TotMGV:G2: Return to Rio (Subplot)

DragonRage

Lexiel makes the rounds of the various rooms of the castle, repeating a similar message to each group she encounters.  “So, a couple old friends got in contact with me late last night.  I don’t know how they managed to track down a Planeswalker, much less convince them to relay a message, but they did.  They’re in trouble, big time.  The message was brief, but they need help, thousands of lives are at stake, and something weird is going on.  I don’t know how weird, but it’s probably worth looking into.  They sent a teleporter along; it’s got eight uses, I think, and is probably one way, but it’ll get you to where you’re headed.  Presumably we can fetch you in the castle once you’re done.  My friends will have to fill you in on the rest.  So, any volunteers?”

You step through the teleporter in a flash of blue, entering a rather Spartan room of concrete and metal.  Two guys are playing cards at a folding table across the room.  When they notice you, one of them runs off, while the other explains that his friend has gone to fetch the boss.  After a few minutes, two rather distinctive individuals walk into the room, and the other card player steps out.

The first one in is a lithe, dark-skinned guy whose head is covered in a mess of black dreadlocks.  He has an open, friendly expression, and wears a bizarre outfit that looks like a combination of armored skates and wearable soundstage.  The second is a towering, heavily muscled blonde woman, with very fair skin, clad in a lightly armored jumpsuit and heavy combat boots.  A faintly visible, crackling field of blue energy surrounds her body, and she carries a massive cannon, as long as the smaller man is tall, over one shoulder.  As the man approaches the group and starts shaking hands, she grounds her weapon, making the table in the corner jump slightly, and leans on it, scowling.

“Yo, yo, pleased to meetcha!" The man says cheerfully, "Name’s Lucio, and Ms. Grumpy over there is Zarya.  We’re in charge of this little op.  Y’all aren’t exactly who I was expecting, but Lexiel’s face is plastered all over wanted posters around here since her last visit, and I did ask for some discretion.  If she trusts you, I can do the same.”

“We ask for one woman army, and she send us a collection of little girly men, greenhorns, and anachronisms,” Zarya grumbles in a thick Russian accent.  She sounds like she’s gargling marbles, and anyone who’s met Russians in the past might wonder if she’s exaggerating her accent for some reason.  “Well, Vishkar will never tag you as threat, at least.  We should send them on that mission.”

“Are you sure?  I mean, that’s kind of important,” Lucio frowns briefly, and it’s like a flashlight was flicked off, “I thought Genji and Ana were-”

“Genji said we do not have enough men,” Zarya states, “Too much to do for only him and Ana, and no one available to back him up.  They do not look like threat from our world.  They may slip by security measures.”

“You got a point.  Alright, here’s the low-down.  I’m in charge of a rebel cell here,” Lucio relates, “There’s this company called Vishkar, claims to be the shining light of hope for the downtrodden.  When they got outbid on the contract to rebuild Rio de Janeiro, that’s where we are now, they firebombed the offices of the local company that beat them out, and the surrounding ten blocks of favelas.  Real nasty folks.  Tried to drive the rest of the undesirables out the old fashioned way, but I organized a resistance force and we pushed them out.  Recently, our mole in the company sent us a warning.  Vishkar’s planning to fake a gas leak and blow us all to hell!  I started an evacuation, and called in Overwatch to help, but we’re spread thin, and we don’t have enough people to do what needs doing before we can get out.”

“Overwatch was global peacekeeping force.  Did good work in past.  Less official now, run off good reputation rather than United Nations backing.  I am liaison from Overwatch to resistance forces,” Zarya states, “But things get complicated.  Overwatch have less authority than it did in the past.  We can’t just arrest the CEO of Vishkar and investigate the company openly without proof of wrongdoing.  We are not police anymore.  But they are good at covering their tracks, and our mole got caught warning Lucio of the bombing.  Worse luck, our team is split, because the terrorist hacker Sombra is in town, and trying to crack Vishkar’s mainframe.  If she does, it will automatically delete any evidence we could use, so Winston, Athena, and I are needed to keep her out.  And as Lucio say, Genji and Ana cannot penetrate Vishkar Tower for rescue alone.  That is where you come in.”

