started playing about a week ago...

DJ W

...and I'm amazed at how complex of a game this is. Incredible job by amethyst and the design team. I'm at three badges so far. I'm pleased by the uniqueness of the game, the creativity in the plot and characters, and the lack of predictability. These forums have been helpful in a few spots already so I figured I'd join since I know I'll be back for help as I continue along in the game.

as for some personal info (since the earlier stuff has probably been said in some form or another many many times...) I'm a 25 yo male who hasn't played pokemon since maybe gen 4 or 5. Wow am I behind. Just looking at the national dex, as well as some of the forum members' teams here, it almost feels like I've never played pokemon before. As someone who grew up on pokemon red and pokemon trading cards, I have mixed feelings about how it feels so much different now. But I'm willing to give this game a try and see how far I can get.

again I can't stress enough how amazed I am with the complexity of this game. I only happened to find this game by chance in a random reddit post, and I'm glad I did. It is obvious that a LOT of effort has gone into the creation and refinement of this game. The game designers clearly take this game seriously, and should be proud of their efforts. While I am certainly outclassed by the skills of this game's creators and the creativity of the regular forum posters, I'll do my best to fit in here.

DJ W

On 12/2/2017 at 9:10 PM, DJ W said:

...and I'm amazed at how complex of a game this is. Incredible job by amethyst and the design team. I'm at three badges so far. I'm pleased by the uniqueness of the game, the creativity in the plot and characters, and the lack of predictability. These forums have been helpful in a few spots already so I figured I'd join since I know I'll be back for help as I continue along in the game.

as for some personal info (since the earlier stuff has probably been said in some form or another many many times...) I'm a 25 yo male who hasn't played pokemon since maybe gen 4 or 5. Wow am I behind. Just looking at the national dex, as well as some of the forum members' teams here, it almost feels like I've never played pokemon before. As someone who grew up on pokemon red and pokemon trading cards, I have mixed feelings about how it feels so much different now. But I'm willing to give this game a try and see how far I can get.

again I can't stress enough how amazed I am with the complexity of this game. I only happened to find this game by chance in a random reddit post, and I'm glad I did. It is obvious that a LOT of effort has gone into the creation and refinement of this game. The game designers clearly take this game seriously, and should be proud of their efforts. While I am certainly outclassed by the skills of this game's creators and the creativity of the regular forum posters, I'll do my best to fit in here.

DJ W

Same here, I played until Gen II and kind of Gen III when I picked up an emulator to check out fire red and leaf green. I still think Gen IV starters are questionable and the ones after that are terrible hahaha, but you'll get used to some pokemon from recent generations eventually. Good luck!

Wow, I'm a little late to the welcoming party too... But still, enjoy your stay, mate.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Welcome to Reborn, DJ W! Enjoy the despair fun Reborn has to offer and check out the forums and Reborn's community on Showdown and Discord server as well!

P/s: Damn long ...

What despair? I remember none of that being in the game

11 hours ago, Aloha said:

Same here, I played until Gen II and kind of Gen III when I picked up an emulator to check out fire red and leaf green. I still think Gen IV starters are questionable and the ones after that are terrible hahaha, but you'll get used to some pokemon from recent generations eventually. Good luck!

Well, recent pokemon are pretty crappy but you can't deny the dominance of Protean Greninja in the single-player campaign

32 minutes ago, Stryker Gryphus said:

Well, recent pokemon are pretty crappy but you can't deny the dominance of Protean Greninja in the single-player campaign

I call it the "Digimon Era"

Tt's good as in It kicks ass and is very powerful, BUT; Design wise is one of those new pokemon that actually look like Digimon