Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Answered] Can ditto breed by itself? or where can I find another one?

Ven Enfield

Question

And yes I know its kinda stupid question but I am curious I saw a egg model on the graphics folder while getting the pictures I need from my shop, is it breedable? I tried it but it seems it is not possible also is there a places where you can find ditto? or its just a one time event? since the one I got is a very bad ditto which is kinda hard to breed easily for a copy of a certain pokemon, and yes I know about the egg groups, I'm just wondering about this since Rotom can only be breed with Ditto anyways.

4 answers to this question

No, Ditto cannot breed with itself and there is only one obtainable per game. Unfortunately, you're stuck with the ditto you initially received unless you find someone willing to trade you their ditto.

Incidently, even if it were possible to breed ditto, wouldn't you need two of them to get an egg in the first place?

Edited by Lucky1998

10 hours ago, Lucky1998 said:

No, Ditto cannot breed with itself and there is only one obtainable per game. Unfortunately, you're stuck with the ditto you initially received unless you find someone willing to trade you their ditto.

Incidently, even if it were possible to breed ditto, wouldn't you need two of them to get an egg in the first place?

Well I borrowed my friend's ditto about that. 

5 hours ago, GS BALL said:

No, Ditto never could and never will, be able, to breed with (another) Ditto. There is no legitimate way to get a Ditto egg. That is why getting a Ditto with decent stats, is so much sought after... And that is precisely why, breeding genderless pokemon (those that can actually breed and the non legendaries), is such a pain, when you need to get a good one to use.

yeah its true, ah well guess I better make better pokemons for ones who have a better ditto then

12 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Hey, don't sweat it, man! Go fetch yourself the Power items and Destiny Knot, catch pokemon of the same species (not genderless) until you get ones with 31 IV to desirable stats and breed them together, initiating a breeding chain! It's easy, takes some time, but you don't need ditto at all (unless you need genderless ones). Plus, being the same species, they produce eggs faster and all. And if you have pokemon of the same species but from different trainers, breed together, then you get lots of eggs very fast!

I have a good pokemons for breeding buuut on rotom well I got a better rotom from the trade buuuut my ditto is way too terrible xD, guess I'll just stick the destiny knot to my rotom and hope that it didn't inherit much of what my ditto have.