Catching Beldum

I've been throwing Nest Balls at Beldum for hours and have yet to successfully capture it. I use the Nest Ball because it has the highest capture rate against it given the currently available Pokeballs. I put it to sleep and even used Switcheroo to give it an Oran Berry to prolong the battle, but still, nothing. I haven't had this much trouble catching a Pokemon since Kyogre in Saphire. Any suggestions?

It's catch rate is 3, so the same as legendaries. Once you get it low, swap to a ghost type so it can't use take down and hurt itself - otherwise, you just gotta keep grinding.

Use Paralysis if you don't have a ghost type to make it less likely to hurt its self, but other than that, just keep trying.

At least you're not like me and decided to challenge yourself to catching it in a Pokeball.

As Bigjra said but you also want to try keeping it asleep or paralyzed anything to reduce the amount of take downs it uses as it has about 20pp? then it starts struggling so ya wanna delay that as long as possible and seeing as status ailments will add a little to the capture rate it helps even more

At least you're not like me and decided to challenge yourself to catching it in a Pokeball.

@Combat you aren't alone in that boat heck I restricted myself to SHINY and Poke'Ball only Beldum but that was on Reborn pretty sure I caught it in a Poke'Ball on Rejuvanation if not I never found the damned thing (although Poke'Ball only captures has always been my go to restriction of choice, shiny only restriction was just dropped on top of the difficulty of the capture)

Edited by Lord Drakyle

What I would do is the following: first, you want to put it to sleep. Then, use false swipe to put it on 1 hp. Then switch to a ghost type and hope for the best. Its catch rate is actually the one of a legendary, it also took me ages to finally capture it...

2 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

Keep in mind this is in Rejuvenation, not Reborn. It's a Shadow Pokemon. So, it will hurt itself whether I like it or not.

(I just read this and I'm not sure what you mean with it since I don't play Rejuvenation, but I hope what I said will help you)

Edited by HongaarseBeer97

7 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

What I would do is the following: first, you want to put it to sleep. Then, use false swipe to put it on 1 hp. Then switch to a ghost type and hope for the best. Its catch rate is actually the one of a legendary, it also took me ages to finally capture it...

(I just read this and I'm not sure what you mean with it since I don't play Rejuvenation, but I hope what I said will help you)

Shadow Pokemon will enter Hyper Mode during battle and causes them to take damage every turn regardless of whether or not they attack. It doesn't have Take Down either. It has Giga Impact, Psychic (and I think Zap Cannon)

Edited by Animefan666

11 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

Keep in mind this is in Rejuvenation, not Reborn. It's a Shadow Pokemon. So, it will hurt itself whether I like it or not.

My mistake. You could get a Pokemon with Heal Pulse to keep the health up then. There should be a few available to you.