Pokemon Guardian lights HELP NEEDED!!!

SuperNova

Hi fellow human beings, Suna's here!

Sooooo, I've been promising myself to do this for quite a while, making my own fan-game, but i am a big noobie and i am not that good with RPG maker xp neither with spritng well i,m not good with anything like this ,I've made only one sprite which is terrible.

Well I will get to the main point straight, I really would appresiate if any of you has some free time and wants to help, I know you are not going to get anything from helping me but still if you like to help this noobie out you are free to do so.

THE PLOT!!!!!!

Spoiler

You were living happily with your mother father and sister until your mother dies. Four years after that you and your family are moving to the Eldora region due to your father's job and your new life is about to begin, until... the incident on the road. The train you travel gets attacked by some unknown people and you don't know anything except than one thing, their target is you. After that for two years you never see human face again, but with the help of a srange woman you are about to travel across the Eldora region and solve the myseries of this land. Who are the people that attacked the ship? What's the role of your mother? Why they wanted you? And the biggest mysery the Guardian lights.

Oh, someone's feeling a bit poetic/creative.

FEATURES

Spoiler

-A brand new region, the Eldora region

-18 gyms/poke chalenges ( something I came up similar to the island chalenges )

-Diffrent starter pokemon ( the other ones will be still available)

Well of course many more to come if I beome better and get your help.

WEEEEEEEEEEELLLL!!!!

Hope you at lest liked the concept, now gotta catch' em all learn this kind of stuff?

A briliant idea! Oh congrats Suna, if you like the concept of this on going game and wanna help but don't know how it's ok just go on and ask to help it will be a cool thing to learn together if you lack knowledge so whoever you are you can help.

Man, talk about inspiration.

Edited by SuperNova

Hello, it looks like that you are new to this fan-game developing things. Well, if I could give suggestion, that is to reveal some game content, features, overview of the stories, which of course need to be learned by yourself. The more promising your project is, the more people are willing to help. At least that's what I can see in some projects.

So you could learn RMXP first by yourself, there are some tutorials on Youtube. Or you could learn spriting first. Actually, it'd be great to help others in their project first as 'learning' session then proceed to your own project. It's a common things to do.

Well, happy learning ^^

@Phi-Bi has some great points. Having some basic information about your game would definitely help attract people's interests a bit more, such as: what the game is about, little features you think you might be including, number of gyms planned, and anything else that you think that you should include.

Edit: And don't forget about a defining feature, with some examples being Reborn's 18 gyms and Insurgence's delta Pokémon.

Edited by Dypatome

Pro tip: admitting that you aren't good with RMXP or whatever you're going to use to make the game is not going to net you a team. People usually don't operate on sympathy, helping newbies that don't know what they're doing. The usually look for people who actually know what they're doing and are capable of making the game.

So I'd recommend that you learn how to make the game and spend time figuring it all out before you even try to get a team. Because it's not going to go well if you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by SpartaLazor

3 hours ago, SpartaLazor said:

Pro tip: admitting that you aren't good with RMXP or whatever you're going to use to make the game is not going to net you a team. People usually don't operate on sympathy, helping newbies that don't know what they're doing. The usually look for people who actually know what they're doing and are capable of making the game.

So I'd recommend that you learn how to make the game and spend time figuring it all out before you even try to get a team. Because it's not going to go well if you don't know what you're doing.

Thanks for the advise I am already trying to learn. I've made quite progress.