Coming Back For More

InfernoZola

Well, hello. I am InfernoZola, a somewhat long-time Pokemon fan (I've been into the series since Gen IV, for reference), and I had taken an interest in this game back during the summer of 2016.

Only problem was that Fern shoved an Independence Day Firework up my ass before I could fight the second Gym Leader (who I have heard has Lance-Syndrome with her level 24 Cradily).

I am a student, who is Irish, my gender and age will be up for debate, but my team before I gave up goes as follows: Charmeleon, Noibat (gotta have Noibat), Trubbish, Makuhita, Onix/Tranquill and Espurr. If this had been a normal Pokemon game I would not ever think of having Trubbish, Makuhita, Onix or Tranquil on my teaml, but this game forced me to get creative. Mainly my problem was how long it took to grind, and unlike other emulators and Insurgence I cannot speed it up. It wasn't exactly the difficulty that caused me to quit(although it played a little part. This is by far the hardest turn based game I have played bar when I played Blue Dragon at a young age. I came back to that a few years later and it became one of my favourite games of all time.)

I also am writing a Pokemon story based on HeartGold, Emerald and Black, as well as a mini arc regarding Sun and Moon. If anyone is interested in that, I'm still writing the first chapter, so you have to wait.

Anyhow, does anyone have any tips for me? Is my team not good enough the beat Fern or do I just have to grind more? If so, cry for me.

Oh yeah, I hate XY&Z, the Amourshippers ruined it for me. No idea why that's important but ah well.

10 minutes ago, Tartar said:

What a pity, and if not for this we could've probably been friends.

Blame the toxic Amourshippers. I would have liked it if they weren't bawwing in the comments of every sub video I watched.

Then there was episode 47. I decided "F*ck it" and started trolling them. Oh how many fangirl tears fell that day.

Heya, welcome to Reborn!
Well, I'm sure there's a lot of advice that could be given to you regarding teambuilding in the game, but honestly? I've seen people win battles with the weirdest teams. In my last save file I've beaten Florinia with a Fearow, Noctowl and Pidgeotto. Sure, there's always options you could pick to make things easier, but in the end, I think it's the most fun to beat the game with a team that you want to have. I could say that personally I'd save up using Noibat for when you can evolve it, since I find it to be a bit of a burden before that. But since you clearly want to use it, just go for it~

Rini's Cradily can be tough if you're not prepared, but hey, you even picked up a Makuhita. There's no battle in the game that is unbeatable.

...Kricketune's pretty damn sweet for the early game, though. Maybe you'd be interested in trying a Kricketune.

I shall. Using Trubbish, Charmeleon and Hariyama to take her out, and I'll try to get Woobat to evolve so I can make him viable as well. I have a Meowstick too. Noibat is a bit of a risk to use, but it has turned quite a few battles for me by using Supersonic and Screech. Also, it has a 4x resistance to grass so who am I to complain?

Actually, my only complaint is that Amethyst keeps taking out good Pokemon, such as Gastly and Magby. Does anyone know where Sneasel or Zorua may be found or have they been removed because Weavile and Zoroark are such beasts? Haha, it wasn't in the guide, but I gotta snag 'em before she pinches 'em.

Sneasel is obtainable in two possible ways as of now: one relatively late into the game, at Ametrine Mountain (Lostelle has a video here), and one as a 1/18 chance when you trade the police officer in Jasper a Growlithe egg (only possible if you found all the missing police officers to obtain Growlithe). The 'mon you get from the mystery egg is set at the start of the game, so you cannot just reset for another one if you don't like what you get.

Here's a guide on how to get Zorua, and here's one for getting a Razor Claw. The claw is only available after you beat Ciel, making it E16 content.

If you take a look at the obtainable list, Zorua is still listed as available as of E16, yes. If the way to get it has been changed in the meantime, apologies, I may have missed that^^

Magikarp is still unobtainable as of now, though people who played the game before it was axed were able to get it and I've seen a fair few float around in trades.

19 hours ago, InfernoZola said:

Oh yeah, I hate XY&Z, the Amourshippers ruined it for me. No idea why that's important but ah well.

Well, not gonna rant on the amourshippers too much. As non relevant stuff like toxic community can always be avoided by not looking at the comments. The series itself however, is overrated. Raised up hopes, did nothing. Adding Shounen cliches and not even using them well will not improve anything, especially in a Pokemon anime. Like seriously, Lysandre actually believed that humans will conflict over energy in the future, all the reasons to start a war, but ENERGY! Really? In a POKEMON WORLD? Some people should really stop forcing realistic values into a series based on an Utopian world