Weather

SilentMetagross

In the previous episode (episode 15) weather changed day by day. In the current version, weather is supposed to vary region by region, and change every 8 hours iirc. However, it doesn't work properly, and you often get stuck with the same weather for extended periods of time. Some members have been able to change the weather by changing the date and time on their computer, but I personally haven't been able to do so. 

TL; DR -  weather is broken right now

3 minutes ago, SilentMetagross said:
  • sigh well guess imma have to continue on and find a different electric type, things for the info guys

I would honestly recomend this mod for purposes like this.  Aside from a cosmetic change with how TMX's are handled, the only purpose is to change the weather.  No other effects on gameplay or real chance of messing with your save file.  You can either re-roll the weather or change it manually.  It's the easiest way to get event Pokemon that rely on weather, since weather is either slightly bugged or horrendously broken, depending on the user.

8 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

I can't get the weather mod to trigger events. It seems that though you may change the weather, it's only real use is weather effects in battle.

I see.  I had to install it to get rid of the rain that plagued me for three weeks straight (and now, to help with weather lag).  I haven't tried it myself, so I would just advise Silent to try it and maybe it will work for him.

There is also the option of reverting to episode 15 for better weather control.

Edited by seki108

35 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I see.  I had to install it to get rid of the rain that plagued me for three weeks straight (and now, to help with weather lag).  I haven't tried it myself, so I would just advise Silent to try it and maybe it will work for him.

There is also the option of reverting to episode 15 for better weather control.

worked for me, hope it does for you guys too.

8 hours ago, seki108 said:

Aside from a cosmetic change with how TMX's are handled, the only purpose is to change the weather.

I'd like to point out that the .ini file currently included in the mod can be edited to disable its components, if you don't like them. :P

8 hours ago, Animefan666 said:

I can't get the weather mod to trigger events. It seems that though you may change the weather, it's only real use is weather effects in battle.

Which event are you tring to get? Are you sure its other requirements are satisfied?

Ok you got your solutions, I just want to clarify: as Ame and the other devs have written in a great number of threads, and in the changelog of E16, in this new episode weather works by cycles. Each cycle is predefined and lasts 5 days, with weather slightly changing every 8 hours, also depending on your location. So if for example you have really Sunny days, this won't bè likely to change until the cycle is finished. With this being said, It has been reported that this system is broken, and seems like it's impossibile to get windy weather.