Rebornian Mentions: Tempest (Presented by Cat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

Cat Chat Blogs Presents:

Rebornian Mentions: Tempest

This week, our cat-like eyes turns to Tempest! He was nominated by yours truly and was the winner of this week’s lottery! Lucky, lucky~! Our Tempest resides in a state we always forget is a state-- Minnesota. To be fair, though, we all forget states are states at times. In his spare time, Tempest really loves working with anything computer related. This includes programming, building servers, and running websites with his giant server rack. He also plays video games, enjoys maths and sciences, and various leisure sports such as jet skiing and snowmobiling.

d2bbbd5d77834bf79cea0dca2ca78351.png

Look at all that math behind Tempest.

Who Is Tempest?

Tempest joined with Reborn late in 2013. One day, he wanted to make a sprite, but didn’t know how to make one himself. “I had no skill… I couldn’t make one myself so that was why I was searching for a sprite generator.” His search for sprite creators led him to Reborn, back when we had the sprite shop for the forums. He created an account, but laid low for a few months until the night of the Christmas party in 2013, after getting back into fangames. “That’s when I actually felt part of the community,” Tempest reminisces, as I picture him with starry eyes, remembering the fun of that night.

However, Tempest wasn’t always Tempest in his time with us. His original name was CobraKill, which stuck with him for a few months until one fateful night. “I was random battling and, since I suck at it, I forgot one of my Pokemon had Roost.” He lost, but he could have won had he had chosen Roost to save his Pokemon. Tempest continues, “Lexii asked how I lost. I told her. And then everyone started screaming Roost.” From that point on for a good while, Roost was Tempest’s former name until the name Tempest just came to him one day. He was forever Tempest from then on.

Life In Reborn

Tempest feels he’s in a comfortable place with Reborn. At the moment, he’s just happy to be with Reborn while working on his Pokemon game and spending time in the Divide, an unconnected sub-server of Reborn’s Discord server. Tempest really loves Reborn as a community. He couldn’t decide for the life of him his favorite Rebornian. “Well… I’m really close to Wulfgang and BlueMoonIceCream. But I also talk to Sardines, Swampellow, Baz, Viri, Oracles…” as he goes on and on, going through names, then server lists, and then Reborn as a whole. “I hate picking favorites,” Tempest mumbles. And ladies, Tempest is a very much available man~ Slide some pick-up lines his way.

tumblr_loehr6DhP91qke7o0o1_500.jpg

obby

During Tempest’s time with us, he’s accomplished quite a few things. Remember his giant server rack? He used it time to time to help when Reborn went down off the servers as a back-up server, and also helped Ame with the new site by working bugs, software designing, and fixing memory leaks. Some other major accomplishments Tempest made with Reborn was implementing the new BreloomBot, introducing n0ble bots for battling, and also for creating Spear Pillar and Spear Pillar 2.0 (which is now the Divide on Discord). Tempest also served time on the Authy bench back in the day for a while. Then life called Tempest and asked for some help, so he stepped down to go be a knight for life.

01e6f13d8a3395c422a11e87dda65377.jpg

Life is brutal.

One of Tempest’s favorite moments in Reborn was when Tempest typo’d ‘shots fired’ to ‘shits fired.’ Chat went crazy over that typo. From then on, Tempest was known to forever have a shit cannon. Like me, Tempest enjoys laughter. And what better way to get ‘em while being an authy was actually quite simple. “I would torment people (with mod powers) and change everything about their profile.” Poor Kamina got the worst of this from Tempest. “I (also) changed Silver and Ame to have spiders as profile pics… Multiple times.” Tempest says as I imagine the horrified look on Ame’s face every time this happened. But you know what, Reborn, at least that wasn’t as bad as what I did when I changed everything on the forums to be cat-related.

3b4b4df8698b4ae38bac3c60c8dece25.png

The faces of many Rebornian's that morning.

Reborn, the Game

Tempest really enjoys the game. He’s played it through episode 16 and really adores the game. “It’s been a big inspiration to a lot of other fangames, mine included.” One of Tempest’s favorite moments in the game was when Team Meteor attacked Titania and Amaria’s house. And also when Fern is beaten. No one loves Fern. (Poor Fern). Tempest’s most favorite moment is a spoiler, and because it is such, all I will say is that episode 16 contains that moment. Other than that, Tempest actually had a hand in making the game. He helped Ame map out the game. "Ame gave me map files (that she already had the basic layouts for) and I finished all the cliffs for them." Examples include Ametrine Mountain, Citrine Mountain, and Route 4. "(I) essentially did the grunt work," chuckles Tempest.

Way back in the day, like, 2 years ago, Ace members had (still have?) the ability to beta test new episodes of the game before it’s released to the public. Tempest had the ability to beta test the chapters before anyone else got the chance to as Ace. He really enjoyed being able to beta test. “(I was) helping to catch bugs and random errors.” One of the biggest challenges he had as a beta tester was when a really bad bug/error happened where the game would freeze up without reason or warning. Luckily for us though, we have wonderful people like Tempest to take the time to help make the game the best it can be.

The Big Picture

Overall, Tempest is a great member to our community who has a lot to offer in terms of bettering Reborn. His current goals are finishing his own fangame and Project Paragon. With Project Paragon, Tempest hopes to bring over a battle simulator, like Showdown has, to Discord, bringing Reborn together to one chat server. Other than that, he’s just happy to be with Reborn. “I’ve been around a while, seen a lot of shit… But I love this place. I’m glad I fell into the trap and I’m looking forward for more years to come.” We look forward to what more Tempest has to offer for Reborn!

A big thank you to Tempest for the interview!

If you have someone you’d like to nominate, comment below or give a shout-out in chat!

All images do not belong to me. Picture of Tempest provided by Tempest, all other images provided by Google Images.

4 hours ago, Godot said:

Tempest? More like Gust! Am I rite?

**was sniped from the distance.**

Nah, the only Flying move he needs is Roost :] 

That was some valuable information I gleaned today. Admittedly the only new thing I learned was about your history with Roost, but still. Important thing to make a note of.

Praise Spear Pillar.

Oh, and, I'll nominate Baz.

I think I learnt more off this one than any of the previous cat chats. Its always cool to get to know a bit more about the members who I haven't interacted with that much. 

I guess I'll nominate Tacos. 

15 hours ago, Miss Kitty said:

One of Tempest’s favorite moments in Reborn was when Tempest typo’d ‘shots fired’ to ‘shits fired.’ Chat went crazy over that typo. From then on, Tempest was known to forever have a shit cannon.

15 hours ago, Ojama Brown said:

SHITS FIRED

Looks like the two of you have something in common there~

Tempest is a cool guy in my books, even though one of his first interactions with me was to insult my favourite characters. But I'm a forgiving person, of course, and certainly won't remember that forever.

...Stupid jokes aside, though, it's pretty neat to read these threads, there's always those little tidbits that may not be brought up in conversations otherwise. I always enjoy hearing how people found their way here; there's some really curious stories.