If you had the chance, what country/s would you visit?

If you had the chance, what country/s would you visit?

For me, I've got three main countries I'd like to visit in the future since my goal in life is to travel to as many countries as possible.

First is, Japan. I'd really like to go there for many reasons. When I started reading manga around three years ago, I instantly fell in love with Japan. The culture, the scenery, and the food you can find there is just so interesting. Also, I'd love to purchase manga and anime merchandise, even though I have no skill in speaking Japanese whatsoever. Another is that it is one of the main centers of videogames, especially RPGs which I really enjoy. 

Second is, the United States of America. For some reason, when I read a book about the Bicycle Race in America, I got interested with exploring the states. Various literary sources and media allowed me to become interested and I have associated certain traits with certain states. Like, for New York, I consider it as very beautiful yet crowded metropolis while for Indianapolis, I associate it with racing. For Kansas, the countryside due to Wizard of OZ while for Alaska, the ice fortress in the north. I simply love the diversity of the states and it's interesting that there are several time zones within it.

Third is, France. Why? It's one of the most beautiful countries in the world, especially its capital, Paris. The City of Love offers so many things, from the Eiffel Tower, stylish boutiques, luxurious restaurants, museums, and theaters. There are so many reasons why I love it and I'm excited to visit it one day.

So, how about you? Where would you like to go to someday?

I have actually been to very many places, but some countries that I haven't visited but want to include Greece, Canada, China and the Netherlands. No particular reason why, I just like those countries, and it would be nice to see them someday.

6 minutes ago, FraRPetO said:

Japan because of the Japanese cuisine and language.

So many games that need to be translated before I can play them.

Yeah, there were some DS games that I wanted to play but they were never translated or the translation is only partial. They also have so many games exclusive to their country and when they go worldwide, it's highly likely that the game will be released months later.

Japan

Australia

Scotland

Britain

France

Germany

India

Costa Rica

Brazil

South Korea

New Zealand

Argentina

Canada

Hong Kong

and probably more I can't think of off the top of my head, and probably not in that order.

• Veterans

The US as I still wish to meet up with my internet friends someday, especially the ones I've known for about 5 years by now and still talk to, so Jan for example! It'd be great to finally see them in person honestly, they're amazing friends and I treasure them a lot.

Second would be Japan as I'd love to see the landscape and culture for myself. I genuinely am interested in traveling around the country for sightseeing, but of course visiting Tokyo as well and see how it is there.

Third would be Italy as I've always wanted to travel there in general, just that my parents don't like going to warmer countries, which is kind of a shame really; I really want to go to Rome someday. Also, Pizza.

Fourth may actually be France as well, even though I've already been to the place before, and it'd be Paris again too; I just want to be able to go there without actually being pressurized by people to go to certain places as I was last time I was there, so I can enjoy the city on my own.

And fifth would be the UK! Even though I've been there countless times, I still want to go back. I'd rather visit London for once though, as I've mostly been near the countryside. Not that I didn't like it there though as I've been in a few really nice countryside towns, and actually really like the landscapes in the UK, but I just want to have a few days in the city as well and see what's there as well.

1 minute ago, Zumi said:

just that my parents don't like going to warmer countries, which is kind of a shame really; I really want to go to Rome someday. Also, Pizza.

I have the exact opposite problem, anytime I suggest we visit something like the Netherlands, Germany or whatnot my proposals get turned down due to them being too cold. 

And on that note, I'd love to visit Peru someday, specifically Machu Picchu. I'm in general crazy about historical sites and museums.

And while I'd love to visit Japan, I can't help but dread the fact that it'd probably be a disappointing trip due to the lack English speakers and the difficult environment for tourists this provides. But yeah, visiting Japan is on my bucket list. 

The first country on my list will soon (well, I say soon, but it takes more than a year still...) be checked off. I plan to go to Japan next summer, together with my younger brother!!! I can't tell you all how excited I am for this, and even though it still takes a year, I can't wait! The Japanese culture is so fascinating and its scenery, simply amazing (even writing about it makes me excited lol). Our plan is to go there for at least three weeks and do a tour, starting from Tokyo, probably all the way to Nagasaki. How we'll get back, we have no idea... The problem is that it's quite expensive to stay there for so long, so I got some saving to do :)

Second on my list is probably Iceland. Iceland has some stunning nature and overall it seems like a beautiful country to me.

The US is also interesting/beautiful This summer I will visit New-York with my mum and brother for several days, so that's super cool!

The best county for me would be England, not to travel to, but to live. I will be so happy if I would be able to live in London or Oxford, that's kind of my dream I guess. English is such a nice language and from what I've seen from England, the people are nice and friendly (though that might seem so because I was there as a tourist). Luckily, my study is quite internationally oriented, so I have the chance of getting a job in the Netherlands and then getting reassigned to the UK.

