[Season 2] Suggestion thread

Personthing

Now that the first week of the Redemption League's second season has come to a close, we'd like some suggestions and feedback from you all. What have you guys liked so far? What have you not liked? Is there anything that you think that we could do to make this a more enjoyable experience for everyone? Leave and discuss suggestions and feedback in this thread, and we'll get back to you guys about what's being said here.

Edited by Personthing

make cacturne less gallade-like and more on-schedule >:c

also more non-singles redemption tours pls!! doubles / triples would be nice, especially triples since all of the b1 leaders use triples. and if you could make redemption 1v1s or battle spot singles a thing c:

• Global Mods

I don't know if they actually actively look at them, but I don't like the idea of leaders looking at trainers cards, it seems to weigh the fight in their favor immediately, and makes any sort of surprise coverage moves or gimmicks significantly less useful because they know what you have and can play around it, and similarly they don't have to worry about things that are common on certain pokemon if they know yours doesn't have it. Other things include knowing whether mixed pokemon are physically or specially focused to wall them better, changing certain items out to protect against specific things and getting a better idea which format the challengers team is more suited to, and targeting their weakness.

yeah I understand that, but the leaders should by notified when a trainer card has been changed. My card hasn't been finished yet (not hating on it btw) but every leader I faced gave this reaction like I wasn't using my registered team on my old card

• Global Mods

It could be interesting if movesets were changeable like abilities and items etc currently are, so just the team of Pokemon was set. 

It just sorta feels like it somewhat discourages gimmicks and other random left-field stuff becuase much of that gains a lot of effectiveness with the element of surprise by not being what people expect and therefore not countering it

Edited by DreamblitzX

23 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I don't know if they actually actively look at them, but I don't like the idea of leaders looking at trainers cards, it seems to weigh the fight in their favor immediately, and makes any sort of surprise coverage moves or gimmicks significantly less useful because they know what you have and can play around it, and similarly they don't have to worry about things that are common on certain pokemon if they know yours doesn't have it. Other things include knowing whether mixed pokemon are physically or specially focused to wall them better, changing certain items out to protect against specific things and getting a better idea which format the challengers team is more suited to, and targeting their weakness.

While most leaders do prepare teams according to the challengers' team, it doesn't necessarily make the game shift to their favor (otherwise nobody would be earning any badges at all >>). Items and EV spreads make a lot of difference - so its easy to play around for the element of surprise. Remember that leaders are also restricted to using a single type - so its fair in a sense they get access to the moves and the mons challengers use. 

And @Jmanultrax1 that is exactly why we created the Restart thread to avoid further confusion and hassle. 

Just now, Xiri said:

While most leaders do prepare teams according to the challengers' team, it doesn't necessarily make the game shift to their favor (otherwise nobody would be earning any badges at all >>). Items and EV spreads make a lot of difference - so its easy to play around for the element of surprise. Remember that leaders are also restricted to using a single type - so its fair in a sense they get access to the moves and the mons challengers use. 

And @Jmanultrax1 that is exactly why we created the Restart thread to avoid further confusion and hassle. 

I posted my changes before the thread was made, and they said don't worry about posting them again

12 minutes ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

I posted my changes before the thread was made, and they said don't worry about posting them again

Yeah you should be fine but I meant for the challengers that will restart in the future

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

2 hours ago, Xiri said:

And just to add, we challengers have the luxury of seeing how the leaders are playing their matches so somehow, we have insights on their playstyles so I think its kind of bit fair for both sides. 

As for suggestions, I think it would be interesting if you guys could make a thread where leaders or challengers could post interesting replays of their league battles mainly for boasting (lol) or for pointing out strategies against certain leaders and helping other challenger prepare their plays.

Edited by Mr. Penglog

• Global Mods

This is more of a question than a suggestion, but I figured it'd be the best place to ask.

