Which Pokemon Reborn character you think is closest to your personality

Rainlove

Cal, alway's having to proof himself because he's in the shadow of his broter. I always have to proof myself because I have autism and work a ittle slower. he has anger problems he's coping with, same here.

20 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

i'm really not sure, but i'm thinking maybe ame? idk, what do you guys think

How would you describe the relationship between yourself and Amethyst, the character in Reborn? Is she an author avatar, alter ego or perhaps just another character with no relation to yourself?

And Kurotsune would definitely be Lin. Because they're both tsundere

Edited by Tartar

24 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

i'm really not sure, but i'm thinking maybe ame? idk, what do you guys think

(this is a cool topic tho. nice job.)

Are you really that passive? Letting people die in your organisation while knowing you have the power to change things?

Well for me. I would like to think Corey.

@Amethyst oh lord, lmao. That epic sarcasm shows you have at least a tinge of Charlotte in you somewhere.

As for me, I'll list a few off that I currently ID with:

Cal and/or Bennett; because while I've made questionable choices in the past (and probably still a bit now), I scarcely even recognize myself as the same human being I was two years ago. My outlook and priorities have done a 180 -- rather than immersing myself in feelings, I focus instead on what is tangible, real, and actually able to be controlled.

Florinia; because I similarly managed to purge my emotional attachments to people after letting myself get hurt one too many times. Ofc it's to a lesser extent (I don't talk like a robot), but the parallel is still there.

Noel; because of his pragmatism and general composure.

Corey; because of his pragmatism and relative cynicism.

Charlotte; because of her pragmatism, incurable snark, and the fact that she has a tough personality that was built upon loss. If I had to pick an individual character, I'm more similar to her than I am to the rest.

Taka; because he's indecisive, lazy, and almost indifferent. Oh, and his dad is a bad influence.

Edited by WujiKyurem

I'm probably a mix between Noel and Taka. Noel because of his logical way of approaching things and that he's a bit of a pessimist and Taka because of his laziness, indecisiveness, laid back attitude and indifference to things.

Edited by Farnsworth

Orderly John, the hidden mastermind.

Spoiler

On a side note, once I`ve read an article about how avatars (and characters in such topic too, I guess) we choose are who we WANT to be, not who we truly are, or even not how we want to be seen. For example, many people would want to be like Charlotte: strong personality, sassy and witty, making her own way, etc. Ofc it is not that simple, and it got exceptions, like, in-game Ame, even if subconsciously upgraded a little bit in a way how real Ame would want to be, her image is distorted by the fact she eventually wanted to remove her from the game, and, well, she made herself, technically she haven`t ''chosen'' any character. So the rule doesnt apply to her, as well as we could find more in more original replies, like @Ice Cream Sand Witch`s, or elaborated, like @WujiKyurem`s. But I`m not psychologist and dont want to spoil the fun, so continue, it may turn out interesting and funny

But not humorously, I would choose Solaris, for many reasons. Maybe Corey, for another. I`m pretty much sure some people would say I got traits of Sirius, too (those cringe-worthy puns I sense here...). On a second thought, maybe Archer, the gang leader.

Wow, this one's a tough question that I've never really found a 100% satisfying answer to in the past.

I find it ridiculously easy to say who is closest to the person I used to be - it's Zero. I can see a lot of my younger self in his character. Being stubborn and confrontational and letting my feelings of the moment control my actions and treatment of others was a huge problem that took me a long time to get a grip on. But at the same time, I miss being as straightforward and open about my opinions. There was a time in my life where I wasn't the doormat I am now, hah.

I've been very openly emotional and always had a hard time figuring out how to appropriately communicate my feeling to others, or understanding when it was best to keep them to myself.

There's also the unfortunate fact that for how dear my few friends were to me, I was often unnecessarily mean towards them. Good lord, my people skills fucking sucked.

But as for currently... I'm really not sure? Somewhere along the way I lost a lot of that, and now struggle with standing up for myself or being honest about my feelings.

I often let people walk all over me in order to avoid conflict. I'd rather avoid fights at all costs, even if I'm being wronged, even if the other person deserves to be confronted. I think I can relate to characters like Shelly or Lumi that way.

A lot of my thoughts and feelings towards other people stay hidden now; I've learned a huge deal about how to be more appreciative and affectionate, but at the cost of being too scared to hurt people to be able to call them out on problems, even privately.

My approach to problems has turned into a big ol' game of "maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away".

I guess maybe it's also a bit of Taka; I know what I want to and should be doing, but I never actually take the initiative and change anything about all the stuff that bothers me. I would probably have a much easier time creating the life I wish to have, if only I acted. I'm very good at reflecting on myself and my issues, but absolutely terrible at actually dealing with and correcting them.

Now that I think about it, I don't think matching the personality of a character in Reborn is a good thing.

Most have profound psychological issues and deep traumas that hinder them as characters. Not really something to aspire to nor admire... Makes you wonder why Ame chose to write a story about such flawed characters. 

