[Tresspassers IC] The Tenth God: Waddle Dee (Subplot)

Shamitako

TTG Discord

Before we begin, a short explanation of the travel system:

You start at 0 and are trying to reach 7. Each location will give you a choice between solving a puzzle and braving the Wilds. Braving the wilds will cause an encounter and has a 25% chance of sending you back 1, 25% change of sending you forward 1, and a 50% chance of sending you laterally. Solving the puzzle will let you choose whether or not to have an encounter and take you forward 1. Failing the puzzle will send you back 1 through the wilds, but will not cause an encounter. Entering the Wilds, either intentionally or by puzzle failure, causes all previous locations to become inaccessible. When the choice to check out the puzzle or brave the wilds is presented, you will each be allowed one post presenting the choice your character wishes to take

Leaving a location without the group will result in your character becoming permanently lost to an endless, fiery void

For now you begin at -1, which is just the meeting place. Feel free to have some social interactions. If you want information on what you're doing IC, you're gonna have to pry, Chronos has a habit of assuming everyone relevant to it already knows why they're relevant

~~~

The members of Chronos's selected group found themselves suddenly in a place totally unlike where they had just been. The group stood in the ruins of what appeared to have been a small building made of stone. The walls had crumbled and the floor had specks of grey and black ash scattered about it. Conveniently, the standing one blocked out the sun, which was extremely low and bright. The whole area seemed to have an ambient orange glow. The area outside looked like it belonged in a dramatized depiction of hell or a volcano. More grey and black ash coated everything, low jets of fire shot up periodically from different areas. There even seemed to be a couple pools of molten rock. Hiroki and Tesla would likely recognize that it was the Plane of Wrath, there wasn't exactly anywhere else in Tempest that matched this description.

Not far from the group stood a small rotund creature with a mask and cape. Yellow eyes stared blankly at them from the gap in its visor, their chilling gaze making the otherwise laughable creature seem rather intimidating.

"Greetings, warriors." The being said in a deep voice, "I am Chronos, forgive my odd appearance, this was the only available body capable of housing my being. We'll be embarking shortly to find the Access Dispel, but take a moment to acclimate yourself to the surroundings, you'll be dealing with this place for a while yet."

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atton had been busy getting dressed and ready for the parade when Chronos had taken him, and he reacted to the sooty and ashy surroundings the way any proud man wearing all white would react, by demanding to see the manager "Of course you are, now look here....Mister, I don't know how they do it in wherever it is you come from, but where I come from it is considered distasteful to take a soldier away from his well earned rest".

Edited by Cronos5010

I'm glad I don't live in Wrath. . . 'Desolate' was a generous descriptor for Tempest at times - not that Hiroki really knew the difference - but Wrath was particularly unpleasant. "Um, hello, Chronos. . . What are we fighting? If they're, um, resistant to Favor. . ." She couldn't finish the question; it was a thought she loathed. Will I be useless? 

argent looks around.

(could use some work.....I like the glow though.)

he looks at chronos

"heading for the what? Can you step back and explain what exactly were doing here?"

he then looks at atton 

"oh and hi, I'm argent. Where you on the castle with us or did you just get dragged into this mess?"

Atton turned slowly to face the little bo-correction, the demon masquerading as a small boy, Atton slowly but surely dropped the attache case he had been carrying, and took out a single silver cross and placed it on his neck "Wait, this is hell isn't it? This is what happens when you tell God that you are bored isn't it? He ships you off to a Dante's inferno style trip to get you to appreciate the things you have more?" He looked at the being calling itself Chronos and tried to get a read on them "You will make a poor Virgil, or are you Charon? Probably the latter, I have yet to see the sign telling me to lose hope", he sighed and picked up his company's banner and proceeded to assemble the pole he would carry it on.

Edited by Cronos5010

Atton finished assembling the pole and started to pray to God for his protection, and he proceeded to place the banner on the pole and picked it up with his free hand, he smiled as the white banner proceeded to radiate holy energy as usual.

Atton dropped the now suspiciously non existent attache case on the floor and took out his service weapon, a medium sized handgun, and made a show of cocking the weapon before everyone in sight, and he finished with a barely audible "May the lord hear my prayers, Amen".

Dimitri Kuznetsov 

Hell. It looked like Hell. Close the enough to it at any rate. He couldn't hear the screams of the damned, so there was that. It's not much, but at least it makes for easier conversation. 

Producing a handkerchief from his pockets, one that he and he alone knew he did lacked, he wipes his brow. Still in business it seems. Excellent.

He turns to the client, Cronos and smiles, nodding at his explanation. 

"Cronos was it? Time permitting, you'd best run over the briefing again. Where we are, what this 'Access Dispel' is, and all the other details of this operation was not delivered to all of us."

