What do you think the next Pokemon game is going to be?

The Grinch

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

I have to agree there, a sinnoh remake would be amazing mainly because I wanna see the world burn with cynthia and megachomp

I had a good time till I thought of how awful Cynthiachomp 2.0 could be like

2 minutes ago, QualityGamingYT said:

I also agree with a Sinnoh remake hopefully with some new mega starter evolutions and Cynthia with Mega Garchomp would be amazing to see.

Bringing back the mega evolutions as well as some new ones would be sweet

I guess I'd be okay with a Sinnoh remake but I think I'd prefer a new region or a heavily expanded version of Alola. That's mostly just because I'm not really a fan of Sinnoh, although getting a remake would get rid of the stupid load times and hopefully fix some of the pacing issues. 

1 minute ago, mde2001 said:

I guess I'd be okay with a Sinnoh remake but I think I'd prefer a new region or a heavily expanded version of Alola. That's mostly just because I'm not really a fan of Sinnoh, although getting a remake would get rid of the stupid load times and hopefully fix some of the pacing issues. 

most of that was fixed in platinum if I'm correct

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

most of that was fixed in platinum if I'm correct

Platinum was better, but I still found the pacing to be kind of annoying though (and the load times still were stupidly long). 

Its possible Platinum's pacing wouldn't bother me if we could move faster though so I'd be prepared to have an open mind to a remade 4th gen. 

What I want is Sinnoh Remakes (Specifically Platinum), but I don't think they will happen just yet. If we look at past remakes, you can notice a pattern regarding the system they were released on, being that they happen every other system

Gen 1: GB --> GBA

Gen 2: GBC --> DS

Gen 3: GBA --> 3DS

Gen 4: DS --> ???

I really think Gen 4 remakes will happen on whatever the 3ds' successor is. (And no I don't think it will be the switch)

At this point, I'm honestly not sure what the next game will be. From the looks of things, Game Freak has completely gotten rid of third version games (which is why I think Stars won't happen). I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel, or even prequel, to Sun and Moon, though

Edited by Lucky1998

While a Sinnoh Remake is the most obvious way to proceed, I hope they don't, lest Game Freak becomes too predictable in their releases.

Personaly I hope for something new like a spin-off, or going back and making a Kanto remake. 

While I would love a remake with cynthia, I 'm not sure if it would happen or if I want to. First I hate barry. Secondly it is the least memorial pkmn game to me, Cynthia and giratina are one of the few things I remember of the game. The final is that pokemon games are innovating less and less. Especially at the core combat system and in graphical quality. So a remake of these games are less interesting compared to the remakes of the predecessors. But still I think it is the most likely to happen.

What would I love to see is a new interpretation on how a pokemon game can go. I mean mystery dungeon was good in that regards maybe more looker-ish? Being a cop could be cool. Or team rocketish?.

I hope Gen 4 remake will be, but a sequal would be cool. Every gen expection of 5 seems to have always a gen remake.

51 minutes ago, Tartar said:

or going back and making a Kanto remake. 

So.. remaking a remake? As Kanto did get a remake already.

• Global Mods

I would like a return to Kanto where we can see the continuation of Lillie and Lusamine's adventure. 

SM had a lot of references to Kanto. Every set of games has references to previous regions, but there tend to be more references to the next region getting a remake than any other, plus data for Pokemon from those regions found in the games. Ex: Hoenn had references to both Kanto and Johto, but a lot more to Kanto. The day and night cycle from Johto was done away with until DPPt, and although Emerald came after FRLG, I still think it's interesting how Emerald removed all references of Johto from the original RS. For Pokemon data, Diamond and Pearl had Johto starter data, and XY had Mega Latias and Latios in the code, while none of those were obtainable in the games. SM has Mew's Z move, while Mew isn't obtainable in SM, and I'm not sure the z crystal can be obtained legitimately either. It could be said not to expect Mew to be like them since Mew has always only been event obtainable, but Deoxys lost that status in ORAS. 

Going back to references, there are a ton of Kanto references in SM. 

