E 17 Estimate ?

iskelion

Honestly speaking, I don't know whether that development progress is indicative of how long EP17 will take to develop, as the 40% progress have primarily been from Ame working on adding Gen 7  content. New Content for EP17 like a continuation of the story and added side-quests haven't even begun. 

In general I'd wager we're still 5-6 months away from the new episode. 

Edit: And with Ame also starting pre-development of Starlight Road this may also hinder development of Reborn (?)

Edited by Tartar

10 minutes ago, Tartar said:

Honestly speaking, I don't know whether that development progress is indicative of how long EP17 will take to develop, as the 40% progress have primarily been from Ame working on adding Gen 7  content. New Content for EP17 like a continuation of the story and added side-quests haven't even begun. 

In general I'd wager we're still 5-6 months away from the new episode. 

Edit: And with Ame also starting pre-development of Starlight Road this may also hinder development of Reborn (?)

I think you are right, because some parts are fast to do and others really slow, and of course they have a personal life and their other projects. Still 5-6 months could be right, could be less or even more than that

Ame posted a formula to calculate how many days it would take to complete an episode 3 months ago, it went something like this:

Time till next episode = 90 days + Amount of times people have asked when the next episode will release. 

Just now, Tartar said:

Ame posted a formula to calculate how many days it would take to complete an episode 3 months ago, it went something like this:

Time till next episode = 90 days + Amount of times people have asked when the next episode will release. 

then it should be in about 5-7 years, seems about right

Actually if I'm not wrong Ame is now fully dedicating herself to her games. It's true we should take into account her other projects, but at the same time a big part of the animations etc was done for E16; in other words, It will take some time, but not as long as with EP 16, I think 5-6 months is probably a close enough answer.

We got E14 in 2014, E15 in 2015 and E16 in 2016. So it only stands to reason that we will get E17 in 2017, E18 in 2018 and finally E19 in 2019. So we should get it in the next 10 months, and the full game in the next 3 years! :P 

1 hour ago, Farnsworth said:

We got E14 in 2014, E15 in 2015 and E16 in 2016. So it only stands to reason that we will get E17 in 2017, E18 in 2018 and finally E19 in 2019. So we should get it in the next 10 months, and the full game in the next 3 years! :P 

No joke, this might be the best estimate you can count on

6 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

I spent some time mapping the development time between episodes last year (and for some reason that thread has disappeared!?) but development has drastically slowed after EP11. Where at first episodes released every 2 months, it slowly became 3-4 months, until EP14 and 15 took 6 months to make and EP16 took a year to make. 

Hopefully now that Ame is dedicated herself fully to the completion of the game, it won't take a year to develop each episode.

9 hours ago, Blontary said:

Actually if I'm not wrong Ame is now fully dedicating herself to her games. It's true we should take into account her other projects, but at the same time a big part of the animations etc was done for E16; in other words, It will take some time, but not as long as with EP 16, I think 5-6 months is probably a close enough answer.

Animations really don't influence development time that much. We completed all of the animations there were planned for E17 last episode so E17 will just have however many we've finished when the rest of the game is ready. Really their main effect is that Ame needs to do reviews each week and as long as there are any animations still going on that time is relatively consistent. 

3 hours ago, mde2001 said:

Animations really don't influence development time that much. We completed all of the animations there were planned for E17 last episode so E17 will just have however many we've finished when the rest of the game is ready. Really their main effect is that Ame needs to do reviews each week and as long as there are any animations still going on that time is relatively consistent. 

Thanks for clarifying :)

15 minutes ago, iCerulean said:

Did they ever say how long the story would be in E17, compared to E15/16?

Well it's supposed to be a branched story, so I'd assume that it will have the longest dev time for plot of all the releases so far. Episode 9 had a branched story as well, but episodes were cranked out a lot more quickly back then. That was the part of the game where Team Meteor attacks Tanzan Cove and the PC battles PULSE Abra. The 'branched' portion is who gets captured (Saphira; Anna & Noel; Laura; Charlotte & Shelly) and it depends on choices you make in E9 and E8 content.

Edited by WujiKyurem

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

Well it's supposed to be a branched story, so I'd assume that it will have the longest dev time for plot of all the releases so far. Episode 9 had a branched story as well, but episodes were cranked out a lot more quickly back then. That was the part of the game where Team Meteor attacks Tanzan Cove and the PC battles PULSE Abra. The 'branched' portion is who gets captured (Saphira; Anna & Noel; Laura; Charlotte & Shelly) and it depends on choices you make in E9 and E8 content.

There have actually been plenty of episodes with a branched story. Ame did mention it would take a little longer because of it, but to not have dramatic expectations. 

Ame also said during E15 development that it was taking longer because of a branched story, but E15 only took a few months. E16 was the longest because the entire Reborn City needed to be made brand new, plus all of the eventing and sidequests (along with some for Apophyll and Azurine), Ame getting health issues a few times during development, etc. I could be wrong and unexpected things could happen, but I don't think any episode will take as long as E16 did except maybe E19 due to containing the last gym, the E4, and postgame all in one episode. 

8 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

There have actually been plenty of episodes with a branched story. Ame did mention it would take a little longer because of it, but to not have dramatic expectations. 

Ame also said during E15 development that it was taking longer because of a branched story, but E15 only took a few months. E16 was the longest because the entire Reborn City needed to be made brand new, plus all of the eventing and sidequests (along with some for Apophyll and Azurine), Ame getting health issues a few times during development, etc. I could be wrong and unexpected things could happen, but I don't think any episode will take as long as E16 did except maybe E19 due to containing the last gym, the E4, and postgame all in one episode. 

I'm not so sure as far as it seems the desert is going to be quite big. On top of that Ame does have to redo a lot of battles and areas in terms of pkmn distribution with the introduction of gen 7. So it wouldn't surprise me if it would take as long as E16.