Am I lucky? Or is this normal?

Avery

So I started another save file today, and as of four hours, I've collected eight shinnies. Um, what? So I've read on the forums that the rate for shiny encounters comes out to be about 1/700. Is this true that the rate is really indeed 1/700? I have no way of pinpointing how many encounters I've had; but if I had to ballpark it, I shouldn't have over 1000 encounters. I've included screenshots of the mons and my playtime in the spoiler below. I'm just super surprised???

Spoiler

Screenshot (65).pngScreenshot (66).pngScreenshot (67).pngScreenshot (68).pngScreenshot (69).pngScreenshot (70).pngScreenshot (71).pngScreenshot (72).pngScreenshot (75).png

1 minute ago, Ven Enfield said:

wow so getting a shiny from an egg is indeed high then? or is it different?

The shiny chance is always the same, it's always 1%. Though you can increase it further if you have the shiny charm.

Just now, Farnsworth said:

The shiny chance is always the same, it's always 1%. Though you can increase it further if you have the shiny charm.

Hm... a shiny charm well I'm still on the fairy gym not sure if I'll get that one soon enough, since in the future I may want my whole team as a shiny but also have a decent IV's as well.

Just now, Ven Enfield said:

Hm... a shiny charm well I'm still on the fairy gym not sure if I'll get that one soon enough, since in the future I may want my whole team as a shiny but also have a decent IV's as well.

You can get it after you beat Blake in Ametrine. You need to do a sidequest in Calcenon City, though it is only available if you say No every time to Blake back in Ametrine when he asks for the Ruby Ring.

If you said yes the shiny charm will become available at a later episode.

Just now, Farnsworth said:

You can get it after you beat Blake in Ametrine. You need to do a sidequest in Calcenon City, though it is only available if you say No every time to Blake back in Ametrine when he asks for the Ruby Ring.

If you said yes the shiny charm will become available at a later episode.

Spoiler

I did say no when he is giving the waterfall can you tell where in calcenon city ? so I'll just take a hike there

12 minutes ago, Chessdude said:

Hide contents

Should be the top left most building

Spoiler

I actually just gone from it lol thanks guys ~! this will definitely help now I just need that goomy or ask if ask someone if they have spare goomy that they don't want in the box anymore for dragon breath egg movebandicam 2017-01-19 10-58-05-020.jpg

Edited by Ven Enfield

1 hour ago, Farnsworth said:

The shiny rate in Reborn is around 1% or 1/100. 

Oh, wow okay! Thank you so much! I guess my reaction was one of "Special Snowflake Syndrome." Haha, thanks again for clearing this up! :D

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Ven Enfield said:
  Hide contents

I did say no when he is giving the waterfall can you tell where in calcenon city ? so I'll just take a hike there

Wait, how did you get Waterfall if you said no every time you were asked for the ring and haven't done this before? I read on the forums that Aster gives you Waterfall if you don't get it from Blake. Or was that changed in E16?

On 1/19/2017 at 1:23 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Wait, how did you get Waterfall if you said no every time you were asked for the ring and haven't done this before? I read on the forums that Aster gives you Waterfall if you don't get it from Blake. Or was that changed in E16?

Spoiler

Well I don't think it even changed, but yeah I fought Aster and man that kinda took me 2 tries since he have Eclipse's Electrivire and some annoying pokemon that Aster have

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Ven Enfield said:
  Hide contents

Well I don't think it even changed, but yeah I fought Aster and man that kinda took me 2 tries since he have Eclipse's Electrivire and some annoying pokemon that Aster have

Oh, I assumed getting Waterfall from Aster and getting the Shiny Charm were part of the same story split event.

On 1/19/2017 at 1:27 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Oh, I assumed getting Waterfall from Aster and getting the Shiny Charm were part of the same story splitevent. 

Spoiler

You'll get it when you fight Aster, but I talk to the old guy in Calcenon City before fighting Aster and you'll find the shiny charm just lying in the Eclipse's room.

Well, I'm your specific case you got kinda sorta lucky that almost 1/5 of your eggs were shiny. I'm reborn the shiny rarity is dropped from whatever high number (around 7000 I think?)  it is in the main games, to 1/100 chance in reborn. So yeah shines are semi common, but it's cool that you got so many in just 100

Also I should sleep right now byeeee