Rate my VGC 2017 team

ShadeStrider

I made this team on Showdown, and I want to know how i can improve it, so that I can start building it In-game.

Metagross @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Clear Body  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- Meteor Mash  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Hammer Arm

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers  
Ability: Misty Surge  
EVs: 244 HP / 148 Def / 68 SpA / 4 SpD / 44 Spe  
Calm Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Calm Mind  
- Moonblast  
- Scald  
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z  
Ability: Psychic Surge  
EVs: 164 HP / 92 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Psychic  
- Moonblast  
- Reflect  
- Protect

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Flamethrower  
- Snarl  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Morning Sun

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Rough Skin  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
- Earthquake  
- Dragon Claw  
- Poison Jab  
- Fire Fang

Milotic @ Adrenaline Orb  
Ability: Competitive  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Recover  
- Scald  
- Ice Beam  
- Protect

-I don't know how to feel about Metagross. From one hand it gets boosted a lot by Lele's Psychic Terrain but the overlapping ghost weakness can hurt you if you bring them both. In addition, Bullet Punch is useless under Psychic Terrain so it gets hindered by Lele too! It also apreciates Fini's Misty Surge blocking potential burns or paralysis. Also try to experiment a bit with the ev spread to outspeed certain mons or bulk certain attacks.

-The Tapu fini is solid! Just replace Scald with Muddy Water. It hits both opponents, it can drop their accuracy and your own field doesn't nerf it unlike Scald.

-Z crystal Lele is so strong, but personally I wouldn't use it with all these Alola Muks running around and potentially waste your Z move. Tectonic Rage chomp is imo better since it gives you a single target ground move as opposing to a spread Eq with nerf damage (that can also be even more nerfed by Grassy Terrain). But these are personal preferences so go ahead and use it if you like it. I would try Taunt over Reflect for annoying Trick Room teams, since your team is kinda fast and has a bad matchup against them.

-Arcanine is solid, nothing more should be said.

-I already commented how I prefer Garchomp as a better Z crystal holder, but scarf set also gets the job done.

-I really like the idea of Adrenaline Orb Milotic! Although Scald + Ice is walled by other bulky Waters like Tapu Fini. I would experiment with various Hidden Power over Recover, mostly HP Grass or HP Electric. Grass gets boosted by opposing Bulu's Grassy Terrain, hits other water types and is mainly there for Gastrodon which can be a real pain against your team since it can draw all water moves and wall a good portion of your team. HP Electric on the other hand let's you hit more pokemons like Peliper and Araquanid, gets boosted by opposing Koko's Electric Terrain but also can it can be countered more easily with Lightingrod Alola-Marowak.

If I had to make a change it would be to swap Metagross with AV Hariyama! Hariyama gives you Fake Out support that your team lacks, a strong fighting STAB for the most annoying mon in the format, Porygon 2 and also gives you a very slow mon to counter TR teams :)

I'm not sure about Metagross because I've never used it in VGC and I think that it has too much weakness in current meta.

Fini - change the Scald to Muddy Water. Fini's problem with Scald is its terrain + muddy water can get that accuracy drop which is really good :]

Lele - I'd replace Reflect with Taunt to prevent trick room, status if you don't bring fini and setups

Arcanine - looks good but I prefer running protect over morning sun. You can test it out and decide

Personally I would switch Z move to garchomp and give scarf to lele. You can also use dtail on milotic to prevent Pory tr setups.

Also let me know if you will need help with making the team in the game, I have a lot of breedjects that I don't need.

• 3 weeks later...