1. The player character and mom are originally from Kanto

2. Professor Kukui battled the Kanto Gym Leaders and E4

3. All of the Alolan forms are of Gen 1 Pokemon

4. The Nugget Bridge mimics at Malie Garden. The last one also mentions wondering what Giovanni is up to these days. 

5. Oak has a cousin studying the regional variants/Alolan forms

6. Kanto and Johto were mentioned as influencing certain cities in Alola. IIRC, Heahea City and Malie City were both mentioned to have been formed from travelers from those regions. 

Additionally, there were two sets of starters to receive Mega Evolutions in Gen 6: Kanto and Hoenn. Mega Blaziken was shown first in XY, then the other two came in ORAS. I don't really think it's likely there'll be more megas in the future, since from what I've heard a bunch of mega stones aren't even obtainable in SM and I read an article about some needing to be earned from online play? I think the mechanic may continue to exist, but that there probably isn't any interest in making more or having it being near as important as it was in Gen 6. (I also think if there's a gen 8, z moves will get similar treatment from then on)

Additionally, we know nothing of Necrozma's mysterious connection to Ultra Beasts. It just had a random appearance at the end of the postgame UB quest, and appeared in Ten Carat Hill's grass like a regular wild encounter (and just like the UBs). We didn't get much info on Zygarde in Kalos, and while some people including me were expecting Z, it was actually in SM, a completely new region, that Zygarde got backstory, instead of in a third version or sequel. Maybe that will continue with Necrozma, where through Lusamine we could learn more about it in Kanto games. I don't really think it'd be good to just leave the connection unexplained. 

In the anime, Ash travels with a lot of the female protagonists. There was May, Dawn, and Serena. Leaf didn't exist yet when the anime was in the first season, and Unova seems to be an exception to many common themes in the series in more ways than one. I don't watch the anime and consider it a separate universe from the games, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some extra/future game knowledge, considering some Pokemon have appeared way ahead of their official reveals. 

Even if all this can be countered, I still just want to see Lusamine make a recovery ^~^

I would like to see Sinnoh remakes personally because I love Sinnoh and I love that it's a colder region for once. I'd be really hyped to revisit it. I'm tired from the tropical after ORAS and SM, thus I can wait for a S/M sequel or 3rd version ...

That said, I somehow doubt we will get Sinnoh remakes next, mostly because IF there is a pokemon game to be announced this year, it will be on the 3ds still and we did already have ORAS . Not that they aren't prone to breaking patterns but yeah, since they say they want to wait and see how the Switch performs, the routes I see them going for are

1. 3rd version/ Sequel of SM for the 3ds

2. Sinnoh remakes for the 3ds

3. Skip a year or so and based on switch performance, possibly announce either of the 2 options (remakes or sequel/3rd game) for it

P.S. About the references to next game remakes, I think all the Kanto stuff was mere pandering 'cause 20years. Sinnoh has a bunch of references in SM as well

Crasher Wake is mentioned 'cause he was another masked wrestler dood

Canalave Library was mentioned and SM has its own Lore library

Sinnoh Underground and Roark are referenced on the powerplant TV (not named but the references seems to fit Sinnoh)

Giratina, Palkia, Bronzong mentioned in Burnet's books

Thrifty megamart products from Sinnoh - Mt. Coronet Fresh Water and Poffins

Type:Null is basically a failed Arceus clone experiment

Cynthia in Battle Tree

(Pokemon website is having children's books starring sinnoh starters and other sinnoh pokemon too)

That said, maybe none of these things mean anything because SM have references to ALL other generations, to Kalos as much as to Kanto even. Hoenn, Unova, Sinnoh not so much but still enough, and Johto's a bit less than Kalos

• Global Mods
11 hours ago, Masquerain said:

P.S. About the references to next game remakes, I think all the Kanto stuff was mere pandering 'cause 20years. Sinnoh has a bunch of references in SM as well

Crasher Wake is mentioned 'cause he was another masked wrestler dood

Canalave Library was mentioned and SM has its own Lore library

Sinnoh Underground and Roark are referenced on the powerplant TV (not named but the references seems to fit Sinnoh)

Giratina, Palkia, Bronzong mentioned in Burnet's books

Thrifty megamart products from Sinnoh - Mt. Coronet Fresh Water and Poffins

Type:Null is basically a failed Arceus clone experiment

Cynthia in Battle Tree

(Pokemon website is having children's books starring sinnoh starters and other sinnoh pokemon too)

That said, maybe none of these things mean anything because SM have references to ALL other generations, to Kalos as much as to Kanto even. Hoenn, Unova, Sinnoh not so much but still enough, and Johto's a bit less than Kalos

I did acknowledge that every region has references to previous regions. " Every set of games has references to previous regions, but there tend to be more references to the next region getting a remake than any other, plus data for Pokemon from those regions found in the games."

