Need pokemons for your team and what moveset should they have? Try copying others

Traeneren

I know this is a kind of noobish way of strategy, but it might be interesting to people who might not be the best at coming up with a plan or simply trying something new. Since I know a lot of people who haven't been playing Pokemon further than generation 3 and for those ( including myself) who doesn't know any of the new Pokemon's from Sun and Moon, there have been some meta changes from generation to generation, and simply just using your starter Pokemon to clear the entire elite four doesn't really work too well in Pokemon Reborn. 

So the plan is quite simple. Go to online battles and use a Ditto to use transform.

The idea is to simply understand what moveset works well in Pokemon Reborn and learn how to improve it. I haven't tried it myself. So I'm curious to see if it work, so please let me know :)

P.S: Please be gentle, it's my first time posting (*>w<*)

Okay, I get where you're coming from. However, let me just list down some problems with this:

1. Not everyone online is a battling ace. You could possibly pick up a gimmicky moveset that doesn't work so well.

2. EVs and IVs. Those things can drastically alter the role of a Pokémon.

3. Individual player styles. What good is a moveset if you don't know how to use it? Some people work well with certain styles (all-out offense, status conditions, entry hazards, etc.)

4. The nature of this game means that no single moveset is guaranteed effectiveness. It also depends heavily on the Pokémon you have.

Ultimately, this all depends on a player's personal decision-making so if I were you, I'd build my own movesets to adapt to my style.

HOWEVER, I'm not saying this won't work, I'm just saying you have to think real hard about the movesets you'll decide to use. If you find one that you like, then go for it.

I know this was kind of a biased strategy, but I thought it would be worth sharing.
I personally don't know much about EV's and IV's except what I have learned by playing Pokemon Go, that includes nature as well.

I have completed generation 1 to 5 and I have gotten all the current badges in Reborn, so I don't consider myself bad at Pokemon, but whenever I try to battle others in Reborn it usually doesn't end well for me.

I have tried getting stronger Pokemons for my party with high average stats and great offensive moves, but it doesn't seem to work. 

Well you can search on the net a good startegy that fit you for pokemons you like, but i think the most important is to know what your opponet will do and for that you need to battle and see what usually people do in x situation with x pokemon and/or against x pokemon

evs, ivs and nature are not really that necesary in the ingame cuz the characters don't have perfect pkmn in that metter, also a IA is really easy to read and know what will do next but if you fight with someone that have perfect iv, ev train and good nature their pokemons will be more strong than yours the 31 ev add 31 to that stat at lvl 100, 252 ev add 63 to that stat at any level and nature i think it add 25 (not sure) at any level, and they will probably have a item that incress their power/speed/def like life orb or asaault vest or that fit they strategy and make it stronger like a tank pokemon with leftover that use toxic/leech seed and protect/recover

11 hours ago, Arkiel said:

Well you can search on the net a good startegy that fit you for pokemons you like, but i think the most important is to know what your opponet will do and for that you need to battle and see what usually people do in x situation with x pokemon and/or against x pokemon

evs, ivs and nature are not really that necesary in the ingame cuz the characters don't have perfect pkmn in that metter, also a IA is really easy to read and know what will do next but if you fight with someone that have perfect iv, ev train and good nature their pokemons will be more strong than yours the 31 ev add 31 to that stat at lvl 100, 252 ev add 63 to that stat at any level and nature i think it add 25 (not sure) at any level, and they will probably have a item that incress their power/speed/def like life orb or asaault vest or that fit they strategy and make it stronger like a tank pokemon with leftover that use toxic/leech seed and protect/recover

Nature adds 10% to the positive stat and detracts 10% from the negative stat. Also Terra's claydoll had 252 spdef evs so for perfectness it wouldn't surprise me if they were.