New Zealand and Australia also deserve an honourable mention, especially New Zealand. One day I will definitely go there

27 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

The first country on my list will soon (well, I say soon, but it takes more than a year still...) be checked off. I plan to go to Japan next summer, together with my younger brother!!! I can't tell you all how excited I am for this, and even though it still takes a year, I can't wait! The Japanese culture is so fascinating and its scenery, simply amazing (even writing about it makes me excited lol). Our plan is to go there for at least three weeks and do a tour, starting from Tokyo, probably all the way to Nagasaki. How we'll get back, we have no idea... The problem is that it's quite expensive to stay there for so long, so I got some saving to do :)

Second on my list is probably Iceland. Iceland has some stunning nature and overall it seems like a beautiful country to me.

The US is also interesting/beautiful This summer I will visit New-York with my mum and brother for several days, so that's super cool!

The best county for me would be England, not to travel to, but to live. I will be so happy if I would be able to live in London or Oxford, that's kind of my dream I guess. English is such a nice language and from what I've seen from England, the people are nice and friendly (though that might seem so because I was there as a tourist). Luckily, my study is quite internationally oriented, so I have the chance of getting a job in the Netherlands and then getting reassigned to the UK.

New Zealand and Australia also deserve an honourable mention, especially New Zealand. One day I will definitely go there

You're so lucky you get to visit two of the countries on your list! 

Ah, well, I've been to Greece once. Crete, more specifically. Now, those people don't really see themselves as part of Greece, but they are. That being said, I would love to go there again. Maybe on a different island next time around. I've been there for two weeks a few years back, and I had a lot of fun travelling through the landscape together with my father. I'm actually glad he isn't one of those people that like to sit in front of a pool all day, even though I would've prefered it back then. (I got forced, luckily.) ... I just.. like, wouldn't wanna.. visit the same hotel again. *cough* Then again, I still prefer Moorish wall geckos over mosquitoes in a hotel room, so that's that. It just was a bit scary to see it on the wall at night.

Another country I'd like to visit is the UK. Going there probably won't be that expensive, since thing I need is a room for myself and a bed. (Along with some kind of bathroom, preferably with a shower..) There probably is some kind of inn that can cover those basic needs. Although I must say that I'm not willing to go there for the country, but for the language. However, I have heard that the weather isn't that nice, and I consider that an issue.

I've been to France already, and I can't say it's a bad experience especially since I had a lot of fun with my classmates, but I don't think I'll have to go there again. I'm not too enthusiastic about big cities, so visiting Paris doesn't sound all too thrilling to me. And other than that. I don't think there's too much to see what I'm already having around here.

I've also visited Poland once, since we have family there. Though, we don't like them all too much, and I suppose that feeling is mutual. (My great grandmother considered me and my father filth, which is.. pretty funny, I guess. She had to be convinced to tolerate us around. In the end, it wasn't so bad. Still, she's one of those people I'd rather not see again.) Besides, my trip wasn't the most pleasant due to it being summer, and the fact that the pension was surrounded by a swamp on the one side, and three giant lakes on the other side. People who are familiar probably know the place that I visited. Warszawa, (Or Warsaw, for people that aren't familiar with Polish.) on the other hand, was a really nice city that I would like to visit again.

And, uhh.. yeah, perhaps I'm going to visit the Nether--.. I mean, Belgium one day, as I know a person from there. (Yes, you can mock people from Belgium by calling their country stuff such as "Pseudo-Netherlands", which is pretty funny.)

Mh, well.. Japan and the US seem really popular here, but I can't say I really want to visit either, just because of how expensive it would be. I also have a great fear of planes and heights in general, and taking a ferry would probably take a while. Think I'll stay in Europe for the rest of my life.. ^^

I have been saving up money to afford a vacation in the USA later this year, which is something I've been meaning to do for a whole while now. The last time I was in the country, I was so young that all I could say in English was my name and where I'm from. I'm looking forward to returning now, almost two decades later, when I'm able to properly communicate with people, move around on my own, and can really appreciate the places I'll visit.

Plus, I'm gonna meet up with awesome people!

But that aside, if I had to choose any other place... I have always wanted to go to Kamchatka, Russia. The place has a really interesting geography, especially for its volcanic activity, and I'd just love to spend some time seeing it all for myself. Maybe alone, because occasionally I very much enjoy exploring cool places at my own pace and without needing to worry about my company.

16 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

I'd take a trip to Germany. Why Germany? Because they have absolutely no sense of humor regarding WW2 and it'd be fun to see them try and play it off :P

We very much enjoy mocking Nazis. Nazis deserve ridicule. We just don't enjoy it when people think jokes about their crimes and victims are cool.

Don't worry, though. We're used to people trying to shock us with it, so we usually hide how embarrassed we are for them.

Good to see plenty of people wanting come to Australia. It is a nice place- you'll enjoy it. 

For me personally, I think seeing Canada, Germany and Spain could be interesting. I've already been to a lot of my top priorities, but they are countries that have always interested me that I haven't seen. 

