Titania??

JayFam

So can someone tell me what it is with red headed chicks named Titania?? Obviously there's one in Reborn, one of the main characters in Fairy Tail is nicknamed Titania and is a red headed and female, and I just discovered after browsing the Fire Emblem Heroes website that one of the characters in FE: Path of Radiance is a red head woman named Titania. Is there something that I'm missing?? If I had to guess, Fairy Tail got it off Fire emblem and Reborn got it off Fairy Tail but idk. Someone school me pls

V (Fire Emblem) V                                           V (Fairy Tail) V                                                                                                               V (Reborn) V

Image result for titania fire emblemImage result for titania fairy tailtitaniabanner.png

Ame said that the similarity between Tania and Erza is a complete coincidence, she didn't even know Fairy Tail was a thing by the time, and she gets frustrated of how similar they are.

However, I remember reading a topic where Ame said that Tania MAY be inspired on Titania from FE, but not directly, since it was not her intention making Tania so similar with such characters.

(If I find the topic I'll post the link here)

edit: here

Spoiler

f74d72bf446c42de8aa9f5e3091e19e6.png

Edited by Atticus

The plot thickens!

But seriously, as the others have said, its purely coincidental. My only guess is that most people just take the name from A Midsummer Night's Dream since its pretty well known and features someone they can call the queen of faires. Now, while I can't stand Titania (I'm on the you can't kill unarmed bad guys side) I can almost see how a red haired heroine is a reoccurring theme. Now this is only a theory, but think of it like this. The stereotypical damsel in distress is usually made out to be a blonde woman, and the evil witch is usually black haired. In order to make a bad ass heroine, creators give their character red hair, as it might be more "exotic" than having a brown hair character. I don't have any real evidence to prove this of course, since this is just a guess by me, but I don't believe anyone is copying anyone else. (Fair Tail may have stolen some assets, but of course I'm hugely biased. I don't like that anime.)

So no, probably not. Creators just need a clever name for their character and default to Titania. But from a literary stance, is Shakespeare's Titania even that strong of a female character? Her husband drugged her and made her fall in love with the comic relief because they were having custody issues. She spent most of the play in a drugged up stupor...

Let's be honest here, Ame is not making it easy for us.

Both characters are strong redhead females that wear armor and have the same name/nickname. Tania was even redesigned to include her armor from the first season of the League. Both can be considered 'knights' and they do anything to protect the people they care about. Also, Tania lives in the Fiore mansion, and her field effect will most likely be the Fairy Tale field. It becomes really hard to not compare these characters when there are so many similarities.

Though I'm pretty sure she is actually inspired by Titanium and Scizor.