Any/Random starter mod

Waynolt

Hi!

I've made this mod, which allows you to change your starter pokemon; you can either choose one or roll it at random.

The command is only available in the room where you choose your starter.

(Its stats will be slightly off until after your first battle with Cain... it's easier this way :P )

Rolling a random starter will always net a legally available unevolved form.

You'll get a warning if instead you manually choose an unavailable mon (or likely a crash if you choose one that is not even implemented).

This mod also allows the use of TMXs out of battle without teaching them (you only need to have obtained the TM and the necessary badge); this is absolutely not because I kind of forgot to use a vanilla scripts.rxdata or because it's not simple to remove that now. I'm offended you'd even suggest that something like that might have happened.

Google drive link (too heavy to attach here): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4XiRtkwr4blcDllbXNPemhEa3c

(It also includes other components that are other mods I worked on; they can all be disabled by editing the included .ini file)

How to use this:

Spoiler

01.jpg

Spoiler

02.jpg

Spoiler

03.jpg

Edited by Waynolt

Huh, that's an interesting concept. I'd like to see what this project brings in the future. This might be enough to nullify people requesting certain starters, although with great power also comes great responsibility. If you use this, are you able to trade with other people?

10 minutes ago, Combat Medic said:

If you use this, are you able to trade with other people?

I was able to get a Skorupi as a starter and can wonder trade, so I guess you can trade (as long you either use the random option or manually choose a legally available pokemon... as said, my manually chosen Skorupi was ok, yet my manually chosen Arceus sadly wasn't).

(The random option uses the same checks that the online play does, so that's pretty much ok for sure)

Edited by Waynolt

8 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

I was able to get a Skorupi as a starter and can wonder trade, so I guess you can trade (as long you either use the random option or manually choose a legally available pokemon... as said, my manually chosen Skorupi was ok, yet my manually chosen Arceus sadly wasn't).

(The random option uses the same checks that the online play does, so that's pretty much ok for sure)

That's what I figured, I wanted to double check just in case.

1 hour ago, AstralColossus said:

How would one implement this mod? Do you just copy it into the folder and select "replace files"?

It would be better to make a backup copy of Pokemon Reborn\Data\scripts.rxdata first... but basically yes, that's how you install this ;)

Edited by Waynolt

• 2 weeks later...

Well, hopefully Its not too late to say this, buuuuuut..

By Randomizing my starter, i managed to get a Hoopa Unbound, but wait, there's more! It was legal online. Hell, I even managed to WONDERTRADE it.

I also got a Volcanion the same way, but i didn't check if i could wondertrade that too

And it happens sometimes that i get Pokemon already Mega Evolved, Mega Absol, Herracross, Mawile etc., but they turn to normal after the first fight with Cain

lucky the person who got the Hoopa lol.

4 hours ago, OldSoulja said:

Well, hopefully Its not too late to say this, buuuuuut..

By Randomizing my starter, i managed to get a Hoopa Unbound, but wait, there's more! It was legal online. Hell, I even managed to WONDERTRADE it.

I also got a Volcanion the same way, but i didn't check if i could wondertrade that too

And it happens sometimes that i get Pokemon already Mega Evolved, Mega Absol, Herracross, Mawile etc., but they turn to normal after the first fight with Cain

lucky the person who got the Hoopa lol.

Ok, this is not right - I've removed the link for now.
Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: I've put the link to a version that forbids choosing pokemon that the game recognizes as legal but that are not on the available list here on the site.

The problem still exists, but now this mod should not allow it to be exploited.

I think I've also managed to make the components optional (just edit the included .ini file). :D

Edited by Waynolt

• 5 years later...