Seventh Gen pokemon for gym leaders

Gab1

I was thinking about which pokemon in the seventh gen would be great for gym leaders. It goes as following:

Julia:

maybe Charchabug, but nothing very special here

Florinia

nothing special there either

Corey

-Sallazle would be pretty destructive for Corey, because of its insane speed and the fact that it can literally poison everything

Shelly

-Golisopod would definitely be perfect for her, because of her rain strategy. It would become a nightmare for a lot of chalengers

Shade

-Mimikyu, because of his fairy typing that protects it from dark-types. Its Ability is insane and it is soooooo cute!

Kiki

Anything special here

Aya

-As for Corey, maybe a Sallazle

-A Toxapex would be a great tank for her

Noel

-Komala, with its Comatose ability, would be a good pokemon for Noel

Randomus

Nothing that is not already made better by one of his actual pokemon, except marbe the Alolan Raichu

Luna

-The only dark-type except Silvally and Guzzlord is Incineroar, which is actually pretty nice

Samson

-Kommo-o would definitely be great for him, since it has the Soundproof ability, and he actually fights in a field that boosts sound-based moves

Terra

-Mudsdale is insane with Stamina

Charlotte

Nothing very special

Ciel

-Minior, with Shell Smash and a White Herb, would be good, moreover I think Earthquake can get stronger on the Big Top (against electric and rock)

Adrienn

-As for Shade, a Mimikyu

Since the other leaders did not came out yet, I did not put them here.

If you have any other suggestion, don't hesitate to put it in the comments!

• Global Mods

Ame has confirmed Julia is getting Oricorio, Shelly is getting Ribombee, and Shade is getting Mimikyu. I think there were a few others but those are the three I remember. 

I think Alolan Ninetales would fit Serra very well, and Alolan Dugtrio would fit Terra. I'm actually surprised Terra doesn't already have Dugtrio since wack-a-mole is a popular game and she has a mallet.

5 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Ame has confirmed Julia is getting Oricorio, Shelly is getting Ribombee, and Shade is getting Mimikyu. I think there were a few others but those are the three I remember. 

I think Alolan Ninetales would fit Serra very well, and Alolan Dugtrio would fit Terra. I'm actually surprised Terra doesn't already have Dugtrio since wack-a-mole is a popular game and she has a mallet.

Ame has confirmed leaders' new pokemons?

Where can I see it?

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Ame confirmed that Serra's team would be reworked to center around Aurora Vei and that she will be giving out the TM for it. So I'm guessing that A-Ninetales is pretty much a guarantee, it might even become her new ace since it fits Serra so well.

Another thing I'd like to see are the leaders getting to use Z-Moves, if done well it could be devastating. I'd personally love to see Noel get Z-Conversion for his Porygon-Z, and also a few leaders could use Z-Moves to cover their weaknesses better (such as Charlotte's Typhlosion getting Bloom Doom).

Edited by Farnsworth

• Veterans

Moving aside from Gym leaders, let's look at the Elite 4 for a second. Gen 7 brought forth Drampa and Oranguru both of which are amazing mons for El to use, especially in doubles. First of all, their secondary stabs aside from Normal get boosted by the field Dragon and Psychic respectively. Second of all, both have access to Nature Power(Which Ame loves to use on trainers with fields.) This turns into JUDGEMENT on the Holy Field. So you have 2 mons with EXTREMELY Powerful dual stabs and godly coverage in Drampa's case or the ability to make Mega Kangaskhan hit 4 times in 1 turn on Oranguru(Provided the AI is smart enough.) This is absolutely brutal and I fully expect the two.

I think giving a Salazzle to Corey would be too op.
Didn't Corey have a Grimer? I'd see that one changing in an Alolan Grimer to counter psychic more.
Also, I am not excited for Z-moves at all (I just hate them). Is it confirmed that Z-moves makes it's way to Reborn?

10 minutes ago, guidy said:

I think giving a Salazzle to Corey would be too op.
Didn't Corey have a Grimer? I'd see that one changing in an Alolan Grimer to counter psychic more.
Also, I am not excited for Z-moves at all (I just hate them). Is it confirmed that Z-moves makes it's way to Reborn?

http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/development/records/putting-the-z-back-in-zzzzzzzzzzzzz-r12/

From the Development Blog, we know Z-moves will be in the game. Not sure if that means gym leaders will use them or not. Would actually be interesting to see how they use them

Edited by Lucky1998