Events for Reborn game?

Gab1

I was thinking about it: don't you think that Pokemon Reborn should have an event mode, with the internet connexion, which would be for distributing gifts, announced on this website, at all the three or four weeks?

This would include rare pokemon or items, or even some DLC (sidequests or new parts of map), and would be accessible acording of the number of badges.

If a staff member reads this, could you give me your opinion about this?

Edited by Gab1

Pokemon Essentials, the engine upon which Reborn runs, does have Mystery Gift functionality that can work regardless of whether or not the game has net-based trading or battling.  It does require an internet connection, as it looks at a text file stored somewhere to determine what gifts are available.

I'm not sure why Reborn has not yet used Mystery Gifts, but there is probably a reason that has to do with the game's delicate balance.

Personally, I'm against distributing rare Pokémon through Mystery Gifts, since it diminishes their worth as compared to getting them at the end of long and fulfilling quest chains like what has been done in the game thus far. 

Something like the Mystery Pokémon you get at the end of the Police Officer quest chain is worthwhile and meaningful exactly because it's a one-time event. If such powerful Pokémon were given out freely, it would make the game less interesting overall. 

23 minutes ago, Tartar said:

Personally, I'm against distributing rare Pokémon through Mystery Gifts, since it diminishes their worth as compared to getting them at the end of long and fulfilling quest chains like what has been done in the game thus far. 

Something like the Mystery Pokémon you get at the end of the Police Officer quest chain is worthwhile and meaningful exactly because it's a one-time event. If such powerful Pokémon were given out freely, it would make the game less interesting overall. 

Completely agree with you. The feeling of achievement is something I can't come to feel in new games tbh ; Reborn felt really fresh to me

There was a time where we held competitions and the winner got a rare pokemon in their game, however those stopped occurring due to lack on interest. If we were ever shown that people really wanted stuff like that to return I don't think we'd be opposed to bringing them back. They still sometimes happen at holiday parties and so on, but that is the closest thing you get the mystery gift. 

2 hours ago, Tartar said:

38 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Certain other fangames distribute regularly Mysterygift pokemon, but those destroy gameplay (balance). They come in full pefect IVs, males (slap them a destiny knot and you made your fortune), some even shiny and foreign, too...

Breeding to perfection should be an end-game endeavor and something like your final aim; not served to you on a silver platter, with gold wrap, mid-game, or even worse at the beginning!

Alright, I understood, you are against giving pokemon. But what about dlc sidequests?

6 minutes ago, Gab1 said:

Alright, I understood, you are against giving pokemon. But what about dlc sidequests?

That's absurd. Why should there be a dlc? Why not just put all the content directly in the main game? If you're releasing your game in a format in which updates are a thing (and this is the case in Reborn) the idea of any sort of dlc or additional content for the game doesn't make sense. That new content can jist be added in an update and it would make things easier for everybody. Besides, this sort of gift content which would be available only for part of the players (the ones who took part in the event) would feel unfair for the rest of the players who wouldn't have access to it.

Well, there is always sending NOT broken mons on those releases, but instead releasing more common pokemon but with unusual Egg Moves, Hidden Abilities, or Shinies. Something similar to the ORAS Pokegear's pokemon radar function, with the level of the pokemon being dependant on the badges you have to prevent problems, with about half to 75% the maximum level permitted until we get the desobedience problems being a reasonable margin.

I wouldn't actually rule out the possibility of online play related events for Reborn.
Ame mentioned a short while ago that all the significant canon character names have been registered for Online Play before the community gained access to it. Wouldn't have been done if the idea of actually using those accounts for something hadn't occurred to the devs.

It'd seem like something that's more designed for postgame content, especially if we're talking Pokémon distributions, but I'd be more surprised if we didn't get any online events in the future.

there is also a possibility that the mystery gift is only avaliable to people with a determined number of badges. So to not upset the balance

The online feature already upset the balance if we look at it, I got a lot of good pokemon (including with good IV, egg moves) that I couldnt get at this moment

I would love to contribute to those, especially to tournaments. Competitive play used to be the main reason I joined Reborn back in BW. I prefered the centralized metagame that we had on our server, and honing my skills against things like Genesect, Chandelure, Blaziken, Kingdra and Excadrill allowed me to find my true playstyle... ah, the good old days.

Edited by SJMistery

I`d like to remind 

this was a thing. It would be interesting to see more quests like this. Kind of expansions/DLCs isnt that stupid idea, let`s say, from time to time developers release little update containing such quest, along with an incredible tricky hint or quiz (or no hint at all?), which upon resolving, allows players to start said quest. Possibilities are limitless, it could involve legendaries, main and side characters and their stories, interesting fights... for a prize, another Mystery Egg, perfect event mon, rare item, whatever, you name it. The same with balance, accessibility only with certain badge, TM, or so. Difficulty level of getting Beldum, finding Dratini tile, and higher. I guess file diggers can cause problems here, tough.