Ideas about Fairy type in Rejuvenation

• Global Mods

These are just a gathering of thoughts I had. They don't really lead to a conclusion right now. The first part of this is about why Fairy types are immune to becoming shadow Pokemon, and the second part is about Nancy and the Fairy leader. 

We've known for a while that Fairy types have resistance to the shadowfication process. Also, Fairy is the only type that resists shadow. We haven't been told why that is yet, but I think it could have something to do with Xerneas. 

Xerneas is Rejuvenation's icon for the Game file that runs the game when you click on it, which probably indicates Xerneas will have some kind of role in the story. Madame X has Yveltal, which along with Xerneas is part of the XYZ trio. Team Xen has been creating shadow Pokemon. If Xerneas has something to do with why Fairy types don't become shadow Pokemon, it's possible Yveltal has something to do with how Team Xen is making them. Xerneas and Yveltal represent the "creation and destruction" trope. Resisting and purifying darkness sounds like something Xerneas could do, and shadow Pokemon know nothing except destruction. 

My hyopthesis is that Xerneas is the first legendary we'll obtain. In Jan's AMA thread last year, he said there'll be an episode in between the last gym and the league that will be story-focused. I think this is when we'll have the final battle with Madame X, and we'll get Xerneas either just before the battle or just after the battle. From a story perspective, just before makes sense for a Xerneas vs Yveltal showdown, but from a gameplay perspective, just after makes sense as Xerneas annihilates all of Madame X's Pokemon except Volcarona. Or maybe Xerneas will be involved in this part of the game, but not in relation to us obtaining it. Madame X does say she's more powerful than all of her Pokemon combined, so maybe the player needs to defeat her Pokemon, then Xerneas needs to defeat her directly. Maybe Xerneas and Yveltal are also representative of a light and shadow. The light prophecy mentions a strongest light (which is probably the player), so maybe Xerneas is for the strongest light and Yveltal is for the strongest shadow. 

In the Xen lab when you free the Mime Jr., Keta says almost all the Pokemon that resist the process are Fairy type or "have the Fairy type gene". This is where Xerneas comes in with that. Maybe Xerneas is the first Fairy type, and all Fairy type Pokemon have some of Xerneas's DNA. I also find it interesting that Keta made a distinction between being Fairy type and having the Fairy gene, but it's possible the latter just means dual-type Pokemon, like how Jigglypuff is Normal and Fairy. 

On to part 2. Nancy, our mom and supposedly a doll, is a Fairy trainer. I once had a thought that it would be cool if there was a vacant position for Fairy leader she could take (since we don't know who the Fairy leader is currently), but I knew when thinking that it was extremely unlikely for reasons. But she did tell Nastasia "I know he's done that with other models" when explaining why she can't fix the machine in Blacksteeple (she actually sabotaged the machine on purpose, but that's beside the point). We don't know who the "he" is that programs these models, and I doubt it's anyone in Team Xen. Geara and Neved don't seem like inventors, and while Zetta can create Dimensional Rifts I doubt that has anything to do with manufacturing human dolls. If anyone in Team Xen could do it it'd probably be Nastasia, but this doll creator was mentioned as a "he" (which also rules out Madame X and Madelis). 

I think the doll creator could either be Vitus/Indriad, or the Fairy leader. The name Indriad called Maria by is Marianette, which sounds close to marionette. A marionette is a puppet. This could mean that Marianette is another of these dolls who developed feelings like Nancy, although this would mean he had to have tricked Anathea into thinking she was their biological child. If this is true, considering Melia has some connection to Maria, it's possible she's one of them too and doesn't know it, which would explain why some people like Kreiss think there's something off about her. Maybe these dolls are immune to being sacrificed too.

Alternatively, if it's the Fairy leader, which I considered since Nancy is a Fairy trainer and fairies could be associated with dolls, I think the Fairy leader is the last Gym Leader we'll face. 

Maybe both are true and Indriad could be the Fairy leader (Maria has the move Fairy Beam and her field boosts Fairy IIRC), but he doesn't really seem like a trainer at all to me. He said something to Anathea about how he heard Pokemon were dangerous. I don't remember the exact dialogue, but it made it sound like he's not usually around Pokemon himself (except for the Gardevoir). 

So yeah, this is just a collection of thoughts. Maybe all of this is completely wrong, but I thought it was fun to think about. 

This is the most interesting theory I've heard. Indriad could be the Fairy type leader since Marianette does have an Arceus-like field and theoretically, Fairy types are pure as they cannot change into Shadow Pokemon, thus be destructive versions of themselves. I could also be wrong, too.

Since Nancy is a doll, does that mean the protagonist is also a doll (since they are Nancy's child)? It would explain that we are a light not made of man.
On a kinda unrelated note, I've noticed that the Gardevoir has a similar color scheme as Madame X (which could not just be a coincidence). What do you make of that?

hmm I thought Nancy was an elite 4 member tbh, and your theory about dolls is interesting, but then that would mean that we aren't Nancy's real child right? Also don't forget about the Melia-Maria-Marionette-Madame X theory, they could literally all be the same person lol

Edited by Milotic

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, Winter Angel said:

This is the most interesting theory I've heard. Indriad could be the Fairy type leader since Marianette does have an Arceus-like field and theoretically, Fairy types are pure as they cannot change into Shadow Pokemon, thus be destructive versions of themselves. I could also be wrong, too.

Since Nancy is a doll, does that mean the protagonist is also a doll (since they are Nancy's child)? It would explain that we are a light not made of man.
On a kinda unrelated note, I've noticed that the Gardevoir has a similar color scheme as Madame X (which could not just be a coincidence). What do you make of that?

I don't believe we're a doll. Crescent and Madame X commented how it's unusual for a doll like Nancy to feel emotion, but mentioned nothing about the player feeling it. Crescent also tells Nancy she wants to see the player smile. If we were a doll, she wouldn't have thought that would be possible for us. 

I don't think the Gardevoir is connected to Madame X. When Kanon was infiltrating the meeting between Indriad, Gardevoir, and the maids, he said the masked woman (presumably Madame X) told him these people would bring the destruction of the world. I think Madame X and those associated with Indriad's cult are enemies. 

I think the Gardevoir could belong to Crescent, as she was able to speak through her Gothitelle and seems to be a Psychic-type trainer. Or it could be like the Braixen that could speak from Blakeory technology. I think the latter or a completely different possibility is more likely than Crescent though. Gardevoir is explicitly sinister while Crescent just seems ambiguous right now, and I doubt Crescent would like Indriad any more than she does Team Xen. She seems like a "chaotic good" character. 

8 minutes ago, Milotic said:

hmm I thought Nancy was an elite 4 member tbh, and your theory about dolls is interesting, but then that would mean that we aren't Nancy's real child right?

We don't really know if the dolls can reproduce, but if we're part of the "not born of man" light prophecy, it would make sense if Nancy did give birth to us. 

Crescent does seem to have some kind of maternal instincts towards us, though, but it's too soon for me to make much out of that.