HOLY ARCEUS

Anime

9 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer97 said:

Yes, I know right?! When I saw it, I was genuinely shocked :( 

RIP Amethyst, i wonder who is the new champion ?

8 minutes ago, Alextron said:

Lin ain't kidding when she fights.

I know right ?!!

1 hour ago, Wolfox Glace said:

my question about all of that: HOW IN THE NAME OF ARCEUS HIS MOM DID A HEIDREIGON LIVE A STAB QUAD EFFECTIVE MOVE?

Sash, Roseli Berry, Assault Vest on a Hydreigon with max Sp. Def EV's. A-Ninetales doesn't have a very large SpA stat, sadly, so a heavily defensive Hydreigon can survive and counter-KO with Flash Cannon.

Just now, Anstane said:

Sash, Roseli Berry, Assault Vest on a Hydreigon with max Sp. Def EV's. A-Ninetales doesn't have a very large SpA stat, sadly, so a heavily defensive Hydreigon can survive and counter-KO with Flash Cannon.

still seems like a stretch to me, migth be because I play fairies in monotype but still, that drei should have met it's maker

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

still seems like a stretch to me, migth be because I play fairies in monotype but still, that drei should have met it's maker

252+ SpA Pixie Plate Ninetales-Alola Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Roseli Berry Hydreigon: 254-300 (78.1 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

With Pixie Plate, even Assault Vest doesn't prevent an OHKO, I will admit that much.

And Sash is Sash, guarantees that Moonblast does not OHKO, even if Hail should finish it off right after the Flash Cannon. (And in case you're wondering, yes, Flash Cannon is an OHKO on A-Ninetales)

flash cannon drei is a thing I fear even with fairy's, but you still get my point, that hydreigon should have to be made to eat those hits in order to live, and I don't see lyn as a defencive players

My only thoughts during this entire episode while I was ripping everyone apart, even Addreienn don't care how it's spelled. Only took my two tries to shit stomp "xir". When I saw this scene though, only one thing was going through my mind.

Can I beat the ever living shit out of you now Lyn? This is boring me, pokemon masters are generally a joke, showing Lyn beating someone we never faced, who was also lack luster to begin with still doesn't make her a threat.

TL;DR, Lyn killed the pokemon Master, big fucking deal I killed a bunch of people on my way up to view this Star Trek episode.

Edited by Xain

Xain has a point. Ame was trying to Worf herself off in order to give Lin a sense that she's an extremely strong trainer. The issue here is that Ame hasn't really shown her power as a trainer other than simply stating that she's champion. If we'd seen Ame easily annihilating another strong trainer or so we could have a better idea of Lin's power, but since we don't we could possibly assume that Ame may not have been that strong a trainer in the first place.

Basically, it's a show vs. tell issue.

7 hours ago, FairFamily said:

A shame though that she had to red shirt herself so much. It kinda drains the emotions in the scene.

xD, true

6 hours ago, Wolfox Glace said:

my question about all of that: HOW IN THE NAME OF ARCEUS HIS MOM DID A HEIDREIGON LIVE A STAB QUAD EFFECTIVE MOVE?

A focus sash maybe?

3 hours ago, tfsbaeta said:

I was gagging when i saw that, completely savage 

I know right?!

28 minutes ago, Sarun said:

Xain has a point. Ame was trying to Worf herself off in order to give Lin a sense that she's an extremely strong trainer. The issue here is that Ame hasn't really shown her power as a trainer other than simply stating that she's champion. If we'd seen Ame easily annihilating another strong trainer or so we could have a better idea of Lin's power, but since we don't we could possibly assume that Ame may not have been that strong a trainer in the first place.

Basically, it's a show vs. tell issue.

i agree

Seriously, if you're trying to make Lyn seem like a threat, pit her against my steel team and give me five minutes. If she's using dragons, a simple Xspeed/stealth rock/nasty plot which is six turns at most, dragon pulse sweep will wipe her whole team, focus Sashes are useless strategies, and is only affective being as we're not allowed to have the move Toxic.