“We need you to rescue our mole, the architech Symmetra.  We don’t abandon our own.  Holding cells are on floor 13, but there’s no ways onto that floor in the building plans.  You’ll have to figure something out.  We also need hard evidence of Vishkar’s wrongdoing,” Lucio offers the group a flash drive, “If you can copy the contents of their mainframe in the basement onto this, we can search it for dirt.  Or if you’d prefer a personal touch, the CEO herself has an office on the top floor.  For additional points of interest…  There’s a lab on floor thirty that’s probably full of useful goodies.  I hear Vishkar’s been putting a lotta cash into weapons research recently. Also a barracks on the third floor.  If you can find a way to keep Vishkar’s security teams from getting outta there, that’ll make it a lot easier for us to make a clean getaway with our people.”

“Genji and Ana will give you support when able.  Genji is,” Zarya sighs with warm exasperation, “A cyborg ninja.  He can disable guards, locks, security systems.  Ana is sniper and medic.  She can heal wounds, take down guards, and look into rooms from sniper nest.  But if they intervene too much, Vishkar security will wise up and drive them off.  We will give you radios for co-ordination.  But you must finish the mission and escape before sunrise.”

“It’s not like you’ve gotta hit them today.  We've got some time before things get dicey,” Lucio adds, “But Vishkar specializes in hard-light technology.  It’s real power-hungry, and Rio’s grid isn’t in the greatest shape.  They’ve set up solar panels to keep their tech juiced up, so during the daytime they’ve got a lot more options for containing intruders.  If the sun’s up, they can move walls around to trap you, turn parts of the building into turret nests, or just teleport you off the side of the roof.  Once you break in, the clock is ticking, and the sooner after sundown you breach, the more time you’ll have.  So, any questions?”

Isobel and LOTUS had followed along when Lexiel came around the castle, at Isobel's insistence. The botanist knew that she herself wasn't the biggest or most badass of the people gathered, but when she heard that thousands of lives were at stake she felt that she just had to help. Whatever was going on, maybe it was something that LOTUS could provide help with. When they get there, Isobel can't help but be a little intimidated by the concrete room -- concrete isn't a very common building material in space, after all, thanks to its brittleness and porousness, so it all contributed to everything looking rather military. Then when Zarya made her remark about greenhorns, Isobel couldn't help but wring her leather-gloved hands and look down, in large part because Zarya was right when it came to her and Isobel knew it (coincidentally, Zarya's accent doesn't sound particularly strange, for on the Exodus there are Russians and then there are Russians, a collection of people from a stretch of space formerly under tight Russian Federation hegemony, that tended to act in sometimes exaggerated and frequently belligerent ways).

LOTUS, on the other hand, wasn't bothered at all by their surroundings, the prospect of combat being nearly routine for him, and having no particular need for creature comforts. His reaction to Zarya's insult was merely to put a flat eyebrow-line on his display, indicating his lack of amusement -- but nonetheless, he listened carefully and took in every bit of information that he heard, such after all being one of his primary functions. After briefly ruminating on the briefing he spoke up in his dry, electronic voice. "Couple of questions, yes. First of all, this architect we're rescuing, Symmetra, once we get them out do they have any skills that might be useful? I want to keep track of every asset we've got to maybe work with. Second of all, you said that the thirteenth floor doesn't have any methods of ingress on the building plans -- what elevators, stairs, etc are there that will have to at least cross the space of the 13th floor in order to get from the 12th to 14th floors? If they weren't too smart with their floor design, perhaps we could make our own entry. Thirdly, I'd like to see the building plans myself, since I can store that data and use it. Oh, and if you don't have AI in this world, then congratulations science fiction is real."

Edited by Powder Miner

Zarya twitches slightly when LOTUS speaks up, hands heading for the grips of her massive cannon for a brief second before she catches herself.  "You carry omnic on your belt?  You are braver than I thought.  Perhaps too trusting, but brave.  And as for you, omnic, we will find you a copy of plans before you leave.  And Symmetra is Vishkar architech.  If you retrieve her equipment, she can create anything, imagination and power supply willing, from light itself.  Congratulations, Siri, science fiction is real."