He nods again, this time to the girl, his smile as unfaltering and fakely genuine as always. 

"And you, must be Hiroki then. I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you, my name is Dimitri Kuznetsov, marksmen, amongst other things." 

That was true, and not much else. His name was indeed Dimitri Kuznetsov. Good luck finding it on any documents. Good luck finding it on anything. Anything at all. That was the truth, and what good was it? 

Edited by Empiricist

Leon look around the meeting place, and he's not really interested with it's scene, remind him of Moatoob but dial it up to 11. 'awful' is a very light word to describe it, but he spotted someone he actually know.

"Argent? Glad I could find someone I actually know" Leon sighs to himself.

"and you," he looked at Cronos "Cronos, can you explain properly, what are we searching for? and why do we have to find this thing?"

"It causes painful non-existence in any demonic entity it hits with one of it's bullets", Atton proceeds to not point the gun at the demon-"child", it is never a good idea to introduce yourself to a group by threatening to harm a creature with the appearance of a child, but he decided to point out this anomaly by saying "What sort of company brings a child to a battlefield? What is he supposed to be? A Mascot? Or is he one of those 'child soldiers' that terrible people use?".

Meta!Chronos

Chronos was going to reply to Atton and Argent, but the two far too quickly became distracted with each other for it to give them a proper response. If they had wanted answers they should have been willing to wait five seconds for Chronos to give them. Since it couldn't respond to them, it dedicated its time to Hiroki.

"I'm not entirely sure what to call them. They're such strange little beings." It said, "No matter what countermeasures I employ, they still take a very long time to clear out. And they come in rather large groups. According to Meta Knight, that's the being that currently houses me, they're rather easy for him to deal with, so I assume it must be that my abilities are somehow weakened against them."

Chronos noticed Atton's rather obvious cocking of his gun. It whipped Meta Knight's cape around and suddenly disappeared, reappearing almost instantly next to Atton wielding a golden sword. It flourished with the sword and suddenly Atton's gun was residing in Meta Knight's hand.

"You will not threaten your allies in any fashion, am I clear?" It said forcibly, "The next time someone threatens or harms an ally, I will immediately mark them as a threat and apply the full of my power to remove the threat to the Plane's well-being."

Hiroki breathed a slight sigh of relief at Chronos's intervention. She held no particular attachment to Argent or anyone here other than possibly Eon - she'd just met them today - but she also didn't exactly advocate child murder. Now that the man was disarmed, she could reply to Dimitri. "Um, yes, I'm Yukimura Hiroki, also known as the Hellfire Knight." She turned her attention back to Chronos, who was apparently a person? creature? called Meta Knight at the moment as well. "Are mechs affected?"

Prei opened her eyes and looked around. A strange room, filled with strange people. An unknown place. Where was she? One minute she had been in the wilds, tracking down a rogue Drow, and the next she had found herself here.

She dusted off her armor and gripped Myriad tightly in hand, taking stock of her situation. It seemed that she had somehow dropped in on a dispute of some kind. A strange-looking creature was holding a sword to the throat of a humanoid. Deciding that it would be too much trouble to get involved, she quietly dropped her cloak on the ground and stretched out her wings, savouring the freedom of not having to hide them. Her brilliant blue eyes swept across the room. She spun Myriad once, then shouldered it and waited. It was probably prudent to wait for the conflict to die down before asking for an explanation. The possibility of the Drow escaping niggled away at her mind, but she had learnt the Drow's name and address. She could track the criminal down whenever.

"I feel like you don't particularly love guns now do you? Also what ally threatening? I was just having a polite conversation with this 10 year old boy about the usage of the fine weapon that I had previously been inspecting for damage" Atton sighs at how twitchy the company was, the situation must have been very dark if they let a civilian participate in an active war zone "Also who let the small child burn people to death with demonic magic?".

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

Snow had arrived still balancing herself on the pommel of her blade. Except, now the frost covered blade found itself embedded in the stone rather than a wooden floor. No matter, she could recall the blade to it's sheathe anyway. She sighed under her breathe but, kept her "eyes" closed to the world for the time being. Being disturbed from her meditation yet again wasn't exactly... something she was hoping for. She could probably continue, if the mortals didn't insist on being as loud as possible and having stupid quarrels that they should be beyond by now.

"Man, this fucking song and dance is getting massively old." thought to herself. She otherwise continued her silence in the back, still balancing atop her sword on a single foot.

Victoria had been a bit surprised when she had suddenly appeared in fire and brimstone hell, but considering what had happened only hours ago not as surprised as one might expect. She recovered quick enough, and took stock of the situation. Location: Probably not actually hell. Assistance: The team, although there seem to be tensions already. Looking at the man with the gun she was already uncomfortable - she'd met enough over-zealous bible thumpers, and he seemed the type. She hoped he wouldn't be an actual issue and just kept it to dirty looks and conspicuous gun-cocking. 

