Am I ready?

DJ_Zapple

I'm about to take the fight to Team Meteor for the first time. I think it's too late to turn back now, so I wanna see just how much trouble I'm in right now with my current team.

What I've got right now is:

Belladonna (Ivysaur) - LV 16, Tackle, Take Down, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Marin (Wingull) - LV 11, Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Whisperer (Whismur) - LV 7, Pound, Echoed Voice

Reixchal (Poochyena) - LV 10*, Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite

Muffet (Kricketot) - LV 8, Growl, Bide, Struggle Bug

Stardust (Zigzagoon) - LV 5, Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

I'd think Ivysaur is a good pokemon against Julias pokemon, considering how annoying it can be. I'd probably set Ivysaur as my 'main' and use some of the others as 'dummies' in which you use their turns to heal Ivysaur.

I tried. And her... I forgot the name of the blasted thing. Electric zebra, let's go with that. THAT thing, knows Flame Wheel... x.x One-shot poor Belladonna. I'll just have to train the others up to about level 15 and bombard it with various Pokémon.

grinding kricketot will definitely pay off in the long run- kricketune absolutely devastated the second gym for me. and you can get it before julia, sooo...one thing I gotta ask though, which ability does the kricketot have? run away is by far the best ability, since that becomes technician upon evolution.

as for your other pokemon, wingull is pretty much useless against julia, bar maybe for revenge killing due to its high speed. the 4x weakness hurts it quite a lot. ivysaur should be able to leave a big dent in her team, though. sonicbooms, emolga and blitzle threaten it, but ivysaur is still a force to be reckoned with for julia.

zigzagoon, poochyena and whismur arent all too great, but earlygame they work (if you grind enough, you can even get mightyena before julia, considering poochy evolves at level 18). zigzagoon and poochyena will fall behind rather quickly once you progress in the story, but for now, both of them can put in work. zigzagoon gets stab headbutt at level 11 as well, which is a pretty good move for that point of the game.

I didn't see what it had before it evolved, but it has Swarm now. Fat lot of good it did against her, as it got wiped out quick. It took some sand in Blitzle's eyes to take it out (Poochyena came in VERY handy!), and after that, Ivysaur made quick work of Electrode. I feel fulfilled.

(Also, I literally caught a Budew.)

Kricketune does need the Technician ability so that it's Fury Cutter can be boosted so that's probably why it fainted quick.

Congratulations on winning though! You'll probably need the Kricketune for Florinia to defeat her easily although it's not impossible to defeat her.

That Budew can be a great help later on but it's kind of hard to raise and evolving into Roselia does require max happiness and for Roserade a shiny stone acquired later on.