Strategy over power will usually win unless it's fire types, because let's face it. Fire type pokemon are innately broken, blaziken is the prime example of the strongest starter ever made, and is in the U(uber) category only reserved for legendaries, and all pokemon over 400 total stats.

TL;DR, you take away my Toxic, and I'll still abuse this game like a red headed step child.

P.S. Focus Sash strategies are fine, if you're playing against people who don't know how to play against one of the weakest top tier items in the game.

P.P.S I'm sorry for the one trillion edits, but my point above still stands. If she still shit on ME even fully buffed then I'd give Lyn credit, but seeing as I fucking shit stomped an Arceus almost a year ago with pokemon 40 levels lower and most of which were steel types? Yeah, not a threat to me. Also, where's that Steel Gym leader, I want to beat her ass next.

P.P.P.S (kill me, please) In terms of fairy Xir, just because "Xhe" has fairy types in a double battle doesn't make "Xir" good. Not to mention "Xir" best pokemon wasn't even "Xir" mega evolution, in fact Adr. mega was the weakest pokemon "Xir" sacrificed to the almighty gods of metal, and I ignored it while I wiped the floor with "Xir's" team...Using this made up term is giving me a brain tumor...Also, I went into that tower where Ame died expecting a war, and I went in hard as a rock. Lyn killed my boner, and wouldn't let me fuck the fear turkey...

Edited by Xain
Spelling errors galore, hurts my eyes.

Honestly, I don't think this scene was designed to make us feel sad for Ame or scared of Lin's fighting power.
The entire plot at Devon was a demonstration of her power to play us for her own use and entertainment. From luring us there and trapping us, to making us fight each other, to teasing us by making us watch her kill someone and then just walking out of the room without letting us take a shot at her, to allowing us to progress all the way to the PULSE and save her the work of taking out an Admin she no longer had any use for.
It wasn't meant to show us that she's scary because she's strong, it's meant to show us that she's scary because she knew exactly what we'd do, and she twisted it all in her favor.

The torture we had to endure along the way was just a game to her - if Laura's dialogue from the scene at Tanzan Depths is to be believed, then Lin has always, even as a little child, gotten enjoyment out of being a sadistic bully.

The bottom line here is supposed to be that Lin is terrifying for how she's manipulated us. Putting the scene in merely to showcase her strength would have been pointless, since that's already the purpose of seeing her defeat Saphira. Killing Ame served as a neat round-up for the first part of the Devon raid; it just needed to be a character we were familiar with so it'd believably fit into the story.

...Plus, I can't help but feel like Ame kinda just wanted her character out of the way. Pretty sure she didn't assume we'd mourn over the character like we would over one of our long-time companions.

Okay you guys might hate me here but when this moment happened, I got really angry more than sad. However....(Check spoiler only if you went out from that place)

Spoiler

I almost cried when Lin torn Dj Arclight's eyes....I seriously wanna face that bitch already.

Edited by Rainlove

1 hour ago, ZEL said:

Honestly, I don't think this scene was designed to make us feel sad for Ame or scared of Lin's fighting power.
The entire plot at Devon was a demonstration of her power to play us for her own use and entertainment. From luring us there and trapping us, to making us fight each other, to teasing us by making us watch her kill someone and then just walking out of the room without letting us take a shot at her, to allowing us to progress all the way to the PULSE and save her the work of taking out an Admin she no longer had any use for.
It wasn't meant to show us that she's scary because she's strong, it's meant to show us that she's scary because she knew exactly what we'd do, and she twisted it all in her favor.

The torture we had to endure along the way was just a game to her - if Laura's dialogue from the scene at Tanzan Depths is to be believed, then Lin has always, even as a little child, gotten enjoyment out of being a sadistic bully.

The bottom line here is supposed to be that Lin is terrifying for how she's manipulated us. Putting the scene in merely to showcase her strength would have been pointless, since that's already the purpose of seeing her defeat Saphira. Killing Ame served as a neat round-up for the first part of the Devon raid; it just needed to be a character we were familiar with so it'd believably fit into the story.

...Plus, I can't help but feel like Ame kinda just wanted her character out of the way. Pretty sure she didn't assume we'd mourn over the character like we would over one of our long-time companions.

