Shiny Breeding?

bubbby7474

So, I've been breeding for a shiny Eevee for about three of days now, and I have four boxes full of Eevees, but not one shiny, so I'm wondering: I soft reset for a shiny Ditto and I'm wondering if that's messing it up or if I'm just that unlucky.

Edited by bubbby7474

22 minutes ago, bubbby7474 said:

So, I've been breeding for a shiny Eevee for about three of days now, and I have four boxes full of Eevees, but not one shiny, so I'm wondering: I soft reset for a shiny Ditto and I'm wondering if that's messing it up or if I'm just that unlucky.

Shininess of the parent doesn't influence the child, from what I've heard.  It seems you are just unlucky.  Do you have the shiny charm yet?

Just now, seki108 said:

Shininess of the parent doesn't influence the child, from what I've heard.  It seems you are just unlucky.  Do you have the shiny charm yet?

Oh, does the shiny charm increase the odds of a shiny breeding too? I thought it only affected random encounters... good to know!

Just now, seki108 said:

No, I don't. Thanks for letting me know, though now I have to ask, you get the shiny charm at the end of the current version right?

1 minute ago, Maltor said:

Oh, does the shiny charm increase the odds of a shiny breeding too? I thought it only affected random encounters... good to know!

I'm just assuming it does, so someone with actual knowledge of it can correct me.  

@bubbby7474  You can get it as soon as you complete the plot on the snow mountain town (where Heather was held captive), before even battling Terra.  Just go back to the house with Eclipse's dad.

Edited by seki108

Just now, bubbby7474 said:

No, I don't. Thanks for letting me know, though now I have to ask, you get the shiny charm at the end of the current version right?

I think you could get it on E15, before beating Ciel, but you need to make a specific set of choices when prompted on the main storyline.

4 minutes ago, bubbby7474 said:

I just realized this is the Rejuevination thread, so I can't help you with getting it in that game.

Just now, seki108 said:

I just realized this is the Rejuevination thread, so I can't help you with getting it in that game.

It's no problem. I don't know if there is a shiny charm in Rejuvenation, but I'm assuming shiny odds are the same, so I'm just thinking I'm unlucky, so thank you.