Horror movie suggestions?

The Grinch

So the Netflix in my country has a very short selection of horror movies, which means I've seen nearly everything on that list except for the terrible looking ones. Anyone has a suggestion for a good (Bonus point if it's paranormal) horror movie?

1 minute ago, 5hift said:

You ever see Fear Inc.?

Its not exactly a horror film, kind of a parody of them but if have seen a lot of horror films you'll understand the references to them in the movie.

Haven't seen it, but it looks interesting! Thanks :)

The Last Airbender will horrify you to your core considering how great the source material is.  Alternatively, Dragonball Evolution.

Sorry that I can't give any serious suggestions.  I'm not a big fan of horror, so my list of suggestions is fairly small, if not non-existent.

Just now, seki108 said:

The Last Airbender will horrify you to your core considering how great the source material is.  Alternatively, Dragonball Evolution.

Sorry that I can't give any serious suggestions.  I'm not a big fan of horror, so my list of suggestions is fairly small, if not non-existent.

No worries, they seem qualified to be horror movies!

I heard Recovery is a pretty good horror movie but I never saw it myself.

This may seem kinda off topic but have you considered playing any horror video games?

Resident Evil Biohazard just came out and its pretty gruesome.

6 minutes ago, Isa.phoria said:

No worries, they seem qualified to be horror movies!

If you're a fan of Avatar: the Last Airbender or Dragonball, these films might as well be.

The only somewhat recent movie I watched that might classify as horror was a movie called "The Den".  I don't remember much except it was sort of an 'internet stalker' story that got a little too real for an unfortunate person.  I think it was on Netflix, but it's been a while.  Kind of 'meh' but it might do.

Edited by seki108

Just now, 5hift said:

I heard Recovery is a pretty good horror movie but I never saw it myself.

This may seem kinda off topic but have you considered playing any horror video games?

Resident Evil Biohazard just came out and its pretty gruesome.

I'll check it out

I actually haven't, figured I might be too spooked from it funny enough

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

If you're a fan of Avatar: the Last Airbender or Dragonball, these films might as well be.

The only somewhat recent movie I watched that might classify as horror was a movie called "The Den".  I don't remember much except it was sort of an 'internet stalker' story that got a little too real for an unfortunate person.  I think it was on Netflix, but it's been a while.  Kind of 'meh' but it might do.

I'll check it out anyway :)

2 minutes ago, sharkzilla said:

the one i remeber for now are hush, the thing and the witch

I've seen Hush and The thing (Nice classic). Hush was creepy. Don't think I've seen The witch so I'll check that out

What We Do in The Shadows is a "Documentary" following a group of vampires. Not really scary, but is probably one of the funniest movies I've even seen.

Troll Hunter is made to be a found footage film, and is pretty good and a little scary. Think of it like a better version of the Blare Witch. (Note, there is a show called Troll Hunters, which is very different.)

1 minute ago, Combat Medic said:

What We Do in The Shadows is a "Documentary" following a group of vampires. Not really scary, but is probably one of the funniest movies I've even seen.

Troll Hunter is made to be a found footage film, and is pretty good and a little scary. Think of it like a better version of the Blare Witch. (Note, there is a show called Troll Hunters, which is very different.)

I'll check it :)

Fun fact: I live in Scandinavia and Troll hunter isn't even available on Netflix lol

Just now, sharkzilla said:

i also remember the cabin in the woods (i find it a bit humorous), it follows and the invitation 

I think I've seen 2 of them, 'It follows' doesn't ring any bell tho. Sounds like a paranormal movie :D

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

as Seki said, the last airbender will ruin your childhood dreams. other then that I have no idea about horror since I personally hate it :/

I should trick my friend into seeing it with me then

8 minutes ago, 5hift said:

Have you seen any of the Alien movies?

Aliens was probably my favorite of the series since I'm more of an action/thriller guy but I suppose its still in the horror boat.

Oh, I loved those movies! I remember when I was a kid I begged my dad for him to let me see them as they looked so cool

EDIT: The old ones I mean

Edited by Isa.phoria

Looks like I'm gonna be right at home here :-)

Paranormal horror I can recommend (not sure if it's all on Netflix)

- Inisidious (all of them, really)

- Conjuring (only seen the first)

- Blair Witch Project (it's also found footage, but in my eyes a must-see classic and terrifying if you can get into it)

- Sixth Sense (Shyamalan CAN occasionally make a good movie)

I personally love horror flicks with a bit of homour to them, hence my favorite franchises are probably Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street, and Child's Play if I wanna go really over the top.

I am also beyond hyped for this year's remake of Stephen King's IT, that movie terrified me to my core when I first saw it as a relatively young child.

1 minute ago, AlphaJay said:

Looks like I'm gonna be right at home here :-)

Paranormal horror I can recommend (not sure if it's all on Netflix)

- Inisidious (all of them, really)

- Conjuring (only seen the first)

- Blair Witch Project (it's also found footage, but in my eyes a must-see classic and terrifying if you can get into it)

- Sixth Sense (Shyamalan CAN occasionally make a good movie)

I personally love horror flicks with a bit of homour to them, hence my favorite franchises are probably Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street, and Child's Play if I wanna go really over the top.

I am also beyond hyped for this year's remake of Stephen King's IT, that movie terrified me to my core when I first saw it as a relatively young child.

I really like the Insidious movies, hard to pick a favorite from them tho. I think I've seen the second Conjuring movie and Annabelle, but I should check out the first one, Sixth sense and Blair witch project :D I looked it up and it sorta reminds me of that german movie ''The presence''. 

I actually haven't seen IT (Although it looks fantastic) and with all the clown mask prank going on\went on, it wouldn't be a better time than now to see it :D

Make sure to watch the old Blair Witch, I think there was a new movie in 2016 with basically the same title. The one I mean is from 1998 or so.

IT is a 3-hour tv movie, and seriously, only the first half is really brilliant. It is split in half between the childhood years and adulthood of the protagonists. But it is worth checking out for Tim Curry's portrayal of the demonic clown alone. That really makes the entire movie so amazing.

Let me know what you think of the ending of Sixth Sense, in case you have not heard of the twist someplace. It's truly great.

Edited by AlphaJay