As for the mission itself, she figured best ask her questions now. "When you're done with that, I'm going to have to repeat the man's questions." she says. One from an Earth-like world might be able to pinpoint her accent as an urban-British type. Perhaps London. "I don't know about the others but I don't think I was briefed on what precisely we'll be doing."

Meta!Chronos

Chronos decided not to grace Atton with a response. It sheathed Meta Knight's sword in his cape; as it did so, the gun vanished into thin air. It turned and answered Victoria, as she was the most recent one to ask the question they had all been asking. It remained endlessly frustrating that most beings couldn't simply know what they needed without it having to constantly explain itself.

"I have brought you here to look for the Access Dispel." It said, "The Access Dispel is an item which can return creatures to their home reality. I need it because there is an infestation of creatures, similar to the one I currently inhabit, which have proved resistant to my power. I could deal with the incursion eventually, but this will be much faster and help prevent collateral damage."

It then gave Hiroki it's attention again.

"I have no way of knowing for certain, but chances are yes." It explained, "But due to their nature, I expect they're effected much less than my power. Mechs are a physical manifestation of Favor, which means they also have some physical properties. They don't entirely nullify Favor in the first place."

Snow heard a crackling static inside her mind, she was versed enough in mental power to realize that this was not just any normal telepathy, but her mind directly being invaded.

"Forgive my intrusion, Lady Ashford." Chronos said, "But your mind is rather powerful so I couldn't help but overhear. Do you mean to imply this has happened before?"

"Basically we are here to trek through hellish terrain, kill the things you mentioned if they try to attack us, and give you the artifact so that you can throw them out of the bar as far as possible? That seems like a needlessly simple series of tasks that we could have started doing much earlier if we had been informed of this beforehand" Atton glances at his attache case after his gun had disappeared, it didn't really matter to him, he still had his silver sword in there somewhere, and while it was mostly ceremonial, ceremonial in this case could still cut through flesh and get stuck in bones, never mind how silver reacts to demon flesh.

"To answer your previous question my name is Atton, and that is all you need to know for now. Where are your parents or legal guardians, and what Multiverse?".

Argent sighs. He had a feeling this was going to be a long adventure.

"I don't use demonic magic. I'm a half demon. Creating and controlling hellfire is a natural trait. Anyway my parents are probably out looking for me. The multiverse dident care to give us any warning that it was about to drag me off to fight evil. I would like to get back to them soon, preferably before mother starts fliping the town upside down but..."

He shakes his head

"As for the multiverse it's well.....the multiverse...and it's apparently in danger from reality eating monsters or something."

He then looks at chronos, his tail Twitches as he gets around to processing what he just said. Could this access dispel get him home? He'd like that. He hasn't been gone for long but.....

"Could this thing you need send me home?"

Eon looks over his surroundings, quite intrigued by the landscape. It had reminded him of some of the more fiery worlds he used to pass by. In passing, Eon wonders how anyone could reasonably live here, but he figured that anyone who did managed to adapt to the terrain. His thoughts were interrupted by yet more squabbles from others in the group. He decided to ignore it and ask Hiroki about this place.

"So this is your home realm Hiroki? I must say I didn't expect it to remind me of one of the molten worlds I've come across. Is all of this realm like this, or is this area just unique in its...terrain."

"I'm from Greed. This, um, is Wrath. It's not really known for being the friendliest of the Planes. . ." She did wonder something, though. Were they deep in the wilds, then? She didn't see any signs of civilization at all beyond this one; Wrath wasn't the most densely populated of the Planes by a long shot - three guesses why - but there should have been some sort of structures visible other than the ruin they currently occupied. 

"This seems to be a recurring theme too..." Tesla had watched in relative silence as the insolent chaos of some of the group members unfolded in front of her. Most of her time had been spent regaining her bearings after so sudden another warp in just as few days. The massive ball of raw fision energy glowing in the distance was a painfully obvious indicator.

"Well, on the one hand, I'm back... but on the other, it ain' t where I want or need to be...of all the damn planes, why was it Wrath? " "Saying it's not the friendliest is the understatement of the Era, I'm afraid..." she spoke up after the girl, Hellfire Knight, apparently from Tempest herself as well from the snippets of conversation she'd heard "You mess up and get lost in this place, and Tempest is confusing enough to most of the people born here, so theoretically, that's not hard for outsiders, and your life is more than likely over. You don't get lucky enough to find some sort of settlement before the radiation and heat exposure becomes too great, and well... most people kinda just spontaneously combust, you see..."