I'm not sure if I can fully share that sentiment. I mean when you look at the whole devon plot then you're right, but when you purely look at the scene of the fight between Lin and Ame I feel there was more to it.  First it must be mentioned that she did not defeat Saphira just garguantuan steelix, which was to be honest weaker than Solaris. The only reason we know she is strong is because of meteor team interaction and dialogue. Out of this we know that she was stronger then Solaris which we just stopped. But we don't know how much, was Solaris ging to try to team up against us? How much stronger is Lin a little bit a lot. Either way this uncertainty,combined with the defeat of Solaris made it so that in terms of battle threats we're kinda lacking.

Now back to Lin and Ame. Ame held the title of champion, the strongest trainer of reborn, why? What purpose did it serve, if it were purely to demonstrate what you said then she could just have been the organizer of the league. I mean we took a DJ with us. No instead the game specifically tells us that Lin defeated the champion, on top of that there is something more. When you enter the room you hear Ame in surprise that hydreigon a dark/dragon tanked a hit from alolan nintales a ice/fairy pkmn, this line was not necessairy but it is still there. The hinting that Lin's dragon took a 4 times effective hit and still could go on does say a lot of her battle strength or at least that something is not right with that dragon and in return her battle strength. 

So yeah, I don't think the scene was not for her battle prowes but I do aggree that Ame wanted to get rid of her own character.

9 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

I'm not sure if I can fully share that sentiment. I mean when you look at the whole devon plot then you're right, but when you purely look at the scene of the fight between Lin and Ame I feel there was more to it.  [...]

So yeah, I don't think the scene was not for her battle prowes but I do aggree that Ame wanted to get rid of her own character.

Yeah, I did indeed put it in the context of the entire Devon plot, because overall, the battle between Lin and Ame was just a small part of it - though admittedly one with some shock value, sure.

I won't deny that if you look just at the battle outside the context, then naturally it's meant to drive the point home that Lin is powerful. Point well made.

In which case: As far as my opinion on just the battle without the rest of the Devon plot goes:

Criticism has been aimed at how the scene came across like a poorly executed attempt at making Lin seem like a threat. And I agree! In a way. 'Cause I think the real problem here is that the scene was never meant to be overly significant to Lin's build-up as a whole. To me, personally, the reason it failed to leave an impact is because it feels like the scene wasn't originally planned to be there.

I just... don't really feel like the inclusion of Ame as a character in this plot has been planned far in advance at all. In fact, Ame used to say repeatedly in the past that she didn't want her character to have a significant role in the game, and that she'd just be the league manager. Just a side role.

Yet here we are, having her shown as the Champ, and then die at the hands of the big bad. How?

Well, to quote what Ame said on the E16 status thread (emphasis mine):
"However, as close to the end as we are with everything having been written out from the start, it's a bit problematic to just start rewriting things now. There are a few things I change here and there if I see a better opportunity of course-- and that may yet happen. It also may not. Who knows?"

And I feel like her inclusion in E16's plot must have been one of those short-term changes. It doesn't feel like one of those things that have been planned from the start.

If it had been planned a long time ago, then I doubt the scene would have felt as lackluster as it did to many of us, since surely, Ame would have remembered to build up her character a bit more in order to make the scene worthwhile.

it feels like it was just pushed in there, and as such, I find it hard to take the scene as something that's really supposed to be significant to the story as a whole. It's clearly there to drive the point home that Lin is powerful, but what Ame said about "opportunities" to change stuff sounds fitting here - it was an opportunity to get rid of the character.

• 3 weeks later...

Literally as a said a month ago, a Star Trek episode that has left me flaccid.

Edit: If this is considered necroposting as it's only been a couple weeks just delete my post if you would please.

Edited by Xain
Unsure.

Yeah that was the THE moment of Ep 15 to me. Like we knew Lin was a jerk but she really showed us just how brutal she was with that one move.

Admittedly I thought the Jigsaw angle was kind of much. Like it was cool to finally fight arclight and victoria becoming major again but I didn't like the whole Saw-esque thing.