tips/help to beat the steelix in tanzan mountain

frezze

Your team should be fine, especially with Blaziken. Luxray and magneton could be used to drop Steelix's attack with intimidate and screech respectively, if you have the ability/move. You can also use reflect from meowstic as well to further lower Steelix's attack. I would personally use all my other pokemon first and then use blaziken to finish it off. You might want to go to the move tutor and get Blaziken to learn flare blitz so you have a more powerful fire type move.

14 minutes ago, Mint3kool said:

Your team should be fine, especially with Blaziken. Luxray and magneton could be used to drop Steelix's attack with intimidate and screech respectively, if you have the ability/move. You can also use reflect from meowstic as well to further lower Steelix's attack. I would personally use all my other pokemon first and then use blaziken to finish it off. You might want to go to the move tutor and get Blaziken to learn flare blitz so you have a more powerful fire type move.

It can work, but Steelix at that level is faster so you have to slow it down. Golem with Sturdy and using Bulldoze can make it easier for you to setup.

If you only have those 6 pokemon in team rotation, then you need to get more ASAP (specially since you have 2 electrics in there; which, btw, are useless vs Steelix).

So, if you are REALLY cheap, you can Destiny Bond / Perish Song the Steelix as I did (the Carvanha i got from team Aqua had Destiny Bond as egg move).

If not, you can get a Graveler/Golem with Sturdy and Bulldoze him on your 1st turn: not only it's SE, but it'll slow Steelix down enough so that he'll attack last vs all your other pokemon.

1 hour ago, Maltor said:

If you only have those 6 pokemon in team rotation, then you need to get more ASAP (specially since you have 2 electrics in there; which, btw, are useless vs Steelix).

So, if you are REALLY cheap, you can Destiny Bond / Perish Song the Steelix as I did (the Carvanha i got from team Aqua had Destiny Bond as egg move).

If not, you can get a Graveler/Golem with Sturdy and Bulldoze him on your 1st turn: not only it's SE, but it'll slow Steelix down enough so that he'll attack last vs all your other pokemon.

i also have pashirisu, kricketot, pichu, spoink, growlithe, pansear, loudred, lopunny(switched out with a carvanha), azurill, ponyta, magneton, two vanillite and a shiny onix

3 hours ago, frezze said:

i also have pashirisu, kricketot, pichu, spoink, growlithe, pansear, loudred, lopunny(switched out with a carvanha), azurill, ponyta, magneton, two vanillite and a shiny onix

What i meant wasn't just captured pokemon, but TRAINED pokemon (that's what "in rotation" means).

Since you listed two electric types in your team, that tells me you are only training those 6 pokemon, otherwise there'd be another type in the team.

Reborn aims for you to have more than 6 pokemon "in rotation", as opposed to official games where you pretty much wouldn't change the main team at all. So I recommend you (and not just for the Steelix battle) to train other pokemon up to a battling level, with types you don't have in rotation yet (probably should start with water, ground and dark).

7 hours ago, Alextron said:

It can work, but Steelix at that level is faster so you have to slow it down. Golem with Sturdy and using Bulldoze can make it easier for you to setup.

That Steelix will be faster only if it has been EV trained 180 points in speed, give or take a little depending on IV's of the two pokemon, and assuming it is a regular steelix. At the moment, I am not inclined to believe that it has been given EV's, especially not EV's in speed which are wasted on a Steelix. So a level 54 Blaziken will beat Steelix in terms of speed just fine.

2 hours ago, Mint3kool said:

That Steelix will be faster only if it has been EV trained 180 points in speed, give or take a little depending on IV's of the two pokemon, and assuming it is a regular steelix. At the moment, I am not inclined to believe that it has been given EV's, especially not EV's in speed which are wasted on a Steelix. So a level 54 Blaziken will beat Steelix in terms of speed just fine.

I don't think there's an issue with Blaziken outspeeding the Steelix, but for the rest of the team to do it.

IIRC your lvl cap at this fight is 55 with steelix being 20 lvls over that, so it's highly unlikely for Blaziken to OHKO him, and (not too sure about this) Steelix has Earthquake, which will annihilate Blaziken. So, either you should have another pokemon capable of outspeeding the lvl 75 Steelix, or you slow him down.

56 minutes ago, Maltor said:

I don't think there's an issue with Blaziken outspeeding the Steelix, but for the rest of the team to do it.

IIRC your lvl cap at this fight is 55 with steelix being 20 lvls over that, so it's highly unlikely for Blaziken to OHKO him, and (not too sure about this) Steelix has Earthquake, which will annihilate Blaziken. So, either you should have another pokemon capable of outspeeding the lvl 75 Steelix, or you slow him down.

True, I wasn't trying to imply that Blaziken would OHKO. I think Noivern, Luxray, and Leavanny should all be able to do some chip damage to steelix since they are all faster. My hope was to use the stacked attack drops on steelix so that later pokemon (blaziken in particular) might be able to get off more than one attack.

Edited by Mint3kool