Let's see.. probably European countries that I haven't visited most likely Greece, Iceland, Finland and Sweden.

Japan - because of culture, food and I want to see those cherry blossoms :]

Greenland - to see the glaciers and best Aurora Borealis

other countries would be Egypt and Madagascar

Let's see... I am very interested in learning more about the various cultures of the world. As such, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to go to Japan. I find the culture to be rather interesting, and the music really fills a void that modern music leaves in me. Aside from Japan, I would also like to visit Italy for the same reason: study the culture. Lastly, I would like to visit Venezuela. I understand that Venezuela is not currently going though the best of times, but hopefully things take a brighter turn in the future. It is my country of birth, yet I haven't been there in almost 17 years, so I've forgotten most of it. One day, I'd like to go there and see just what exactly my family means when they call Venezuela a beautiful country.

Edited by KuroCovers

Everyone wants to come to Aus :0

I have been before, and am going again on Monday but I love The United States of America. Most of my online friends are from there, and I get to go and see some of them again finally, but there's still a handful of people I want to go and meet, and one day I hopefully will be able to do so. On top of that there're so many things to do there it feels like you'd need forever to cover it all.

I would love to visit England. I feel like England would be a good place to go and visit and go see things at, and maybe investigate whether or not the Queen really is an immortal lizard alien shapeshifter. Just kidding. Still, it'd be a nice place to go to for sure.

Finally, I would like to go to Italy. It seems like an alright place I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, so many to choose from!!

First one isn't country specific, as I already live in England, but London! Visiting the tower of London is a lifelong dream of mine <3

Egypt, the valley of the kings! and even better if I could persuade someone to come inside a pyramid with me :D

Spain (even though Ive been more than once) because the Alhambra would be amazing to go and see, to walk where the great Isabella of Castile one lived would be AMAZING

21 minutes ago, NatJones said:

Spain (even though Ive been more than once) because the Alhambra would be amazing to go and see, to walk where the great Isabella of Castile one lived would be AMAZING

I've visited the Alhambra once when I was still in college (the thing before Uni?...)  and it was wonderful. The view you get from the city as well, really impressive. So yeah, I can really recommend it :) The city of Granada is beautiful too!

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

I've visited the Alhambra once when I was still in college (the thing before Uni?...) and it was wonderful. The view you get from the city as well, really impressive. So yeah, I can really recommend it :) The city of Granada is beautiful too!

I don't know. From a mathematical point of view it was a marvellous experience, it's a cosy and nice. But not too terribly breathtaking compared to other places in Spain. It doesn't help that Granada doesn't have many other places to visit outside the Alhambra. In case you're visiting Spain for the first time, I can recommend Barcelona as the better destination. 

Again, the Alhambra is great and a mathematical wonder that sadly too few people appreciate for all its glory. But Barcelona is hands down the more interesting place. 

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

I've visited the Alhambra once when I was still in college (the thing before Uni?...)  and it was wonderful. The view you get from the city as well, really impressive. So yeah, I can really recommend it :) The city of Granada is beautiful too!

Ohhh I'm SO jealous!! I've read various descriptions in books about Catherine of Aragon, but that's of what it would have looked like, and I suppose some of it is from the writers imagination

12 minutes ago, Tartar said:

I don't know. From a mathematical point of view it was a marvellous experience, it's a cosy and nice. But not too terribly breathtaking compared to other places in Spain. It doesn't help that Granada doesn't have many other places to visit outside the Alhambra. In case you're visiting Spain for the first time, I can recommend Barcelona as the better destination. 

Again, the Alhambra is great and a mathematical wonder that sadly too few people appreciate for all its glory. But Barcelona is hands down the more interesting place. 

Yes, I agree with you. Besides the Alhambra, there simply isn't that much to do in Granada. Like you said, Barcelona would be a better pick. I went there once too and I enjoyed it a lot. Probably more than I enjoyed Granada.

10 minutes ago, NatJones said:

Ohhh I'm SO jealous!! I've read various descriptions in books about Catherine of Aragon, but that's of what it would have looked like, and I suppose some of it is from the writers imagination

Aw, you can easily go visit Granada right? I mean, if you're from the UK then it's easily accessible, right? But seeing as you're so excited about it, I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time there. If you ever visit Granada, check out a hammam --> an Arabic bathhouse. You can completely relax and feel like a new person after having visited :) 

28 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

Aw, you can easily go visit Granada right? I mean, if you're from the UK then it's easily accessible, right? But seeing as you're so excited about it, I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time there. If you ever visit Granada, check out a hammam --> an Arabic bathhouse. You can completely relax and feel like a new person after having visited :) 

Yeah, its only a couple of hours flight, I think it would be something id do without my kids though, I doubt looking round a random palace would bore my eldest aha, Ooo Ill make sure to,things like that really interest me