so its like half one and i thought this would take longer to write so ive prolly not been here for 3 years but woo?

Felicity

• Support Squad

Gratitude is addictive. Why? Several reasons, near as I can tell. Number one is that I am an ostentatious attention whore who won't pass up the chance to focus the communities attention however briefly on myself. That's fine though, seeking attention is not inherently bad pending on your methods and really who am I hurting with this? The second reason gratitude is addictive is because reflection on the good parts of your life, should they be prominent enough, can be a reprieve from a lot of the bad in the world in a similar way that dwelling on the bad can make the best parts of your life momentarily fade into the background of your mind.

I made a topic for 7,000 posts because that seemed like a massive number. Similarly three years on reborn is an insane amount of time. I remember when I was a wee babby of reborn, i'm arguably still that, reading Jelly's three year topic. Didn't fuckin' think I'd get to make one myself. What's the difference between these topics? Well instead of listing everyone awesome in reborn I'll actually be addressing people, thus the title. There's a lot of you fuckboys, girls and non binaries.

@Ojama Brown see i'm using the ping system specifically to grab peoples attention but I don't think this will change once you inevitably change your name, so unless I want to come back and change the ping this topic will forever be marked by the ojamas. I hope you're proud Bibs. That said, I wouldn't have it any other way, you're a lovely, reliable person to have in my life even if we don't share a ridiculously wide amount of interests one might assume good friends need. Knowing you got my back when I need it is good enough and it should go without saying that should you ever need me to step up to the plate, I'll do my damndest. One of the proudest things i've gotten going on this site was the christmas card but you were the linchpin in getting so many people involved so you deserve as much, if not more, credit for enabling that happy little moment.

now for the ping system to get fuckity as i use 500 more of them, @Arkhi What can I say, the same type of people catch my attention and keep it, you are the personification of a sunny attitude, including the fact that sometimes there's clouds. I adore the fact that you try and succeed at being an optimistic, yet somehow still sassy, figure in the community as well as supporting as many people as you can, myself included. That said someday i'd like to return the favour of confidence but if you have other people you wanna go to that is a-ok no guilt-tripperino. So long as you don't hurt yourself being so nice all the damn time. And hey I got through this without the standard mention of your music tast- gfdi.

@Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~ Oh buddy, you're fun. you are my guy for anime with taste to rival Erina's god tongue and you're also a more perceptive person than me, I've sometimes had moments where my brain was at full panic stations but you were patiently there to chat or say what I needed to hear. You've been slowly less present with your SG fun and that's fine, it's just a reminder i need to poke you more instead of letting you rock up to my pms as is the standard. At the very least we'll have something to talk about with boku no hero academia s2 next season with a sweet, sweet tournament arc but I digress. Thank you for generally being you, it sounds like a cop out in my head but I don't rightly know how to summarise the Emperor of Reborn.

@Kurotsune for the longest time I didn't know if I liked you or disliked you, I did always respect you though. You are smart, capable, witty in a way I wish I could be and thus clumsily imitate but you've also had your fair share of hardship that's influenced your outlook on life. You are the Dr Cox to my, I know i may be flattering myself here, J.D. Like those two though, I want to surpass you, I want to reach a point in my life where I am financially secure and have a list of accomplishments under my belt, where people value my opinion and heed my advice, but I can say with certainty that I am happy about how I got there, of course with some things I can only pray they don't happen to me but that's beside the point. Thank you for being a role model. For the record, I do like you now, the turning point was the impossibly well synced joke of Harambe and the battle of the hamsters. idek if that's in the QB but w/e.

@Jericho oh hey another guy I like despite sharing a scant few genuine interests. You can hold an interesting conversation and when we can both contribute to a topic I find I get a better objective view of an opinion than before about something thanks to your perspective, what I wish was a product of most conversations really. You're also fun and goofy on the server when you try to meme it just makes me smile a lot, almost makes me feel creepy sitting here behind this monitor... but hey, what can you do?

@Sutoratosu and @Hukuna the Undying, I hope you don't take this as a slight against either of you for addressing you simultaneously but to be frank you've both made incredibly similar contributions to my life. By helping to bring me into the RP fold I learned a lot of literary skills and also evaluation skills when looking at people's writing and this has been a huge fucking asset when taking on a professional writing education to the point where, arrogant as it might sound, I'm reliably ahead of the curve on sheer mechanical capability in my work. Where most people went into the course with a minor interest in literature and passing writing experience i had a full fucking runway ready for take off thanks to the RP section and you're both figments of that place in my mind, two lungs breathing life into the forum construct. Not the prettiest comparison, granted, but a fitting one. I've butted heads on occasion with both of you but typically the fault lies with me being ironically inconsiderate of your viewpoint or simply lashing out when it wasn't deserved and I apologise for that.