1 minute ago, Tartar said:

Now that I think about it, I don't think matching the personality of a character in Reborn is a good thing.

Most have profound psychological issues and deep traumas that hinder them as characters. Not really something to aspire to nor admire... Makes you wonder why Ame chose to write a story about such flawed characters. 

Because stories about characters with no flaws and no struggles wouldn't be as engaging. I a character loses or gains nothing, never changes throughout the story, has nothing to learn and nothing to confront, personally I'd find that incredibly boring.

I would much rather read about flawed characters, so that I may root for and feel for them, so that I may relate to them or despise them, or anything that rouses my emotions.

Real people are flawed. Real people aren't embodiments of virtue and righeousness and moral goodness. We've all got issues and depending on whose eyes we're seen through, different facets of ourselves will seem good or bad.

I want to see that in characters, too.

Fiction is a way to explore ideas and concepts in a way that's not limited by reality.

We can give characters the lives that we'll never have, whether that's a good or a bad thing. We can process parts of our own lives through characters. Sometimes we find ourselves in them because the things they struggle with or are passionate about or dream of are things that we, too, feel the same way about. Sometimes we find characters admirable because of certain traits or accomplishments - just as we may find a real person admirable for such things.

I find stories about characters who are dealing with trauma and psychological issues to be very engaging and often uplifting.

As someone who is dealing with such issues, I'd much rather see characters trying to pick up the broken pieces of themselves and putting things back together, than to read the story of someone who always achieved their goals, always succeeds at first try, never did wrong, never made mistakes.

I find it especially wonderful when I can find characters I relate to strongly, and then read about the ways they work for and earn their happy ending. It gives me hope. That maybe, my own story is going to end well, too. Despite everything that happens.

8 minutes ago, ZEL said:

Because stories about characters with no flaws and no struggles wouldn't be as engaging. I a character loses or gains nothing, never changes throughout the story, has nothing to learn and nothing to confront, personally I'd find that incredibly boring.

I beg to disagree. It very much depends on the focus of the work. In fact, I'd say the majority of literary works and most people in real life are without the types of flaws present in Reborn's characters. 

In fact, many of the greatest literary works of all time include characters without deep flaws, as the flawed hero is itself a relatively new invention. 

I would much rather read about flawed characters, so that I may root for and feel for them, so that I may relate to them or despise them, or anything that rouses my emotions.

Real people are flawed. Real people aren't embodiments of virtue and righeousness and moral goodness. We've all got issues and depending on whose eyes we're seen through, different facets of ourselves will seem good or bad.

I want to see that in characters, too.

I can't speak for the types of people you've met that have made you come to such a realization, but if I were to tell you that my experiences with different people have convinced me of the opposite view of people you see, with most people being inherently good and without major flaws, you'd probably not believe me. So, for now, let's agree to disagree on this point. 

I find stories about characters who are dealing with trauma and psychological issues to be very engaging and often uplifting.

As someone who is dealing with such issues, I'd much rather see characters trying to pick up the broken pieces of themselves and putting things back together, than to read the story of someone who always achieved their goals, always succeeds at first try, never did wrong, never made mistakes.

I find it especially wonderful when I can find characters I relate to strongly, and then read about the ways they work for and earn their happy ending. It gives me hope. That maybe, my own story is going to end well, too. Despite everything that happens.

Pardon me for saying this, I don't think you actually like reading about flawed characters as you claim, but instead how flawed characters come to grips with their flaws and seek to improve their flaws.

Personally, I despise reading about miserable people who through inaction or their flaws create misery for themselves and those around them. Case in point, when I read Crime and Punishment the main character made me feel incredible discomfort and disgust at how flawed he was as an individual. Despite possessing incredible mental faculties and great people around him who desire to help him, his own self-destructive tendencies warped sense of morality compelled him to act in ways to hurt himself and those around him over and over. And after reading how he ruins his own life, and nearly drags his family down with him, he never once surpasses or overcomes his flaws (in fact, he never even tries :(). 

Perhaps, you do in fact enjoy these types of characters, but every time I've stumbled upon reading self-destructive characters, or characters with no redeeming value, I've never been able to enjoy reading about them. Sure classical heroes always have a tragic flaw which is supposed to make them more relatable (case in point, classical Greek and Roman works), but for the most part, these serve as plot devices rather than as actual flaws. In fact, 

I'm very happy that you find so much value in reading misery and suffering. But like you stated yourself, you don't like these aspects in and of themselves, but since they serve as vehicles to show how character better themselves and improve. In the end, I doubt anyone likes to read about flawed characters who remain flawed until the end. 

I'd probably be that one youngster in the Grand Hall who has a team made entirely of shiny Squirtles/their evolutions. If I were in a universe like this, there would be no way my team would be serious, so why not make a Meme team. And somehow have the ability to Mega Evolve my Pokemon.

If I were really in Reborn, I'd probably abandon the city after the first terrorist attach though.