Rebornian Mentions: Ice (Presented by Cat Chat Blogs)

Miss Kitty

**Caution: Borderline R7 photo included in this blog, however, Ame gave me permission to post it because of relativity**

Welcome back to Cat Chat Blogs! I hope your holidays were awesome and your January… January-y. I’ve decided to change things up here at Cat Chat Blogs by turning focus to the people that make Reborn what it is today-- a great place and a likely forever home for the strange (us!). Without you guys, friends wouldn’t have been made, games wouldn’t have been made and played, and Reborn just wouldn’t be the same great community like it is today.

Without further ado, I introduce to Reborn Cat Chat Blogs: Rebornian Mentions. Rebornian Mentions will highlight members of our community by going into an in-depth one-on-one interview about our members’ and their time here with us.

Cat Chat Blogs presents:

Rebornian Mentions: Ice/Prasiolite

This week’s Rebornian Mentions turns to Ice, also known as Prasiolite. Ice has been with us for an incredibly long time. His journey with Reborn began back in 2007 when Ame first started up Reborn back when it was called Poke-Place. He was initially introduced to our strange world through another person by the name KaiserD and has never left since. Even though Ice is a quiet person, he’s got a history in our community.

ldt3P86.png

An accurate portrait of Ice

Who is Ice?

Ice, who recently celebrated his 26th birthday, is a quiet soul who resides near the beach in Massachusetts. His hobbies include listening to music, talking with friends, and spriting. It could also be fair to say that Ice also has an animal hobby-- he’s got a neat little collection of unusual pets. He has a dog, a couple cats, a duck, a turtle, and a squirrel. And also some fish, too. He says that he got most of his animals from other people who couldn’t take care of them, but he pretty much found the duck and squirrel while out and about one day and decided they needed to go home with him. “I didn’t want anything bad happening to them,” Ice says about the duck and squirrel he found in potentially fatal situations. “The duck was found walking around the streets… in the middle of winter” and he found two squirrels “under a bush… One seemed sick.” For a guy who calls himself Ice, his huge heart for animals doesn’t fit the name.

1426_lots_cats_6.jpg

"They all need to come home. With me."

Speaking of having a huge heart, Ice has a Rebornian crush! For the last two years, Ice and our lovely Ama have been going steady in a relationship. And it turns out that this beautiful couple is planning on meeting each other in person for the first time later this year. It’s hard to see Ice as cold or icy when asked who his favorite Rebornian is. “I’mma have to be biased and go with Ama cause I love her~” I’d have to say that this is a prime example of how our community is good at bringing people together in friendship, and even love. Best wishes to ya’ll!

Life in Reborn

During Ice’s time here in Reborn, he’s experienced just about every stage Reborn has ever gone through, and has even volunteered his time to help take care of Reborn’s server back on PO (Pokemon Online). The highest level of Auth Ice had was moderator. Ice recalls his time as authy as “nice.” He explains, “it was nice for being noticed at times and knowing I had some power over problems other than watching the problem continue” if no other auth was present to deal with them. Over time, Ice was demoted as a moderator for the server. At the time, the explanation for the demotion was for auth that was often away from the computer. If the opportunity for auth positions came up again for Ice, he says that he considers it, mainly so that he has more reason to be social. Talk to our local Ice, people!

Our community doesn’t come without challenges, though. For Ice, his biggest challenge with Reborn was trying to keep his side-league, Excessum, up and running. “Both times I was involved, it fell apart or I left due to arguments with others” who were also running the league. Ice would like to get Excessum back up, but worries that he’d end up competing with Redemption. He feels that he’d take away from Redemption. I suggested that he could see if any help was needed for Redemption’s spriting, but he declined, worried that he’d slow everyone down if he didn’t sprite in time. Ice is such a worry-bug.

Within Reborn, there is never a dull moment. Our community is generally filled with smiles and laughter. When I asked Ice about one of his favorite moments, it was when he tortured Ame with Mr. Bigglesworth the Garbodor. “Back when Gen 5 came out, I decided to name a Garbodor Mr. Bigglesworth cause I was like, ‘why the f*ck not’ but Ame said ‘no.’ So I eventually sent Ame a picture” of Mr. Bigglesworth. Some time after that “Ame made him (Mr. Bigglesworth) into our ‘404 not found’ page and also into the game (Pokemon Reborn) as a side fight.”

dasutodasu__the_sexy_pokemon_by_epicspaz

Look at Mr. Bigglesworth, Ame.