@Amethyst thanks for the game yadda yadda i'm literally donating money, that says everything about my opinion on your work so i'll breeze past it to a different point, similar to what I said to Kuro. You are a role model to me in work ethic and approach to life, We've spoken every now and then over three years but predominantly there's been this distance unique to the internet because more oft than not you're actually doing shit rather than chilling in the lobby or browsing the forums to see my top quality non-content. Still, from what I've seen over three years you seem compassionate, collected when necessary and generally just a nice person. like I do with Kuro I want to do better than you, something that's really fuckin' hard to quantify as a concrete goal in life but nothing's perfect I suppose. At least it's there, among others. Thank you for doing as you do.

@Alex oh you are a bundle of how do I say anything, for a while we just spoke every now and then and suddenly boop christmas party now i have an awesome person in my life I guess yay? At first I was in full disbelief because, pffft, who wants to talk to this magnificent twat? but you're thankfully a lovely person with a whole load of cat gfs and more issues than you rightly deserve. I exist, whenever you need, should you need me to headbutt anyone into submission and sweep you off your feet I will do so... for £14.99+ travel costs. I'm sorry if this seems brief but we got close a couple of months ago and you are a complex topic in my head.

@Big Kitty Dan Hi this is the obnoxious headache that isn't quite bad enough for you to really wanna do anything so you just tolerate the random pings and jokes that you do not have the context to get after only rushing back to chat after said ping interrupted a league game. I think I am a minor pain in the ass, i realise after typing this I just kinda called you a butthead, to you mainly because I don't think any jokes I make land and that's like 90% of what I rely on to offset the obnoxious factor. You are adorable tho and when you hop into conversations I always pay that much more attention to chat.

@Zumi very similar to Dan, I think I moreso annoy you than anything else but that does not diminish the respect I have and want to acknowledge, that may mean all of jack and shit to you and if so enjoy your day. We all get to "see" your progress on Xenogene as you go and I am in shock and awe at the sheer amount that you do alongside getting an education, you are the archetypal artist in my mind, dabbling in a myriad of artistic disciplines and using them all to contribute to something you're creating anew. And you babysit the EU timezone chat like lord above woman who flipped the overdrive switch and then broke it off of you?

@Ikaru fun fact i almost pinged someone called ikana, how embarrassing would that have been? Kind of like how embarrassed I feel when thinking about my first days on the PO server when I specifically remember you as the auth around and about and I tried to capture your aloof ass attention in that awkward way a 15 year old new to the internet does. You're friendlier than your common hiki avis or edgester attitude might suggest and that's a special brand of wonderful. Whenever you're feeling down and can't lift your chin with pride I'll be there to deliver a solid uppercut whenever you need it, the only charge being a few possibly missing teeth. You're surrounded by great people though so I feel like I can safely say that won't be needed. Just reach out to them every so often you chicken nugget, I know how you like to play things close to the [REDACTED]

@Azeria I want to perpetuate this "I shit talk you lol" joke a bit more but it's high time I openly acknowledge the fact that not only are you a pleasant person, you are actually more ingrained in the community than me through fan games, community projects like Redemption or simply being a ever present name on the server list. I was unfair to you when you first joined and I realise after you came out about your age I was at the time essentially a 15 year old picking on a younger kid, not proud of that (though strictly age shouldn't influence that much, I shouldn't treat anyone horribly) but as a thankful parallel to a friend I have in real life my torment did not deter you and, I hope, may very well been a rare example of actual character building through being a dick. That said, when I wonder why I should be empathetic and helpful rather than scornful, your name is one of the first to appear in my mind.

@Tempest First and foremost, I'm sorry for flaking on guardians. It was hubris that compelled me to join the team and a mix of laziness and genuine busywork that kept me from contributing properly. I have learned if nothing else the limits of my willpower and capability to act so thank you for that. Otherwise, what can I say? To me you are computer genius, learning languages that make me want to retch at similarly disgusting speeds, technology is my bane but it's practically your bread and butter. that is astounding to me and I hope you can use that constructively to achieve whatever the hell you want.

@mde2001 You are a relatively new member, though if i'm not mistaken at least a year has passed since you joined. I wanted to mention you because, like Ark, you seem to me to be an endless ball of optimism that clashes regularly with political fuckery that makes it easy to be outraged. Not developing a cynical attitude has been tough for me and I don't regularly expose myself to many of the nastier parts of politics or the news so for that I'll join the navy n salute you my little fluffball.

@Anethia hi nerd, this is a thank you. When i was newer to the community I was being very blatant about being down in the dumps by trying to be positive or some shit, you p easily picked up on that and had a word with me, making me feel far better about myself and my situation. You are one of the people I think of when I ask if strangers can be nice people. That is a long standing belief of mine and one i'm proud of, thank you for laying the foundation for that.

and, unless someone is about to yell at me for missing them, i believe that's it.

and now, a song that is truly fitting for myself and my contribution to this community

Congrats on your anniversary Dobby!

I try to keep as optimistic as possible although I'm probably more upbeat here than in real life. 

Anyway while we certainly don't know each other all that well I do respect you a lot. You stick to your beliefs and while we have very few common interests (at least that I know about), you are an exceptional contributor to conversations about your passions!

Congrats once again!

