Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Electric Type Mono Run

JoJoDeath

Question

Hey people!

After completing the game once, I wanted to try it again. However, the second time I found myself really don't enjoying it as much as with my first playthrough. So I wanted to try a mono type run.

I wanted to try out electric, but wasn't sure which pokemon to pick as a starter. I was thinking of starting with either Elekid or Shinx.

Now I was wondering where I can get Elekid. I've got a shinx already, though he doesn't have the best stats.

Either that, or maybe someone wants to trade either of them with good stats. If possible shiny, but that is not needed.

Also, which of these would you recommand to play with as starter? Some pro's/con's would be appreciated!

I've got some ideas for the team as well, but I haven't worked it out fully yet. If you want to give a recommandation for pokemon to catch, I'd gladly take that into account :)

4 answers to this question

As of E16 you can get an Elekid in Calcenon city if you give an electirizer to a man in one of the houses. He will then give you the elekid. 

You can get 2 electirizers: 1 in the diving spot at the lighthouse in coral ward, and the other in calcenon city after you donate to reconstruction of the path. 

31 minutes ago, JoJoDeath said:

Hey people!

After completing the game once, I wanted to try it again. However, the second time I found myself really don't enjoying it as much as with my first playthrough. So I wanted to try a mono type run.

I wanted to try out electric, but wasn't sure which pokemon to pick as a starter. I was thinking of starting with either Elekid or Shinx.

Now I was wondering where I can get Elekid. I've got a shinx already, though he doesn't have the best stats.

Either that, or maybe someone wants to trade either of them with good stats. If possible shiny, but that is not needed.

Also, which of these would you recommand to play with as starter? Some pro's/con's would be appreciated!

I've got some ideas for the team as well, but I haven't worked it out fully yet. If you want to give a recommandation for pokemon to catch, I'd gladly take that into account :)

Elekid. I don't think electric will be the easiest type to do a mono and, as a physycal atacker, shinx's movepool will be very limited during the early game.