9e1dc09493a64963be2f1390bece136a.png

LOOK AT IT!!!

Pokemon Reborn: The Game

Obviously, this can’t be avoided since half of our community came here for the game. Ice hasn’t played the game much, but has a pretty good idea of what the game’s about. “I’ve spoiled most of it (the game) for myself,” Ice says as I interpret it as an admission of guilt through text, “I’ve mostly watched, read, or heard others play it.” Either way, Ice thoroughly enjoys the game and it’s concept, but thinks it’s a shame that Ame took out some references from the game. He elaborates that there were names on gravestones in a cemetery and even a reference to Geo, an older member who is no longer active (at least in the chat rooms). “If I remember right, I think me and Ikaru had gravestones with our names on it,” Ice remarks, confirming that Ame can see into the future.

Conspiracies.png

Tune into RebornTV for more Reborn Conspiracies. *Airs Friday’s at 9/8 Central Time

The Big Picture

Overall, Ice is a pretty cool guy and a great asset to our community. His experience makes for great storytime if one takes the time to listen. Even I’ve been around just as long as Ice, and yet Ice shares new details I was unaware of about our history as a community. As for Ice, his current goals in relation to Reborn is to become more active here in the forums and to continue making great friends in the community. If you see Ice around, be sure to say hi!

Big thank you to Ice who was kind enough to do the interview with me!

Thanks for reading! If you know anybody who deserves a Rebornian Mention, comment below or give a shout out in chat!

All images do not belong to me. Mr. Bigglesworth and Ice’s portrait was provided by Ice, all other images provided by Google Images.

"Ice is such a worry-bug"

I've only just woken up and already know that this'll be the most accurate statement I'll have read all day.

Tfw I get a dedicated paragraph in this, but the whole Reborn game section doesn't even mention the creation of Team Meteor

I'd like to picture that Ice was secretly so nervous talking that he completely forgot about the part where he helped to worldbuild the game :'D

It's even the very thing that started our first conversation, haha.

Seriously though, sounds like an interesting idea to interview people on here! I'll be curious to see who you're fishing up next c:
I'd do the recommendation thing, except... y'know. You just talked to him.

I'll contribute with the duck. Everybody deserves to marvel at the beauty of Snowflake. She's the best background noise in any call, I love her!

RLMyacD.jpg

• Administrators

“If I remember right, I think me and Ikaru had gravestones with our names on it,” Ice remarks, confirming that Ame can see into the future.

We did, but Ame can't see into the past, much less the future, so I'm not concerned.

No mention of his constantly being run over by Blake only for me to thoroughly plan something and bulldoze him on the first try huh? And you use the nickname Ice. smh. More like permafrost because you've been here so long.

...is what I would say if I wasn't sure you'd use that name even for a day for memes.

thats a good duck and good post(s) overall. I give it a solid 5/7.

e: <obligatory bad ice pun because the one above was a good one>

8 hours ago, ZEL said:

Tfw I get a dedicated paragraph in this, but the whole Reborn game section doesn't even mention the creation of Team Meteor

I'd like to picture that Ice was secretly so nervous talking that he completely forgot about the part where he helped to worldbuild the game :'D

It's even the very thing that started our first conversation, haha.

lol Ice was pretty nervous. It was only after I made the post that Ice messaged me like, "oh yeah, I helped create Team Meteor" lol Until I get better at doing interviews, I'll probably end up doing a couple follow-up pieces to cover the things that weren't covered in the initial interview.

7 hours ago, Ikaru said:

We did, but Ame can't see into the past, much less the future, so I'm not concerned.

And another theory debunked. :P

I didn't notice that this was a thing.  I remember when I first met Ice.  He was auth at the time and muted me for making a Jewish kid cry.  I still don't understand what I did wrong.

nether the less I enjoy his 

>>

<<

< >

and his random HAI!!!!s