Rebornian Mentions: Bibs (Presented by Cat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

Hey, everyone! Thanks for tuning into another edition of Rebornian Mentions! It’s been such a huge hit lately, that I’ve actually been overwhelmed with all the nominations of different members in our community. To help alleviate some of this, I’ve implemented a random list that picks who will be next for me. However, this will not mean that I won’t be doing nominations anymore. By all means, keep nominating! Those who are nominated will go into a nomination list to be picked by random. To keep things fair, I’ve also implemented plenty of other members into the list as well, so everyone has a chance to get in on some of this delicious action even if they haven’t been nominated yet. Ya’ll can be nominated by me :3

P.S. I know most of you were aware, but my antivirus freaked out on me while deflecting an actual virus attack, so I didn’t touch my computer for the last week out of fear, but there was nothing to be scared about tho. This was the reasoning for the delay for this week’s RM. Hopefully this won’t happen again, but my apologies for making you all wait for so long.

Cat Chat Blogs Presents:

Rebornian Mentions: Bibs/Toon Ojama

This week, Rebornian Mentions turns to Bibs who won the randomized lottery this week. Bibs was nominated by Felix, Arkhi, and Azeria. Somewhere in the northern Dutch area of Europe lives a wild Bibarel. This Belgian Bibarel gets by in life by doing some journalism as a profession and has a healthy diet consisting of Belgian fries and waffles. In his spare time, he likes to do a bit of gaming, mostly playing Pokemon and Fire Emblem, non-competitive tennis, and meme-ing.

6beed3f126f04c7383b97f64ad1283ea.png

An accurate picture of Bibs.

Who is Bibs?

Bibs has an interesting back story on how he even discovered Reborn. “(On) a bored Saturday, (I) was scrolling through the Google Play store, searching for ‘Pokemon’ and came across the Pokemon Online app, (and) downloaded it.” It was only by chance that Bibs had found Reborn’s server specifically. “I clicked on a server that didn’t have too many people, but also not too few people in it.” Bibs made himself comfortable in the chat server for a few months before finally deciding to make a profile on Reborn’s forums back in mid-2014.

Almost everything about Bibs’s life revolves around meme-ing. His favorite meme of all time so far is the ‘We Are Number One’ meme from the popular kid’s show LazyTown. The meme that came from the popular video came about because one of the actors, Robbie Rotten, was diagnosed with cancer. Someone had started a GoFundMe for Robbie to help him through his cancer treatment, and through that, people started sharing mashups of the song ‘We Are Number One.’ All the positive support for this guy helped him through his illness. “The reason I meme so much is because I see memes as something positive and light-hearted in life.” Robbie being a prime example of how memes can help people in difficult times. Some other memes that Bibs have introduced to our community include ‘What Happened to Dorcas’ and ‘guardian of nature’ from a horrible pokemon romhack. Bibbles begs us not to play it. “For the love of God, don’t.”

Life in Reborn

de785c1f418743a583312c318b46370f.png

The name’s Dorcas. Dorcas Dorcas.

Life in Reborn

One of Bibs’s favorite moment in Reborn was back when Arkhi told the story of the Great Gator War. “Gater Wars were basically Reborn vs Hostgator, but Arkhi would throw in some exaggerated/untrue parts and purposefully misspelled a lot.” Bib’s laughed so hard he died. He thought it was such a beautifully crafted story, that it made it to his number 1 favorable moment. Other favorites include the times when he hosted Hunger Games. He wants to host it more often, but just hasn’t been feeling it lately. But “I both curse and bless Zumi for introducing me to this” he says, probably shaking one fist violently while the other hand is throwing Holy Water everywhere.

If Bibs could go anywhere on the Rebornian timeline, he would enjoy going back to his first two weeks on the server. “I met this person named Shiney. We often joked around on the server, and at some point, eating cookies had become a running gag for us.” Thus, the clantag [COOKIE] was born, and several other members of the community got in on the joke. “I didn’t think the (joke) would last long, but six months later, people were still in the server with the clantag.” Alas, Bibs is the sole survivor of the Cookie clan today. Over time, members of the Cookie clan left, leaving Bibs to carry on the legacy.

dc3.jpg

An accomplishment Bibs has achieved with Reborn include “realizing having friends is not something useless in life, and realizing people can like me the way I am. Most importantly, the accomplishment of maturing and find a reason to live for.” Bibs continues, “so, thanks, Reborn, for helping me through the hell that was high school.” I can agree, Bibs. Reborn, never change to impress others. Only change if you know it benefits you and you only! Bibs loves Reborn because he feels he can be himself without reprimand. “I love being around because I know a good part of the (community) here likes me being around. A feeling I reciprocate. (Reborn) is the closest thing to a place I can call home and overall, the place I like to be at the most. I love you guys, guys.”

Reborn, the Game

Bibs has played the game, but he never made it past Serra. All other attempts were futile as they were abandoned after the first gym. “Oops.” Bibs remarks solemnly, “I guess I have a very short attention span.” But Reborn, the Game, isn’t the only ‘oops’ with Bibs. It’s not uncommon for Bibs to start a game, but put it down a few days later because some other game caught interest. He did mention that if it could be transferred to mobile, he could be more likely to play Reborn again. Within the game, Bib’s favorite moment ever is “every moment you beat Fern. FEELS GOOD.” He also enjoys Nuzlocking in Pokemon games because he can give Pokemon back stories.

Bibs Overall

Not only is Bib’s a great member in our community, his unique personality makes way for smiles and good times for those around him through memes. A very approachable person, Bibs is very open to chatting it up with everyone, even those who aren’t regulars yet. Which brings us to Bibs’s current goal and challenge; approaching new members of the community, even those who aren’t members yet. He also hopes to stay in the same exact position he’s already in now for as long as possible because he likes where he’s at. He wants to be “surrounded by cool people, really active, lotsa buddies c:” If you see Bibs around, be sure to throw some memes at him to say hi!

Bibs’s last thoughts: “I wish to share with Reborn that I’m going to kick Marcello’s ass into oblivion for the creation of ‘Thanks, Ojama.’ Thanks, Marcello.”

flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

Marcello's response. Probably.

A big thank you to Bibs for doing the interview with me!

If you have a Rebornian in mind for the next Rebornian Mentions, comment below or give a shout out in chat!

All images do not belong to me. Bibs’s picture was provided by Bibs, hacked by me. Dorcas was provided by Bibs. All other images provided by Google Images.

Edited by Miss Kitty

11 minutes ago, Miss Kitty said:

‘guardian of nature’ from a horrible pokemon romhack.

gaurdian

and the game is called Order And Chaos. Bibs is just trying to stop you from enjoying the Clowns :c

#JUSTICEFORNATU

• 3 weeks later...