"Hey, be cool, Zarya," Lucio adjusts something on his belt, and suddenly everyone in the room feels a bit calmer and more relaxed, "He's not even from this world, much less involved in any of the dustups we've had in the past.  From what I remember, the stairs don't get near the holding cells, but you might be able to cut through the elevator shaft if you had the right tools.  Oh, and we'll be sure to get you the plans before you leave, Mr... ?"

Isobel's eyebrows shoot upwards when Zarya suddenly starts reaching for her cannon. "W-wait, what? I'm afraid I don't understand."

"I'll concur with that question. What's an omnic, your word for a synth? And I'm gonna go out on a limb despite not having any and guess that there's some level of organic-synth tension here? As for hard light... interesting. Where I come from there's been some level of technology based off of solid energy fields but it never got much more advanced than simple containment -- autolathe tech and a glut of material meant we just never needed it. As for my name, I'm LOTUS, the Logistical Operational and Tactical Uplink System. Tactical personal AI, so this sort of thing is my specialty."

"Uh, and I'm Isobel Low." Isobel chimes in quietly, not having much more to add.

"The omnics are A.I.s, usually in a self-contained body.  We created them to be our servants, but once we realized how intelligent they could get we started seeing them as our equals too," Lucio shares, voice heavier than usual, "Then these sorts of Super A.I. showed up.  We call them God Programs, because they can take over other machines, including all but the strongest-willed Omnics.  They did their best to make humanity and any Omnics that resisted extinct, but thanks to Overwatch and the Russian military we were able to push them back.  A lot of people died, though, and a lot of cities were destroyed altogether.  Russia was hit especially hard.  Unfortunately, destroying the God Programs turned out to be dicey.  They've got this nasty habit of jumping to other pieces of tech when their original container gets wrecked.  The best Overwatch could do was quarantine the things.  That was thirty years ago, and things were starting to improve..."

"And then someone released the God Program Cikavac in Siberia and reactivated its Omnium factory," Zarya picks up the explanation, "I would be helping on the Siberian front, but my commanding officers believe that the terrorist organization Talon is behind this disaster.  Talon wishes Overwatch destroyed, and fighting alongside them will bring me closer to defeating the enemies of the motherland and dragging them home to face justice.  I pray...  Speaking of enemies of the motherland, if you should happen upon information that might lead me to that cowardly terrorist Sombra, well, I do not have the funds to pay the full reward on hand.  But I could give you my spare particle shield generator.  It is worth far more than the posted reward, but bringing that Talon agent to trial will be well worth it.  No one threatens the children of Katya Volskaya and gets away with it.  Blackmailing the woman whose inventions saved Russia from annihilation was not a wise decision."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"Oh, my god, that's terrible." Isobel gasps out.

"Ah. Oh, that's worse than I'd expected. Significantly worse. That is exceptionally bad news. It's a good thing that that isn't one of the threats we're facing here because as things are now I would not be confident in my ability to resist something like that, not while I'm disconnected from my Uplink. I'll... avoid being snippy on that topic. But that's the second time you've mentioned Sombra, and now that you've mentioned that this mysterious hacker, whose apparent presence means I may want to turn off my connectivity, is present in the city and connected to some incredibly dangerous organization it strikes me as a distinct possibility that said organization may in some way become relevant during the mission. Tell me about Talon. What kind of operatives do they field, what's their modus operandi?"

Sachi just stares at them, confused. This place looked normal- at least, compared to where she'd just been.

However, 'normal' was a relative term. This wasn't Kamogawa, not by a long shot. All this talk of hackers and cyborg ninjas sounded like something out of an old anime; Sachi had once read about this in history books, a common trope in video games and TV shows of the Pre-Shinju era.

Then again, she was a magical girl who killed evil monsters from space for a God-tree. That would probably be equally as strange.

Still, she had to ask.