I don't really consider Battle Tree characters as references to previous regions or remake hints. A lot of games have had returning characters from former games, and aside from possibly Jasmine showing up in Johto I don't believe it's ever been anything more than just a character returning. Looker has been in every game from Platinum onwards except HGSS, Cynthia was in BW and BW2, Crasher Wake was in HGSS, a lot of characters were in the PWT, and some characters from a variety of regions showed up for the Battle Tree in SM. I also don't consider the mention of Pokemon from previous regions as a reference to the regions themselves (re: Giratina, Palkia, and Bronzong mentioned in Burnet's books). 

Point taken about everything else, though. I didn't know the Pokemon website had Sinnoh books since I only really visit the website when there's new info on upcoming games. 

Personally I want to see XD Sequel on Switch. It's less likely to happen but I think it's more interesting that way. Imagine coming back to Orre but now Orre has more wild Pokemon with regional variants too. Also, Mirror B please~

13 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I did acknowledge that every region has references to previous regions. " Every set of games has references to previous regions, but there tend to be more references to the next region getting a remake than any other, plus data for Pokemon from those regions found in the games."

I don't really consider Battle Tree characters as references to previous regions or remake hints. A lot of games have had returning characters from former games, and aside from possibly Jasmine showing up in Johto I don't believe it's ever been anything more than just a character returning. Looker has been in every game from Platinum onwards except HGSS, Cynthia was in BW and BW2, Crasher Wake was in HGSS, a lot of characters were in the PWT, and some characters from a variety of regions showed up for the Battle Tree in SM. I also don't consider the mention of Pokemon from previous regions as a reference to the regions themselves (re: Giratina, Palkia, and Bronzong mentioned in Burnet's books). 

Point taken about everything else, though. I didn't know the Pokemon website had Sinnoh books since I only really visit the website when there's new info on upcoming games. 

True about battle facilities and returning characters there.. They do appear often, especially Cynthia. Jasmine was definitely a reference and hint to HGSS because she told the player that they should visit Johto sometime or something (don't recall precisely)

For Pokemon, well I still believe at least some instances of mention are hints or references, previous hints have included even game color references to the next incoming remakes so it's not a stretch to take pokemon as that too. Overall SM made it so it's quite hard to see what exactly is the intended hinting

As much as a Sinnoh remake would make many people happy there needs to be another region before another remake can be made (if GameFreak follows the same schedule). A second phase of Alolan games (Stars or whatever) would be most likely.

In response to Masquerain: So far Gamefreak has done a remake after every two regions. Kanto remake came after Kanto and Johto were intorduced. Johto remakes were made after Hoenn and Sinnoh were made. Hoenn remakes were given to us after Unova and Kalos were made. Thus, with Alola being the 7th gen, if the trend continues, gen 8 will be introduced before Sinnoh remakes.

Edited by Froiky

11 hours ago, Froiky said:

As much as a Sinnoh remake would make many people happy there needs to be another region before another remake can be made (if GameFreak follows the same schedule). A second phase of Alolan games (Stars or whatever) would be most likely.

I don't think that's right.. I mean, we already had the new region after the last remake (Kalos->Hoenn remake-> Alola-> Sinnoh remake) and ORAS were released after XY without any form of 3rd game or sequel, so technically it IS in schedule to release Sinnoh remakes right in this order. The real reason for doubting the remakes is the fact we already had a remake on the 3ds and usually it's 1 per handheld system. Other than that, I think it all depends on what Gamefreak plans to do with Gen 7. Will they butcher everything and leave them half-finished like XY felt or will there really be a Stars codename 3rd version/sequel and if yes, what exactly and where exactly will it be