If a leader is making someone uncomfortable, would that leader be told to stop? I realize these are people playing the personalities of characters, but I thought some things Edgar said today were questionable. Most notably his "whale of a mother" comment to someone. No one seemed to mind, but I think saying something like that is going way too far without knowing if the person you're talking to is okay with it. Like I said no one seemed to mind so I assume it wasn't a problem here, but I definitely wouldn't be okay if someone talked to me like that, whether they're roleplaying or not. Reading some of what Edgar said actually made my heart rate go up even though nothing was directed at me and no one else minded. One of the community rules is "Fun at the expense of others isn't fun" and I assume the league has the same rules as the forums, but I just wanted to make sure so this doesn't possibly happen to me. 

20 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Yeah, leader vs leader dialogue is all fun and games, and it's entertaining to watch. I was just worried about leaders being overly aggressive to challengers who may not be okay with that.

Leader vs Leader dialogue probably will not change, but I can tell you this will be changed and others will be warned if it gets out of hand. Comments made towards leaders that are unnecessary will follow with a warning not to do it again as well and vice versa. Just message one of us and it will be addressed.

9 hours ago, Melody said:

Leader vs Leader dialogue probably will not change, but I can tell you this will be changed and others will be warned if it gets out of hand. Comments made towards leaders that are unnecessary will follow with a warning not to do it again as well and vice versa. Just message one of us and it will be addressed.

But can I still ask the hot leaders out for a date?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's basically two things that crossed my mind recently.

1. The Token Waffle rules.

I'm not sure how fleshed out this system is yet, but it appears to be in a sort of testing phase. Anyways, it might be interesting to perform the waffle either once or twice weekly (Sunday or Friday/Sunday). Maybe even include a little blurb about them on the weekly redemption update. Also, it might also be beneficial to enter all challengers above a certain badge limit into the waffle. This hopefully prevents awarding tokens to challengers in the lower bracket people who have the opportunity to restart without much loss while higher challengers who might need to token for progression will still be able to get them (and have a bit of a higher chance due to smaller pool). Maybe people who've obtained somewhere above 7-10 badges would be eligible (just spitballing a possible range that could work)? It also makes sure that waffles don't happen only in one session. Oh, and make sure that the previous weeks winners are not eligible for the next 1-2 weeks of waffles. 

2. Leader Team Suggestion Thread

It seems that some leaders are really struggling to come up with unique team ideas that they like without having to be stuck with a certain strategy. So, why not have the challengers help out a bit with team construction? For providing a valid team, there could be a small reward like a token of some sort with a limit to how often this could be used to obtain one. The one issue with something like this might be that challengers know exact (or almost exact) sets/spreads of the leader, but with a little bit of work the challenger could do this anyway with the current rules so it's not overly beneficial to the serious challengers.

Anyways, that's all I've got for today. 

Edited by Cyanna Cyril
Adding the independence of sessions to reason for waffle rule, and the non-repeating winner rule

19 hours ago, Cobalt996 said:

Perhaps it would be viable to rerun the trial for Penelope getting a mega, but for Ampahros or Sceptile instead.

Ampharos and Sceptile do nothing to address the issues Penelope is having (Fairy and Ice spam) and would just never be used over Altaria outside of some bizarre counterteam. There's no point giving any leader something like this unless it achieves something.

22 hours ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

1. The Token Waffle rules.

Yes, it's mostly just for testing a new system to reward people besides only the people who would win every tourny. There's only been two raffles so far, and they both happened to be in Late Session, and we are bringing them to Early as well. The system certainly needs some work, and we might try some different ideas to see what works best.

22 hours ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

2. Leader Team Suggestion Thread

If the leaders want help with teams, that's all their choice. Rewarding players so hard just for something like this doesn't feel right, to me at least. And that's another issue, if the players build the team, they'll know exactly what the team is capable of and how to counter it (perfect speed EVs etc) and if the leader changes their team to best prepare for specific challengers, that's the definition of counter-teaming, which is kind of taboo around here or something. Some leaders might need to counterteam to an extent in order to provide challenge on a player-by-player basis since sometimes using the same team all day sometimes doesn't go very well when players later in the queue are scouting the match prior. 

5 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

I know this may not happen or that it's impossible to make it happen, but how about having custom music when we fight the Redemption Leaders?

I mean some of us play our own music for our battles, so it's not that hard to do.