"E-eh? Overwatch? Vishkar? I....uh....can we get a better explanation? What are we doing? And Rio? As in...Rio de Janeiro?"

"Very well.  It seems some background may be in order.  Forty years ago, the first omnic was created.  Omnics are intelligent machines we created as servants and workers.  But, some of them became far smarter than anticipated.  They had emotions, dreams, and feelings of their own.  We had begun discussing granting them equal rights with humans when the God Programs appeared.  God Programs are powerful artificial intelligences, so much so that they can suborn or transfer themselves to nearly any machine they can connect to.  They turned the omnics against us and started the first omnic crisis.  The nations of the world were helpless before the endless supplies of enemies pouring from the Omnium factories, save my homeland of Russia.  We held our own thanks to the efforts of Katya Volskaya and her mighty invention, the Svyagator mech, which could fight the most powerful war omnics and win.  It was only when Overwatch was formed, a multinational task force of our greatest soldiers, that the omnics were pushed back and the God Programs quarantined.  The first omnic crisis was over, though many cities were devastated in the process, including Rio de Janeiro, our location."

"But even in victory, we had some serious problems," Lucio takes up the thread of conversation, "The paramilitary terrorist group Talon started a covert smear campaign against Overwatch, and recruited a bunch of their black ops guys.  I don't know how.  I've never met anyone who was part of Overwatch black ops.  But they did, and they blew up their headquarters in Geneva, turned public opinion against the saviors of the world, and the UN forced Overwatch to disband.  Now Talon's stirring up new trouble all over the world.  They tried to steal superweapons in New York, blackmail Katya Volskaya, and are sparking fights between human and omnic communities wherever they can.  They might've released the Siberian God Program, but we don't know for sure.  Fortunately, Quetzalcoatl, the South American God Program, is one of the most secure in the world.  Most of Talon's people are your bog standard, baklava-clad, gun-toting goons, but there's a few real nasty ones to look out for."

"Widowmaker is an extremely skilled sniper, who is also fond of poison.  She has likely been surgically altered for superior skill; her skin is blue, and her eyes yellow.  Sombra is arguably the best hacker in the world; she can control any machine save omnics with a touch.  I would argue that our own AI support, Athena, is more skilled.  She also has cloaking device and short range teleporter, but is not skilled in combat.  She is responsible for blackmailing Katya Volskaya, and has very large price on her head.  I do not have enough money on hand to pay reward, and you could not use our money on other worlds anyway, so I offer particle shield generator instead.  It will protect you from nearly anything if your timing is good.  The most dangerous Talon agent, though, is Reaper.  He once lead Overwatch's black ops teams.  His shotguns are deadly enough, but he regenerates his wounds whenever he kills someone and can transform into invulnerable black mist with a thought.  If you should see a man in a black cloak and an owl skull mask, run for your life.  His only weaknesses are that he is terrible marksman, and can't hit you if you are far enough away.  He also love to monologue about how he hate things, so you might escape if you can get him talking."

"Fortunately, you shouldn't have to deal with any of these guys.  We're dealing with Vishkar at the moment, not Talon.  Those guys don't have a monopoly on evil.  Vishkar's a corporation that claims it wants to bring light and order to the places worst hit by the first omnic crisis.  Their hard light construction tech lets them put up skyscrapers in hours, so they aren't all talk, but as I said earlier if they can't get what they want legally, they'll resort to violence.  Vishkar wants Rio, and they're willing to level our homes with us inside if that's what it takes.  I love Rio.  We all do.  But sometimes, you gotta know when to cut your losses.  We're asking you for help because we're spread real thin right now, and we can't leave Symmetra to Vishkar's tender mercies.  Not after she defied the company who raised her from the age of five to help us.  And once we've got her out, we could certainly use some help covering the refugees until we get to a safe distance.  If we can bloody their noses enough, Vishkar's troops won't follow.  They want the land, not us.  Vishkar's guys aren't nearly as hard as Talon's either.  Some ex-military, a few combat architechs, though none are as good as Symmetra, and maybe some battle omnics.  They've been researching new weapons systems, we think, but if they had something good in mass production they'd be using that on us instead of faking a gas leak."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Hikari - who had gone along when Lexiel asked, having just finished up the round of Keijo training - listens quietly. She doesn't have many questions that hadn't been asked, so she just listens. She'd never been to Rio, but was pretty sure her world's version wasn't quite as described. She wondered if she'd see that big statue of some religious figure. One of her friends was pretty devoutly Christian, she'd probably kill for the chance - she'd have to take a picture, after the job. 

