Fire Emblem Hurt and Heal: Awakening

HughJ

Inspired by ICSW's Pokemon Leaders Hurt and Heal

Although I know the classic community is strong with these forums, to mix in the casual / newer audience I think it'd be best to start with 13: Fire Emblem Awakening

Furthermore because there are so many characters per game, I'll break them up into groups and then do a playoff at the end to determine the champion of Fire Emblem 13

Then we'll either move backwards to the FE 1/2/12 cast or forwards to Fates depending on popularity and the votes of the people

The groups are as follows (using English names):

Heroes 1: Chrom, Male Robin, Female Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Stahl

Heroes 2: Vaike, Miriel, Sumia, Kellam, Donnel, Lon'qu, Ricken, Maribelle

Heroes 3: Panne, Gaius, Cordelia, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, Tharja, Anna

Heroes 4: Olivia, Cherche, Henry, Say'ri, Tiki, Basilio, Flavia

Children 1: Lucina, Owain, Inigo, Brady, Kjelle, Severa, Jerome,

Children 2: Male Morgan, Female Morgan, Yarne, Laurent, Cynthia, Noire, Nah

Bonus characters / NP Allies: Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Aversa, Priam, Phila, Naga

(Notable) Enemies: Raimi, Validar, Mustafa, Vasto, Excellus, Victor, Vincent, Cervantes, Pheros

Let me know if you feel there's a character missing, but unless there are any diehard Maiden or Hierarch fans out there I think I've got them all

Every character death will be given a brief obituary and portrait by yours truly and others are encouraged to join in

DEATHS (AWAKENING)

Let the games begin!

Chrom: 20

Male Robin: 20

Female Robin: 20

Lissa: 20

Frederick: 20

Sully: 20

Virion: 20

Stahl: 20

Edited by HughJ

The classic community might be strong with this forum but I'm not sure how many of them (or how many FE fans at all) will drop by here to play. Assuming you do want to go through more than just Awakening we all might be dead before this is finished tbh. To speed it up you might want to run each bracket simultaneously using 8 different spoilers per post or something like that. Ah well, may as well get us started.

Heal Stahl, hurt Chrom

Chrom: 18

Virion: 20

Stahl: 21

30 minutes ago, Sheep said:

The classic community might be strong with this forum but I'm not sure how many of them (or how many FE fans at all) will drop by here to play. Assuming you do want to go through more than just Awakening we all might be dead before this is finished tbh. To speed it up you might want to run each bracket simultaneously using 8 different spoilers per post or something like that. Ah well, may as well get us started.

I was thinking about that but I figured it'd be too much to keep track of.

Maybe dropping the values from 20 to 10?

Chrom: 18

Frederick: 21

Virion: 18

Stahl: 21

Hurt Chrom, Heal Female Robin

Chrom: 14

Female Robin: 22

Frederick: 19

Stahl: 22

I was gonna go with Chrom, but I can already see he won't last very long...

Edited by Animefan666

I used to run HnH's on a Fire Emblem forum, we did +5 heal and -3 hurt and the time restriction wasn't as strict or long as 24 hours. I would recommend going from Awakening -> Fates, since like Sheep said, I don't know if there are that many ~classic~ fans on this forum. I don't think that grouping them up the way you did is the best method to divide the heroes, simply because some groups will have more popular characters than others, and some groups might have total duds . . . but I guess that's up to you.

19 hours ago, Kim said:

I used to run HnH's on a Fire Emblem forum, we did +5 heal and -3 hurt and the time restriction wasn't as strict or long as 24 hours. I would recommend going from Awakening -> Fates, since like Sheep said, I don't know if there are that many ~classic~ fans on this forum. I don't think that grouping them up the way you did is the best method to divide the heroes, simply because some groups will have more popular characters than others, and some groups might have total duds . . . but I guess that's up to you.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I might cut the HP of the next group in half to keep things moving faster, but for now I'd say the pace seems fine.

Chrom: 12
Female Robin: 22
Sully: 18
Stahl: 23

You guys really don't like Chrom huh

Why all this support for Stahl? He's probably the most unremarkable character I've ever seen in a Fire Emblem game, and he's on a team with Kellam

Hurt Sully, Heal Frederick

Chrom: 8
Female Robin: 24
Sully: 16
Stahl: 23

13 hours ago, HughJ said:

Why all this support for Stahl? He's probably the most unremarkable character I've ever seen in a Fire Emblem game, and he's on a team with Kellam

Pretty sure it's just me voting for Stahl, but to answer your question have you ever actually used him? Or read his support convos? The guy is the biggest bro in the entire Fire Emblem franchise hands down. He has growths like a General but 7 movement unpromoted, which means he outclasses Kellam pretty much from the get go, and he grows much easier than Frederick, meaning that overall he's one of the best options Awakening players have for a high Def unit. Off the battlefield he is the nicest, most genuine character in the entire game, just because he isn't way over the top like Tharja or Owain doesn't make him an unremarkable character in the slightest, it just makes him more relatable.

Heal Stahl, hurt Chrom

Chrom: 4

Female Robin: 25

Sully: 16

Stahl: 24

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm...sorry, everyone... Leave me... Save yourselves...if you can...

Goodnight, sweet Prince Chrom. For your heroic and leaderly qualities, you will be remembered fondly by everyone; except, of course, any of Lucina's siblings, who may have just become walking paradoxes. Who'd have thought you'd be the first to go? Maybe Tharja, thanks to your awkwardly assertive (b)romance with Robin. As it turns out, the biggest obstacle of all wasn't Validar, Grima, or even yourself... it was your popularity. You didn't even get into Smash. You know who did? Pac-man. The spherical yellow bastard hasn't seen a notable title since the 80's. Maybe an animate 7/8s of a cheese wheel is just generally more memorable than another Marth clone...

Female Robin: 27

Frederick: 22

Sully: 14

Stahl: 24