Dobbs, no two people will ever get along 100% of the time XD. So no worries there. I'm a pretty easy person to rub the wrong way, and I tend to get ahead of myself in those situations a lot. ((like assume people should know I take something as offensive or that I find something disrespectful.)) We've had those times, doesn't mean I think less of ya. Least not permanently. lol. Even if I get pissed off, I'll come back around eventually. No opinion is ever set in stone for me, I do not like permanence. People can, and often do change, and a few bad exchanges doesn't have to colour the entirety of what you know of a person.

Further, I'm not really bothered being lumped in with someone else. Our contributions are larger similar, it's just much easier to do XD. I'd say I'm surprised I'm worth a mention at all, but I don't want to consistently be that guy. As much as I am hard on myself ((even though it's much more of me joking and it's just my style of humour.)) I can't always be bashin' on myself. I know i'm capable of having an impact. I often have. It's rather clear the places and to a lot of people just what I've done.

ANd I'm glad RP taught you so much. After all, I do find it the best place to really learn critical writing skills. Flexibility, sponotunity, creativity. I find the interactions between elements you can't control really helps stress how important these things are, and they put you in a position to think and explore that might not be as easy to come by in your average writing situations. It stresses, and gives many opportunties to access your peers and have them provide you feedback as well. It's quite intersting in learning how to deal with all the moving bits and pieces, and to work together with others to end up creating a story. Because sometimes you gotta work with the tools you're given, sometimes you gotta look at what you ahve and use that mind of yours to figure out howto best use the pieces you do have. I think RPing teaches this better than anything else when it comes to writing. You to work with your fellow players, the GM... etc etc... you can't jsut step around them or change how their character is. You gotta work in the negative space around them, figure out how to come at problems differently. It gives one a new and different perspective on writing. One I find is invaluable. I'm glad it's helped you so much in that regard XD. To be frank, I'm glad I've had this kind of impact on anyone's life. Makes me feel... a special kind of wonderful.

Keep on keeping on my dude.~

wow you're old

Anyway I'm glad to see you think I'm an awesome person!! I really need to stop thinking I'm annoying but I guess you fall prey to that train of thought too :P

Complex topic huh. I'm going to take that as a compliment and ask you to go on. :3

Glad to see you see me that way, Shirley. Can't wait until you regale me with your stories about you and your black boy-toy wearing your scrubs as aprons and pretending you're a pair of the gayest - and now don't get me wrong here Melissa there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, in fact I think calling you gay might actually be an offense to the gays - fake french maids this hospital - nay, the world - has ever seen. Probably while you sip on one of your goddamn appletinis.

Amethyst probably mirrors the sentiment I'll share here, so I'll be obnoxious and talk for both of us when I say this;

We're both people who were, at different points in our lives and for different reasons, thrusted into leaderships positions we weren't sure (and mayhaps still aren't) we were ready or fit for. Throught this we've grown into people who chose to lead by example rather than by command - Although I still take a much more proactive role to leadership than she does, but I feel that's more of a reflection of individuality and personal ways of dealing with issues rather than anything else - and we try, to the best of our ability, to be an example others want to lead. 

I know I am someone who wants to at least be respected enough to do what I have to do, even if I'm not liked; Hopefully both, but if not, I know I'm fully capable of helping someone who loathes me as long as they respect me enough to know my word has weight, and that's fine by me.

To finish, I actually am the biggest scrubs fan on existance and the first time I saw the series - and nearly every time following - I also saw myself as J.D.; While I think this goes lenghts to show that a good character doesn't have to be a catch-all of issues to be relatable to everyone (looking at you, most-drama-or-romance-protagonists-in-modern-literature) it also draws a nice line since Cox too was, as it is mentioned in the series, like J.D.

That's really all I have to say. I can't really say I see myself as somoene to be looked up to or followed - Ironically, probably neither does Dr. Cox - but I'm happy that you've managed to draw some positive motivation from my influence.

huh. for some reason I always think youve been around longer than I have.

as far as I can recall, you were one of the first people I could really call a friend on reborn. its true that we hadnt talked for some time, but you can blame it all on me bby, im terrible at staying in contact with people. either way, im glad you still got my back, and of course that applies the other way around as well.

also, that christmas card was your idea, without you it wouldnt even have existed, bruh. all credit to you.

happy I got to meet you, man. heres to many more years.

ps. nice try pinging me, but I got all notifications off, so that didnt work either way, sorry wobbs

also, good song

He said he adores me

ziI5WjF.png

I am glad to be a sassy ray of sunshine, and particularly around you since you're a fun guy to be around. I recall that deeper conversation we had several months ago about someone, and seeing you in a state of solemnity was very impactful: you're a dedicated thinker. After that discussion, I notice that you really do have rhyme and reason to your actions. And if you're seeking time and place to reach out, I like to think anytime is a good time, even if I'm full of confidence. There doesn't need to be an occasion to talk- hell, I want to be the one to reach out sometime soon.

Anyway, I'll make time and place to talk with you, I think you're wonderful. Thanks for being a positive influence on the community.