Hikari. Focus. Ivory said in her mind, and she shoved the tourist-y thoughts out of her head. A question pops into her head after Sachi asks. "Speaking of that, what does she look like? It would probably be helpful to know that so we can confirm it's her. Also, maybe give us some proof to show her that we're with you guys? If we just break in and get to her cell, she has no way of knowing we aren't actually Talon agents trying to kidnap her for some reason and might not cooperate."

"Oh, yeah, I have a picture," Lucio says, "And you guys don't look nearly edgy enough to be Talon agents.  They've got a very specific aesthetic for their special agents.  It's almost like they're trying to look evil for some reason.  Talon doesn't let their operatives wear anything that isn't black or purple.  It's bizarre, but I ain't complaining.  And yeah, that's what I'm asking.  Get in, rescue Symmetra, steal anything that looks valuable outta their labs so they can't use it on us, and if you can copy their mainframe onto this drive, get some dirt out of their CEO, or bottle their security forces up in their barracks that'd be real helpful."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Bridgett looked around the new area she was ending up in many strange rooms of late. She was glade that Hikari and Sachi where here at least there was people she knew who joined this mission. Listening to explanation about what they where doing and explanation of things about this world made Bridgett curious about something.

"Umm....does this V-vishkar group have any p-people like that W-widowmaker lady or Reaper guy who work for them?"  She asked quietly well blushing a little.

"Fortunately, Reaper and Widowmaker are one of a kind," Zarya does her best to reassure the group, "Vishkar has no one that dangerous on their payroll.  Their most capable agent was Symmetra, and she is not inclined to assist them in defeating you now.  They might field some experimental unit against you, but we have no way of predicting such things.  There is no certainty on a mission.  And experimental units usually have weaknesses that can be exploited."

"Well, if that's the case, then I figure we should be able to defeat them fairly handily -- analyzing and exploiting weaknesses is something I actually have specific built-in functions for. Not that taking that for granted would be a good idea, since dropping awareness has a nasty habit of turning out veeery poorly. I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one thing that pre-mission intel didn't properly encompass. Lucio, question, what kind of weaponry is in popu;ar use in this world? I'm guessing at least some level of ballistics, but are we talking gunpowder-propelled, phoron-fragment propelled, gauss, or something else. Hmm, have you even discovered Phoron yet? Lasers? Pulse rifles? I certainly hope you haven't discovered pulse rifles, they would present something of a problem. What are their battle, uh, Omnics like?"

Isobel remained in thought for a moment. "You keep referring to your people, and now you've called them refugees. Who do we need to help? I want to hear more about them."

"Gunpowder's the most common.  But there's some more exotic stuff, like Zarya's particle cannon or my sound rig," Lucio says, "I have no idea what phoron is, and gauss weapons are real battery hogs, so they don't see much use as infantry weapons.  But there's a couple Overwatch agents with pulse pistols or rifles.  Vishkar's got a good R&D team, so I'm not going to say they won't have any.  The things aren't that hard to make.  I don't even know if they have any battle omnics, but if they do they'll probably be human shaped drones with guns.  The worst they could conceal easily would be bastion units.  Those things are illegal 'cause they can transform into a turret equipped with a vulcan gatling.  They're easy to identify because of the giant rotary cannon on their back.  Take 'em out before they can transform, and you should be fine.

