was my Ruby team: Blazekin, Gardevoir (nicknamed Grazon), Exploud, Flygon, Swellow, and Sharpedo.  Probably not my best team, but they were memorable enough since they were my last team for years.

When I picked up Black 2 a few years ago and got back into Pokemon: Samarout, Gardevoir (technically hacked in as a Ralts since I was playing on an emulator), Altaria, Lucario, Zorua, Ampharos, Arcanine, Gigalith, Flygon, Lopunny, and Maractus. This was the first time I actually used a rotating team, instead of beserk charging everything with 6 like I did as a kid.  Probably my favorite team, all-around.

Reborn has quite a rotating in-game team: Greninja, Eelecktorss, Zebrastrika, Noivern, Swalot, Rosarade, Pangoro, Meostic (F), Lopunny, Mismangus, Spiritomb, Pyroar (F), Camerupt, Houndour, Arcanine, Chandelere, Poliswine, Gardevoir (Grazon), Sylveon, Venusaur, Metagross, Hauwlucha and Mightiana (probably off rotation next episode). A mix of everything I've wanted to use, but which Gamefreak denied me because of not having an all in one game (like Blaze Black 2)

(Horoable mentions to Krickatune (MVP of the first two gyms), Blitzle (temporary member off rotation), Lunatone (temp member off rotation), Volkarona (Mommy Larvey, currently egg hatcher; now that I had the time to evolve her, might be on rotation next episode))

Edited by seki108

Competitively, my favorite team was from X:

Tyranitar (Sandstream)

Regirock (Shiny)

Diancie (Trick Room)

Rhyperior

Steelix

Registeel (Shiny)

Another team from X that I liked was:

Delphox

Ninetales (Drought)

Zoroark (Shiny)

Talonflame (Gale Wind)

Greninja (Protean)

Arcanine

Are you seeing the theme with this one? :P

Greninja was fun to use in triple battles because of his moveset: Shadow Sneak, Facade, Power-up Punch, Night Slash.

I'd lead with Shadow Sneak rendering Fighting attacks useless. Then, I'd switch to Facade nullifying Ghost attacks and finally back to Ghost. When those types of attacks aren't a threat, I'd spam Power-up Punch to boost my power.

Edited by Animefan666

Easily my favorite team was my Y team VGC doubles

Haryama, Gothetel, Mega Mawile, Rotm (H), Ferrowthorn, and Amoongus

The only time I actively played VGC was the height of my battling. Sadly I had to give up competitive battling for the most part when I enlisted, so that team has very special memories. Trick room was IMO, the best way to go about doubles, due to weather nerfs. Bulk over offense was the standard, and games were typically longer. Not to mention that a lot of top tier picks (like Lanorous T, Cress, and Thunderus) were banned due to the pentagon rule. Not to mention it was also around the time where I began to no life Reborn, and really got in deep to the game. Ah 2013, my favorite year, so much pokemon.. so little time.

Edited by Magus

• 2 weeks later...

I don't exactly remember all my teams throughout the years, but I must say that there are a few teams that I've had some really fun runs with, spanning multiple generations (and about 13 years of games, woah)

My first game was Blue on the Gameboy, but I don't remember any of the teams from that game unfortunately.

My first truly memorable team came from Gold, where I used:

Spoiler

feraligatr.pngscyther.pnghaunter.pnglugia.pngmachoke.png and a final member that I cannot remember as I had my cartridge's battery replaced about 5 years ago. 

By no means was this a good team, but it certainly was my favorite lineup at the time, that frustrated me to no end as I knew nobody who I could trade with to evolve (because nobody was playing the original Gold in 2008)

My second most memorable team came from the re installment of Gold, Heart Gold, and can be considered a combination of this game and part of my Fire Red team, including:

Spoiler

feraligatr.pngscizor.pngmachamp.pngmewtwo.pngtyranitar.pnglugia.png

To no surprise, this is very similar to my original Gold team, as I loved both the design and gameplay of each of these Pokemon. However, the funny thing is that only the Feraligatr, Scizor, and Lugia came from this game itself, as I had transferred my Machamp, Mewtwo, and Tyranitar over from Fire Red to make the best of both worlds. This was the main team that I used for the lifetime of my Heart Gold save, which composed of over 800 hours total, but as time went on, Lucario, Aggron, and Swampert would join this list.

Finally, my most memorable (and recent) team came from a mixture of White and Black 2 (weird to say it that way, huh), composing of:

Spoiler

heracross.gifchandelure.gifkrookodile.gif  lucario.gif  metagross.gifzekrom.gif

Sadly, no water types made it on to this team as the Samurott line was too disappointing in performance and looks, and Feraligatr was transfered too late into the game hours. I call this team a combination of both B/W and B/W2 teams, because in reality, this team was originally made on my White save file, minus Lucario and Heracross, and really became memorable as I essentially replayed the game through Black 2 and went about remaking this team ASAP. Shiny Garchomp would have made this team for the Battle Tree struggle alone, but he ranked just under the experience I had individually with each of these members, so count him as an honorable mention.

Shiny Heracross makes this team because even though the shiny individual was a transfer through my Fire Red game (and my first shiny ever, nonetheless), I caught a normal one in White and he was one of my best fighting types ever and would be the best in gameplay history alone if not for Lucario, which I'll talk about later.

Chandelure gets major credit for being one of three Fire types that I actually like in the game, mostly due to its MASSIVE special attack stat and fun moveset, not to mention that it was a Ghost type, which I always had wanted to use but never could because there weren't many ghost types to catch that were actually good in game in previous generations.

Krookodile makes this list because quite frankly, it was the only reason I kept going through White, as the city and Desert Area (whatever route that was) caused me much frustration and boredom, and I literally didn't like any Pokemon in Generation 5 up to that point, until a tiny little crocodile showed up in my encounters, and soon had such a good stat distribution, moveset, appearence, and battlecry that I couldn't stop my game there.

Lucario makes this list because well, when I found out that there were Riolu available in the second town in the game, I pretty much did a backflip because I knew what they would evolve into, and better yet, how they didn't need a specific level to evolve. In other words, Lucario makes this list for being completely broken in gameplay terms (Final Starter Evolution stats plus steel typing plus fighting type moves all at around level 10-15?) and for straight up being my favorite overall.

Metagross took awhile to find, but lets just say that the legendary Gaben's words apply here. It was worth the wait. Super reliable and overall my favorite psuedo-legendary, this supercomputer was a late pickup, but one that I instantly made room for, as it's non-dragon centric moveset was refreshing plus have I mentioned it was tanky? Big time favorite, that's all.

And Zekrom. My favorite central legendary overall, and the whole reason why I bought the games in the order that I did. Its design is kickass (Reshiram literally looks like a glorified chicken to me), it has a massive attack stat (which I will always love cause I'm a stats guy), and it is a dragon electric type. It just works for some reason, even if it is weak to earthquake. It's my dragon.