Pokémon Eligentes Dev Blog.

PokeFailure

Pokémon Eligentes Chapter 1 : The story of Nemo

Precautionary Warning thingy: This is more or less just a jumble of notes I have, EVERYTHING is subject to change since the script is not Written and is currently being written I have no experience making a game so this will probably end up in me just failing to write a script and me realizing I can't do a Pokemon fan game. But still at the very least it'll be an intresting challenge and so don't get your hopes up since there is almost zero progress on this made.

The Game Premise: This will be an episodic story event with choices that the player can make to change the story (There will be 2 more or endings based on your choices) Eight overall episodes will be done the overall episode number is subject to change as is most of this little rant, this will be a Pokémon RPG with story elements and of courses the choices mechanic which will be the main attraction to this game. RPG Maker will be the engine, Scripting, coding, art and sprites will of course be used and I’ll have to learn those on the fly as I develop this game since I have no experience with any of those.

The Script: Before the game is going to be developed the script for the game will be written out and then the game will be developed, and if errors come up during development the script will undergo edits as needed and thus the script is subject to change as is the overall story I have no script writing experience so this will be the first big step.

The Main character: A protagonist that you will be allowed to make choices for and choose their name, A silent protagonist while useful for telling a story without much trouble, I'd like the character to become developed with the choices you make and for the player to feel weighed to the character because of the choices they made that gets them emotionally invested in the character.

The Pokémon: Obviously Pokémon will be used and the battle mechanics, features, Pokémon and items will be developed using existing (Free to use) assets and of course what I can build from scratch and make. I plan to do Gen seven and a majority of the Pokémon will be allowed to be caught, event Pokémon and special Pokémon will be allowed to get, some will be axed for OP reasons, some will be late game and some might not be involved at all.

The Friends/NPCs: Obviously there will be friends and NPCs you will be allowed to talk to and who will accompany you on your journey, These NPCs and friends might become your friends or enemies based on your choices. Some of these friends will be high ranking leaders of the Poke league.

The Rival(s): There will be a rival of course one who is not a total asshat for you to just hate and or to exist for plot related reasons, they will be relatable and have a close personal connection to the character.

The Gym Leaders: Obviously there will be Gym leaders because the story needs objectives, I considered getting rid of Gym Leaders but I couldn't really come up with a game mechanic you needed to progress the story without using Magoffin’s etc. So they will be featured, 8-12 gym leaders of various types and fleshed out backgrounds, some will join you on your journey and become friends others will impede your path.

The Elite Four: I considered scrapping the elite four as well but since gym leaders will appear, I figured the elite four will be featured as well and they will of course be given backgrounds and appear throughout the story as friends or enemies depending on your choices, some might not even choose to battle you in the elite four based on your choices.

The Villain:  Of course there will be a Villain(s) as well this Villain is still being developed but it's someone you won't discover the identity of until at least halfway through the game and will be a complex character that will make you wonder whether it was all worth it.

The Story Arc: The short of it is you are a teenager Aged (16-19) who is forced to go on a Pokémon journey, how you were forced will be figured out as the script is written and the game is developed, the story will be your classic Pokémon game but with quite a few twists and interesting things. This game will get Philosophical at many points and probably pretentious as well given that's just how video games go at times.

Features: These are heavily subject to change as is everything else but the basics will be included,  I plan to add  Romance options, Friendship meter (I.E You do something someone’s likes +1 to your friendship you do something bad -1) A tournament of some sort separate from the main story, along with of course the choices that make this game separate from many other pokemon games. I plan to make at least 30+ Hours of playable content and since this will be an episodic format things will of course take a while to get done. 

Development Time: I expect this will take 3 months to write the script considering I have zero script writing experience and I'll have to re-write it several times or change many things and then the development of the game will take at least 2 years or longer, The first episode where I have to learn everything about making a video game from scratch will probably take the longest since I have to build the world and learn everything.

Fan Suggestions: Obviously since I have no experience making a game at all, Help is welcome and suggestions from Fans are encouraged and will more than likely make it into the game (Ex: You will have your own Easter Egg, Appear in the credits among other things) As for people who want to contribute, As much as I'd love help on what figures to be an enormous project that I still have to figure out the script and until actual progress is made on figuring out what I can do game development and script wise and make sure this isn't a total waste of my and your time please be wary of this game. Advice is much appreicated and I'll definitely listen to anything anyone has to say (PMs exist for a reason) 

Anyway thanks for reading - Not really a developer yet but I'm trying, Pokefailure.

Edited by PokeFailure
It was a wall of text

For one, you could give to us the general plot of the game (or simply a gist of what to expect. 

It could go like this:

You are a teenager in the (blank) Region and your goal is to.... so on and so forth.

Also, you can show us the features in a more detailed manner.

While normally I don't comment on this stuff, you have a lot of fluff that pretty much grinds down to:

-It's a game with 8 gym leaders and an E4 (though I didn't want to include those)

-It follows the generic Pokemon design layout

-I don't actually know how to make this game

I suggest gathering your bearings and heavily edit this thread to tell us what exactly this game is and perhaps show us anything you've worked on so far. Most of what you said is just basic knowledge stuff which well anyone interested probably already knows it. As for the whole not using gyms or E4, it's actually very easy to do as it merely only requires you to not use a certain script. Speaking of scripting, base essentials has all the barebone requirements to create a game so unless you plan on adding anything feature wise (relationship points is NOT part of this), it would be wise to remove that section. But basically, do a bit of homework and research how to make a game, then come back and better flesh out this post to give us a better understanding of what your game is.