"And my people are the people of Rio.  Somehow.  I started out carrying messages from one rebel cell to another coded in my concerts, and somewhere along the line people decided since I was giving the orders that meant I was in charge of the fight against Vishkar.  I can't say I was prepared for that, but I like to think I've done a good job.  Pretty much everybody who lives in the favelas around us answers to me somehow.  The threat of total annihilation has a way of bringing people together, especially if it's because some corporate fat cat doesn't think you're a worthy part of their perfect world.  They're real good people.  We've got a long history of resisting oppressive, profiteering foreigners here in Brazil.  Vishkar might be a harder target than any we've faced, but we're not giving up.  This is a tactical retreat, not a rout.  That's the plan, anyway."

Kagari stood to the side, keeping to herself. The human concentration in this place was way too high for comfort. She slightly regretted tagging along with Hikari on this, but she wasn't going to let her newest apprentice go so easily. Besides, she might learn a move or two if she observed Kagari in battle.

...More to the point, Lucio's story about oppression and not being allowed to fit in another person's ideal world struck a little too close to home. That was a feeling she knew all too well. And to think, she was currently empathising with a human. What was the world coming to?

Nyahiro

NYAHIRO was completely enamored with this world. It looked like something out of a video game, and NYAHIRO loved games. She was practically overflowing with excitement. The depression that had loomed over her from her failed attempts at romance simply washed away.

"Do not worry, Bridgett-san!" She exclaimed loudly to her timid companion, "I will protect you!"

To illustrate her point she pulled out a handful of forks and threw them into an unsuspecting wall, in which they became stuck with a series of metallic clangs. Nyahiro then looked at the grumpy old lady.

"Won't the bad guys be torturing the double agent so she'll spill all of your secrets or something?" She asked, "She might be hurt or... insane. What do we do then?"

NYAHIRO shivered as she said insane, recalling the vision the strange man had given her. She said it as though insanity was the absolute worst possible outcome anyone could meet. It probably made her sound naive in most universes, but was essentially true where she came from. As for the double agent, NYAHIRO intentionally omitted that she had a device that could easily carry a hurt ally if the need arose, because she wanted to know what the old lady's plan was first. After all, in shooter games like this* the captured agent always got tortured, sometimes illegally.

(OOC: *She's thinking, like, typical gritty war shooter right now. She obviously missed the bit about the cyborg ninja)

Venus

Venus was wordless for most of the exchange that was currently ensuing between the two new individuals and the rest of the team. In matters alien to the artist, Venus listened more than he spoke or asked; the analytical and resourceful artist would suffice in gathering information solely from the inquisitive minds of the other members, only nodding in acquiescence in any instance he would be addressed. From what Venus had the attention and inclination to gather, Venus and his assigned group of subordinates were to aid their new acquaintances in a rescue mission, and to seek out information that would be useful to evidence the crimes of the hostile at hand. While not requisites, Venus also gathered several conditions that would make their mission more favourable – plundering any valuables they could find in the process, putting a strain on the enemy security simultaneously, a stone for two birds, as it may. Venus knew not what part of the mission he would particularly be involved in, nor could he gather which of such missions he wound find most interest in, as well. 

The motivation of rescuing was a prospect rather foreign to Venus. Granted, the mission itself, given the strength of the given group in numbers, and what with the several weaknesses that were there to exploit, Venus surmised that the odds for success were rather considerable – as far as the major objectives were involved, at least. From what Lucio spoke of the enemy’s motivations as she recollected the history of the world they were now to fight in, Venus related disdainfully of the dynamic that existed between hearts possessing power, more often than not with their empty promises nothing more than means to satiate the greed that came with their privilege. A mild hint of irritation returned to Venus as he remembered his conversation with Hiroki being interrupted, before returning to the reminiscence and reminder that Venus, too, despite his heritage, had once lost many a dear thing he possessed as a result (and something he would have been able to divulge to her). The relief of disclosing that secret to another, however it had managed to come to Venus, would have to wait. 

Edited by Noir

"Do not worry.  Vishkar raised Symmetra.  They try to convince her to rejoin them the nice way before they try anything else," Zarya states, smiling grimly, "Their security is no match for ninja.  Genji check on her and deliver message several times.  Unfortunately, getting out with person not trained as ninja much harder than getting in.  And if you think fork will stop Vishkar guards, you are in for surprise.  They wear body armor.  Get real weapon."

"Ugh.  That wasn't exactly the nicest way to put it, but Zarya's got a point," Lucio groans.  Clearly this isn't the first time the Russian's blunt speech has potentially offended an ally.  "Not saying you can't make melee work.  Reinhardt and Genji do, even if I'm fairly sure Reinhardt has a few screws loose.  We don't exactly have the best gear on hand, but there's a couple AKs and pistols floating around, and Zarya might be able to scrounge something from the Overwatch jet.  Fighting people with guns without a good ranged option is not going to be a fun time."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"Hmm.....well I'm fine in range options so i don't need anything."Bridgett stopped talking for a bit and thought before speaking again. "The CEO would most likely have some form of protection with them correct? Then that would make it very unlikely to achieve all the goals you set for us, if we all stayed together. Since if we attacked one place the others would get warning and they would most likely get the important people like the CEO and Symmetra out before we got to them." Bridgett cocked he head to the side with her eyes closed be fore continuing "Best i can come up with is splitting up into two groups, with one going in through the top and one through the bottom and meeting in the middle. Would that be something possible to do." Bridgett asked with her eyes still closed as she tried to think of any other ideas.

Edited by rustytengo

Wyvis looked awkwardly around, scratching his head.

First, he was looking for Visrii, in the Emerald Expanse where he reportedly disappeared. He had his Paladins had been travelling on the road when this strange voice called him.

Then the next thing he knew, he was travelling through portals and ended up here, listening blindly to a couple of strangely dressed gentlemen asking for help.

Well, it wasn't exactly what he had expected. Well, he didn't really know what he HAD expected in the first place, but all turned out well, it seemed. He was alive, and someone needed help.

"Err, so this person who needed help; Symmetra. Does she know we're the ones coming to save her? I mean, it would be better if we can bring along at least one friendly face for her to trust."

"Of course she does.  As I said, we've been passing messages through our ninja, Genji," Lucio repeats, "Genji and Ana will be backing you up on the mission.  If Symmetra's feeling doubtful, just give her one of the radios we'll be giving you all and put either of them on the line."

"If you have no questions that we haven't already answered, and do not wish for more useful weapons, perhaps it is time to begin planning infiltration," Zarya says, "Groups attacking tower from top and bottom at once would be ideal, but Vishkar helicopters control skies, and climbing building would get you caught.  There is no cover on side of building, and no legal reason to be there."

"Oh that's great!" Wyvis said, though he wasn't exactly sure this 'ninja' meant. Perhaps it was a sort of Crown Breaker, or assassin. In either case, back-up would be wise.

Infiltrating bases looked tough. Really, the Sunshine Guard was to block AGAINST infiltration, so by far he was not the expert here. 

And 'helicopter' sounded like some sort of beast that patrolled the skies. If it was anything like a dragon, then it would be hard to sneak past them, very true.

Hmm... if he was the Head Guard of this place, he'd most likely cover all bases... but he'd have to weaken defences in some areas; especially waste disposal areas.

"Is there any waste-y areas in this place? Like, sewage. I know it's unpleasant, but I personally can't think of anywhere else."

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

"There's definitely sewers under the area, but I don't know if Vishkar's buildings are connected to them," "Lucio relates, "They've got a thing for perfection, and might not be willing to connect with utilities created by somebody else.  On the other hand, I've never seen evidence of them incinerating anything, and the crap's gotta go somewhere.  It's worth a look, if you aren't worried about the guards smelling you.  Or you could stake out the tower for a few days.  The guards are still humans.  Security can't be airtight."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

"Hmm...how many helicopters do they have in the sky? If we could lure them away somehow then we might be able to get in from the top. Though...."  Bridgett stopped and thought a little. "I don't know how we could get a group up there. I wouldn't have any problems since i could just fly there, I might be able to carry another person though it would slow me down and i wouldn't want to face any enemies alone."  She said with a sigh "Wait they don't ever let people in for a tour or anything do they?" She said quickly after.